GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking outside St John’s Cathedral, Mr Corbett’s 76-year-old mother, Rita, said: “It’s been a nightmare. No one could understand this, unless they’ve lost their own children.”

“It’s heartbreaking. It’s hard to pick yourself up again, I can tell you.”

Mrs Corbett said she and her husband were “hoping for justice, that’s it”.

She said she hoped her family could “grieve in comfort” once the trial ended.

“We’ll never move on, to be honest, never, never.”

The grandmother described as “too horrible” her son’s killing, as well as the gruesome details surrounding his death, which were heard during evidence at the trial in Lexington.

“It was like a nightmare,” she added.

Was at mass church was packed to capacity and we were all there for one reason to show our solidarity to Jason's family . The choir was powerful a beautiful tribute to Jason's life and his family we all stood for a standing ovation at the end claps filled the building Jason was loved and Jason's life mattered.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...oping-for-end-to-horrible-nightmare-1.3180811

And I've never said this before because it brings you there but I'm saying it for Jason corbett
If you have felt a fist to your cheek, pulled around by your hair, hands on your throat, weight bearing down, grip on your arm, speed of a fall, broken bones, telling lies, covering up, insults, insinuations, blame, shame.

YOU THEN SPEAK WITH EXPERIENCE AND ARE CONFIDENT IN KNOWING A VICTIM WHEN ONE IS CLOSE.

SHES not imo. And I for one wish there were more Jason Corbetts in the world.

Ok definately rant over now or harmony will be chasing me with a TO [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

As someone who has only had a fleeting experience of DV, I'd like to acknowledge what you say. I was lucky, I got out early...
I do have life-long and continuing experience of manipulators though, and I can spot them at 100 paces as a rule.
My opinion - MM is one. Not one of the stupid ones that you spot immediately, but one of the more adroit ones. The you don't see coming until you realise that, for example, your conversation with her has been twisted and recounted to others as a grotesque distortion, with just enough of a deformed grain of truth for it to be believed.

All JMO of course

God love his parents. Elderly and broken-hearted. My heart goes out to them and his children in particular.

I only knew one person who suffered DV. She said the moment she heard about the "fat shaming" in front of their friends that there was no DV on JC's part as if so she wouldn't do that in public as she would be too scared of what he would do when they got home.
Irish Kathy that was a huge flag for me but to be honest DV leaves you often in so many cases feeling so little self worth. For example, you might be amongst friends or family and be chatting as normal and you go home and think "God I sounded stupid" or "they are so much better than me" it could be happening in this forum where posters behind their phones tonight and behind their posts is a man or woman with little confidence and even less self esteem. You feel worthless isolated, alone and hat residue is left behind for years.

The first post MM posted after Jason's death that was it for me, it was confident, it was defiant, it was cold, it was brazen it was everything a victim is not and that went on for 2 long years. You know that film and the line in it "you had me at hello" well "I had her at Hello" in that very first post.

Jmo

'That is sooo well said. Being a DV survivor leaves scars few see but we are still capable of separating our abuser from all men or women. I had a wise woman tell me something that help me. She told me that the best way to get even was to get ahead. Be a survivor not a victim. It took some time and hard work to move/ on and not wallow in the sisterhood. Unfortunately though some enjoy being the victim.

This is wise. Thank you. I'm a domestic violence survivor and in the US it's not just a surviving sisterhood, it's a support group. and necessary for awhile to survive. Life gets better. Be grateful you lived to see a better day. IMO

Irish Kathy that was a huge flag for me but to be honest DV leaves you often in so many cases feeling so little self worth. For example, you might be amongst friends or family and be chatting as normal and you go home and think "God I sounded stupid" or "they are so much better than me" it could be happening in this forum where posters behind their phones tonight and behind their posts is a man or woman with little confidence and even less self esteem. You feel worthless isolated, alone and hat residue is left behind for years.

The first post MM posted after Jason's death that was it for me, it was confident, it was defiant, it was cold, it was brazen it was everything a victim is not and that went on for 2 long years. You know that film and the line in it "you had me at hello" well "I had her at Hello" in that very first post.

Jmo

do you mind telling me what the post said?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...tions-in-jason-corbett-murder-trial-1.3180569
[h=4]FBI[/h]Mr Martin turned his attention toward Mr Freedman’s closing statement. Acknowledging the attempts by the defence to highlight the nature of his work, he spoke briefly of Mr Martens’s work experience.
“Mr Martens, thank you for your service,” Mr Martin said. “Now let’s get back to the case.”
Directing his comments to the jury, he said Mr Martens was no longer an FBI agent. Instead, he explained, the state would suggest he murdered a man.
“Now the enemy isn’t Russia, the Chinese or North Korea,” Mr Martin said. “The enemy, when you cave a man’s skull in, is justice.”

I thought this was very creative

Poor Jason unfortunately doesn't get to see another day his abuser still walks free hopefully not for long . Domestic Violence usually starts verbally .Remember no evidence or history of abuse that we were all promised just a cold barren story much like Molly herself IMO

do you mind telling me what the post said?
I'd love to truly but I can't link it because she deleted the ones that sounded like they were typed with a temper or that made her seem like a crazy lady so if I posted it now it would be hearsay.

But if you look back through her posts the few that are left stand back and as a genuine DV survivor hear each one and apply them to the classic emotions and symptoms of DV. And I ask you to do that sincerely. They aren't as bad as the early ones in the aftermath or the late night ones that say for instance someone possibly might write inhebreated and then possibly delete but they are similar the tone is there if you look past your sympathy for other victims

Just my opinions

Mr Corbett's sister Marilyn said is it heartbreaking and no one has said 'sorry' to her parents since her brother was killed.
The one thing that is grating on my mind is that my parents lost their son and not one single member of the Martens family has muttered the words, 'I am sorry for the loss of your son'," said Marilyn Corbett.
"Not publicly, not privately. Not a letter, not a phone call.
"It is heart-breaking to see the lack of respect they had for him and my parents.
"It is hard to comprehend that someone can act that way. It is cold, it is calculated and it is heartless and those are mild words compared to what they (the Martens) actually are. There is no integrity there." In their eyes, we are nothing at all. They have destroyed our family's lives," she added

Two days before he was killed, Mr Corbett left a social function in the US early after he became upset and annoyed at his wife jeering him about his weight.
"They were out having dinner with some friends on the Friday before he died when Molly started fat-shaming him," said the family friend.
"Jason always took it to heart and it upset him. He left Molly there that night and went home on his own. He was mortified. She used to always call him 'fat *advertiser censored*' and he never liked it."

No Dv victim would ever ever dare say anything like this to their alleged abuser . Never in a million years . Molly isn't a victim and Tom isn't a victim. The only victims in this is Jason and Jason's family and friends

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.ind...ack-of-apology-from-the-martens-34348383.html

Martin said Martens and Molly Corbett “beat the skin off his skull.” He added that they didn’t just kill Jason Corbett – “they overkilled him.”
“They turned it into something that looks like a bad humpty dumpty cartoon,” Martin said.
Throughout his statement, Martin banged the bat and brick against the prosecution’s table to demonstrate the force of impact from both objects.
The prosecutor reminded the jury that at least four of the impacts were while Jason Corbett was unconscious.

“How much force does it take to split flesh all the way to the skull?” Martin asked as he banged a baseball bat against a table.
Martin later said that it took “I-hate-you force.”
The prosecutor then recounted the testimony of James, and discussed the blood spatters. At one point, Martin had Greg Brown, a fellow prosecutor, lie face down on the ground to re-enact how Martens and Molly Corbett stood over Jason Corbett while they allegedly hit him.

<modsnip>

http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170808/lawyers-complete-closing-arguments-in-corbett-case

Jmo

Was just working to include all the TM testimony that had me convinced of his guilt using the same... TM had me at his...

Lost in process..

We have spent 2 yrs discussing it here. uncovered and explored so much..
None of it was relevant to the way they conducted this trial.
I dont understand process and as outcome will come from process...

I believe the murder was pre-meditated, I believe its possible TM and JC had a fisticiff earlier- broken nose may have occurred then.
I believe there were many motives, much malice and the case should have been tried as Murder1.
I believe they will appeal and will drag it out for years.
I sincerely hope I am completely wrong.

Agree 100% kitty. I think a lot of defense case was covering possible appeal avenues.

The prosecution did an absolutely fantastic job. I just hope the Jury see things for what they are. Thanks for the extracts Stephan.

Martin said Martens and Molly Corbett &#8220;beat the skin off his skull.&#8221; He added that they didn&#8217;t just kill Jason Corbett &#8211; &#8220;they overkilled him.&#8221;
&#8220;They turned it into something that looks like a bad humpty dumpty cartoon,&#8221; Martin said.
Throughout his statement, Martin banged the bat and brick against the prosecution&#8217;s table to demonstrate the force of impact from both objects.
The prosecutor reminded the jury that at least four of the impacts were while Jason Corbett was unconscious.

&#8220;How much force does it take to split flesh all the way to the skull?&#8221; Martin asked as he banged a baseball bat against a table.
Martin later said that it took &#8220;I-hate-you force.&#8221;
The prosecutor then recounted the testimony of James, and discussed the blood spatters. At one point, Martin had Greg Brown, a fellow prosecutor, lie face down on the ground to re-enact how Martens and Molly Corbett stood over Jason Corbett while they allegedly hit him.

<modsnip>
http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170808/lawyers-complete-closing-arguments-in-corbett-case

Well said thinking of the Corbett family tonight

Moo

Was just working to include all the TM testimony that had me convinced of his guilt using the same... TM had me at his...

Just to prove it. Here is what I had thus far. Only got to #1.

Initially, was only going give one instance in which I would imagine replying to TM about his testimony mimicking the Jerry Maguire movie quote “You had me at hello” when TM had convinced me of his murderous guilt and intent. But HELLOOO! TM gave too many testimonial confessions to only include just one! And have to include my response to seeing the bloody bedroom door with bloody fingers prints. So here we go…..

TM, you had me at…

1. Your confession that “I closed the door. I don’t know why, but I know that I did.” (Hope the jury knows why). When I saw the bloody bedroom door with bloody finger prints immediately saw Jason trying desperately to flee, desperately trying to escape your merciless, murderous rampage. (I know why you did what you did when you closed the door.)

He said he saw Mr Corbett with his “hands around Molly’s neck”. He continued: “As I’m entering the door, they’re to the right. I closed the door. I don’t know why, but I know that I did.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...e-thomas-martens-tells-murder-trial-1.3177193

As an American and a NC resident, I am proud of my State, they gave all they had to bring Justice to Jason, Jack, Sarah and all of Jason's loved ones. Please Jury, listen to Jason's voice.

Yes indeed this Irishwoman is in awe!! That closing was riveting. #JusticeforJason and peace for his family.

Actually, it probably contains elements of both good and bad for both sides; but I'm also thinking she plays pretty well to the camera, and you have to believe she speaks of the children, her family, her home, things he did to her that made her cry and perhaps the children backed up.... I cant help but think the jury wants to see it before they can find her guilty. I have to admit I would want to see it. and wonder about what she might have said to the neighbor when she was there waiting for 90 minutes. Don't know if that's grounds for a mistrial or what, but this thing just grew some more media legs. IMO
I think the personal recordings recorded at police station immediately after TM and MM had been separated would have been paramount. To have fresh data to analyze and then compare to the 2nd defendants statements looking for inconsistencies That is the major reason they usually immediately separate witnesses to compare stories. If I were a juror, and maintaining burden is on the state, I would greatly wonder if the state was hiding something from me...or if the 2 statements matched in great detail. I would ask my fellow jurors to discuss their opinions with me

I think the personal recordings recorded at police station immediately after TM and MM had been separated would have been paramount. To have fresh data to analyze and then compare to the 2nd defendants statements looking for inconsistencies That is the major reason they usually immediately separate witnesses to compare stories. If I were a juror, and maintaining burden is on the state, I would greatly wonder if the state was hiding something from me...or if the 2 statements matched in great detail. I would ask my fellow jurors to discuss their opinions with me

If I was a fellow juror, I would also be asking myself & other jurors why the defence harped on about this not being introduced rather then introducing it themselves if they believed it so relevant.

If I was a fellow juror, I would also be asking myself & other jurors why the defence harped on about this not being introduced rather then introducing it themselves if they believed it so relevant.

put her on stand to prove relevance.. they did not.
she is unstable.
is reason.
would she do it again if freed?

Is it a new skill in her vast armoire?
would he?

I think both would do it again.
No remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online