GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&amp] [video=twitter;895008212059119622]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/895008212059119622[/video]

just footage[/FONT]

Will the jury go home tonight.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Pray to God everyday that it could happen, as it seems to fit the crime scene and evidence.

Get ready for the long haul then. My fear is that it could turn into another JonBenet type media circus where endless debate is infinitely encouraged, and nothing ever gets resolved. I was thinking about this today, after all this time, I don't know anything more about Molly or Jason or what happened that night than when it started. Except, does her statement actually say that she didn't see the bat?

Can they up the charges to murder one?
I have never heard of it and I do not think so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury#Role

"...The role of the jury is described as that of a finder of fact, while the judge is seen as having the sole responsibility of interpreting the appropriate law and instructing the jury accordingly. The jury determines the truth or falsity of factual allegations and renders a verdict on whether a criminal defendant is guilty... It is the role of the judge, not the jury, to determine what law applies to a particular set of facts. ..."

we only received fragments of her statement.
I know more about Mm than Jason since we started.
I know a lot more about TM since his testimony.
Impossible to work with fragments of info..

I have never heard of it and I do not think so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury#Role

"...The role of the jury is described as that of a finder of fact, while the judge is seen as having the sole responsibility of interpreting the appropriate law and instructing the jury accordingly. The jury determines the truth or falsity of factual allegations and renders a verdict on whether a criminal defendant is guilty... It is the role of the judge, not the jury, to determine what law applies to a particular set of facts. ..."

I meant if they come back with a hung jury, or a conviction that gets overturned on appeal, can the DA up the charges?

Will the jury go home tonight.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
If I were a juror, I would want to go home and sleep on it. The trial has been exhausting for them, too, especially for their minds which have been subjected to all this new, unusual information. Serving on a jury for a case like this is something like taking a crash course on a college topic; it stretches the intellect to learn about blood spatter, read an autopsy, imagine what happened, etc. and all in the context of an adversarial system where participants try to sway you one way and then the other.

[FONT=&quot]Jury sends note, asking for specific pictures of [/FONT]#JasonCorbett[FONT=&quot] after death, Molly's written testimony, and other evidence
cc AlexRose[/FONT]

I'm a newcomer to this site, so I just wanted to thank all the posters who have shared their opinions on this case, one that I've followed since the 15th August, 2015. It's been a privilege to witness.

I'm also particularly impressed with the work of the prosecution after closing arguments and rebuttal (if that the correct term) today. The put their heart an soul into their work from what I saw in the tweets from @AlexRoseNews. Sincere compliments to US and particularly NC justice, whatever the result.

AND it looks like the jury are taking their work equally seriously, which is as it should be IMO:
@AlexRoseNews 6m6 minutes ago
Jury sends note, asking for specific pictures of #JasonCorbett after death, Molly's written testimony, and other evidence. #CorbettTrial

No they can only retry the original or lesser charges
Thanks. I was trying to respond and I could only imagine entirely new evidence would have to be located or developed, and that with a mistrial or vacated verdict in the background. I cannot really imagine it.

[FONT=&quot]Jury requested to see Molly and Tom's recorded interviews with Davidson County Sheriffs. They were NOT submitted as evidence, request denied
cc AlexRose
!!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jury back in courtroom to clarify requests. Include different pictures of bedroom (crime scene)
ccAlexRose[/FONT]

[video=twitter;895019789302845441]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/895019789302845441[/video]

Thanks. I was trying to respond and I could only imagine entirely new evidence would have to be located or developed, and that with a mistrial or vacated verdict in the background. I cannot really imagine it.
Once a trial starts charges can not be increased in severity unless the Judge dismisses the charges without prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harrymorgan