GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an American and a NC resident, I am proud of my State, they gave all they had to bring Justice to Jason, Jack, Sarah and all of Jason's loved ones. Please Jury, listen to Jason's voice.

I agree, mom! The prosecution did everything they could.

Once a trial starts charges can not be increased in severity unless the Judge dismisses the charges without prejudice.

How does it reason? asking the jury to consider the crime as being committed in concert but then, evaluating separate guilt? if you don't mind my asking?

How does it reason? asking the jury to consider the crime as being committed in concert but then, evaluating separate guilt? if you don't mind my asking?

'Acting in concert just means that both parties are charged with in this case murder 2 even though only one of them actually landed the fatal blow and legally they can both be convicted of murder 2 because they "acted in concert"

[video=twitter;895019789302845441]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/895019789302845441[/video]

This looks like good news for those who feel MM is the real victim. Someone on jury bought that defense argument.

Would need to see the exact wording of the law itself from statute book.
My brain fried by it as well

[video=twitter;895024025348341760]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/895024025348341760[/video]

Judge says he is not trying to keep the jury in past five. We will most likely resume tomorrow morning. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett

[FONT=&quot]Jury requested to see Molly and Tom's recorded interviews with Davidson County Sheriffs. They were NOT submitted as evidence, request denied
cc AlexRose
!!!![/FONT]
I'm feeling nervous on reading this

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I think it's out of the picture now. The Jury can only make a verdict on what was brought into evidence.
This looks like good news for those who feel MM is the real victim. Someone on jury bought that defense argument.

That was a real dirty trick on the part of the defense. If the interview video had any exculpatory value they would have entered it into evidence very first thing. They could have put it into evidence just as easily as the prosecution.

I think it's out of the picture now. The Jury can only make a verdict on what was brought into evidence.
One of the reasons she didn't testify. The mystery of it all. Makes them question these interviews. Suspect its the effect the defense wanted

'Acting in concert just means that both parties are charged with in this case murder 2 even though only one of them actually landed the fatal blow and legally they can both be convicted of murder 2 because they "acted in concert"

Do I get this? Even if Molly didn't want him dead but her Dad decided he had to kill him, and did so with malice, then she has to be convicted of 2nd degree as well?

That was a real dirty trick on the part of the defense. If the interview video had any exculpatory value they would have entered it into evidence very first thing. They could have put it into evidence just as easily as the prosecution.
Gives her something to whine about to supporters if convicted, I was innocent but they didn't hear my tapes ...And they will fall hook line and sinker.

It's the Corbetts I feel for.

Alex Rose @AlexRoseNews

The burden of proof is on the state. The defense doesn't have to do anything if they don't want to. #CorbettTrial

3:46 PM · Aug 8, 2017

I'm feeling nervous on reading this

Those of us here who want justice for Jason should be nervous. DV is such a potent emotional issue...as we have seen on MM's social media...that the merest mention of it...makes you a Sister Survivor. Then everything good and lovely about TM and MM is accepted without question. Love and sympathy pours onto them. Jason is the bully, the husband or boyfriend that hurt them...the savage hulk. These are good people...they just see the accusation of DV and that's all they need.

Jason just can't be the good man that Limerick prays for tonight.He can't be because...she SAYS DV.

Sigh.

It's there on social media. The autopsy was waved away...like a insignifant fairy tale. Molly is the DV victim. Why is she even on trial, they said.

Sigh.

Everyone brings there own history to these cases.

Hopefully the jury will see it this way too.

Would need to see the exact wording of the law itself from statute book.
My brain fried by it as well

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 4-1-----------------------------202.10 ACTING IN CONCERT.
For a defendant to be guilty of a crime, it is not necessary that thedefendant do all of the acts necessary to constitute the crime.1 If two ormore persons join in a common purpose2 to commit (name crime), each ofthem, if actually or constructively present,3 is guilty of the crime (and alsoguilty of any other crime committed by the other in pursuance of thecommon purpose to commit (name crime), or as a natural or probableconsequence thereof.4)5

https://www.sog.unc.edu/sites/www.sog.unc.edu/files/pji-master/criminal/202.10.pdf

She cashed in on his death. If she gave it or a large part to DV groups then fine, but this was about the money and lifestyle she felt her Irish man could not provide. America is the land of milk and honey, and she just wanted both. Daddy was willing to sacrifice his freedom for her. R.I.P. Young man. Children without a Daddy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was my first thought, too, but then I realized that since MM did not testify, the jury is really just seeking to hear her and see her. They know nothing about MM, have never seen her in action so to speak. I think they wanted to judge her demeanor. If MM goes to hung jury, then I think the prosecution would push to enter the tape in a retrial. I hope the jury realizes that the defense had possession of the videotape and could have presented it themselves! Maybe after they sleep, some juror will realize that from their general knowledge that ALL prosecution evidence is shared with the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx