GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
put her on stand to prove relevance.. they did not.
she is unstable.
is reason.
would she do it again if freed?

Is it a new skill in her vast armoire?
would he?

I think both would do it again.
No remorse.

Agree. No matter the verdict, wonder if TM, MM & SM might have been better served by at least saying I am sorry.

I think the personal recordings recorded at police station immediately after TM and MM had been separated would have been paramount. To have fresh data to analyze and then compare to the 2nd defendants statements looking for inconsistencies That is the major reason they usually immediately separate witnesses to compare stories. If I were a juror, and maintaining burden is on the state, I would greatly wonder if the state was hiding something from me...or if the 2 statements matched in great detail. I would ask my fellow jurors to discuss their opinions with me

Would Jason have one less crushing blow to his skull, if they saw those videos? Would his layered fractures, his broken nose, his fractured left hand, the imprints of that brick...all have looked less sinister if they could hear her teary baby voice, feeling so sorry for her sore neck?

What could possibly be on there that would justify the overkill? What could MM possibly say when the blood spatter is down near the floorboards and one can see his head smear sinking to the floor?

What words can she tell them that make that okay?

How many tears till, they say...oh okay.

If she had something to say...she could testify, but then she would be cross examnined. She wanted it HER way. Just HER way. No chance for anyone to counter her on behalf of the man she mercilessly battered.

Would Jason have one less crushing blow to his skull, if they saw those videos? Would his layered fractures, his broken nose, his fractured left hand, the imprints of that brick...all have looked less sinister if they could hear her teary baby voice, feeling so sorry for her sore neck?

What could possibly be on there that would justify the overkill? What could MM possibly say when the blood spatter is down near the floorboards and one can see his head smear sinking to the floor?

If she had something to say...she could testify, but then she would be cross examnined. She wanted it HER way. Just HER way. No chance for anyone to counter her on behalf of the man she mercilessly battered.

Oh my!
Those are strong statements
And utterly, utterly valid

IMO

Excellent read, So on point Mary...
I dont understand the thought stated previously by daletray that the prosecution might have something to hide, not putting the tapes into evidence...They are doing their job, they were called to the house saw the slaughtered body of Jason, the bloodbath, three people in the room one dead two there with no injuries, they investigated for five solid months, got enough proof and evidence to charge the Martens with Murderer..They dont need to hide things, this wasnt personal to them, they are not making up stories..THEY HAVE DONE A BRILLIANT JOB..

You know, the more I think about the jury asking about those tape now, right at the beginning, is actually a good thing. The defence implanted that thought in their heads, it was bound to be discussed. It is only natural for them to ask to see them, if they could. For the very least, to actually hear MM say something. It is also good IMO that this was asked for on the very first day and not too long before they went home. Time to think about the matter. The fact that the defence could have introduced them themselves will not go over their heads. As Stmarysmead quite correctly points out, what would this actually change.

I was abused for over 10 years during my childhood, and also a DV victim for 11 years by my ex-husband. Thankfully I have been a survivor for decades and the nightmares I lived for years no longer haunt me since I have been married to my wonderful soulmate for 33 years now. Nothing erases emotional scars like an abundance of overwhelming genuine love.

I don't think there is anything that makes me more irate than when an actual abuser pretends to be the victim when they have murdered the victim they had abused. Abusers always make themselves into victims instead of the one who they victimize. That is why many abusers even blame the beatings on the victims instead of themselves. They are never at fault for anything and she is no different.

Someone said that there is no way a real abuse victim would publicly shame their supposed abuser and they are 1000% right. Abuse victims do everything in their power to calm the 'beast' and walk on egg shells trying to stay in the good graces of the abuser. That is what REAL abuse victims do and not fat shame/humiliate them, and demean them in public. Shaming, humiliating, and demeaning others is what an abuser does to their victim. Imo, MM had been an abuser for quite awhile before she, and her dad murdered her victim. I don't see how JC tolerated her self centered attitude and downright cruelty she did to him. It showed she loved to deeply wound him emotionally as if it was some sick twisted game she liked to play because she knew he would never retaliate against her violently. IMO

While I have been badly bruised with even bones broken and had a blood clot on my brain/ruptured eardrum/badly bruised spleen and broken ribs caused by my ex that landed me in the ICU for three weeks the emotional scars no one could see ran much deeper and so much harder to overcome. As a survivor my heartbreaks for Jason.

Abusers target those they feel will put up with the abuse and who they think will not fight back. The victim is often easy going just like Jason. As an abuser she tried to control him by convincing him he had little value. Imo, she didn't blink an eye when she and her father horrifically attacked and purposefully murdered an innocent unsuspecting man. They both ganged up on him like rabid dogs. They both wanted him dead, and they wanted him to know who was taking his life from him, imo.

I pray for full justice and that can only come if his wife is convicted of M2 along with the one she conspired with to murder Jason.

I hope like hell this wont be another criminal trial where a female was so totally guilty yet wasn't treated the same as male defendants are who do same like crimes. That would be a travesty and a dark day for our justice system.

The thing I would really think is odd if I were on the jury is why did she have a brick already in their bedroom. She is nothing but a liar just like her co-conspirator. They both are most likely raging narcissists and cold as stone.

imo

It does sound like it was a mistake by the prosecution not to submit the video interview as evidence. The only reasonable conclusion you could take is that her statement doesn't deviate from the written one. In any trial, a consistent witness is much more believable right?.

However, I believe in the end it won't matter, it comes down to simple proven facts. She lifted a brick in anger multiple times against JC(exactly when we do not know)Standing over him as the fatal/vicious blows were dealt. She could have stopped her father, she could have stopped herself, but didn't. These are simple proven facts. Think about being in that situation standing over your unconscious partner/brother/son... It is monstrous!
To me TM will be found guilty, and it is highly likely MM will be guilty also.. But I guess you never know with a Jury. Its hard to see them being acquitted, it would just not be right.

I

The thing I would really think is odd if I were on the jury is why did she have a brick already in their bedroom. She is nothing but a liar just like her co-conspirator. They both are most likely raging narcissists and cold as stone.

imo

I wonder if this was answered in her statement. I'd love to read that.
<modsnip> It is still very strange to have it in the bedroom. I have done a fair bit of work in my garden at home, but never once did it occur to me to lug a brick up to the bedroom to sleep with at night. But then again murdering and assaulting aren't exactly on my list of favourite past-times.

I think the personal recordings recorded at police station immediately after TM and MM had been separated would have been paramount. To have fresh data to analyze and then compare to the 2nd defendants statements looking for inconsistencies That is the major reason they usually immediately separate witnesses to compare stories. If I were a juror, and maintaining burden is on the state, I would greatly wonder if the state was hiding something from me...or if the 2 statements matched in great detail. I would ask my fellow jurors to discuss their opinions with me

There is a very good likelihood there are jurors who have been jurors before this trial. I have been a juror five times during my adult life and I am very aware that the defense gets all discovery including any video taped interviews before every trial and they can introduce them in their CIC just as easily as the state can do.

I don't think they are hiding anything. If they were truly hiding something the defense would have jumped all over the video and introduced it themselves.

The other evidence provided in this case is overwhelming pointing to guilt of both defendants. I think the jury will concentrate on that as they settle down to deliberate.

The defense in this case seems much like others. They don't want the jury to concentrate on the mountain of evidence they have and instead concentrate on what wasn't entered. This same strategy happens a lot in other cases. Its a common diversionary tactic defense attorneys often use.

JMO

It's interesting that the defense didn't seem to try the "razzle dazzle" technique that worked with OJ and Casey Anthony - with DV being such an emotive issue, they could have got some expert witnesses up there to talk about embattled women and protective families etc. The lack of razzle dazzle means the jury aren't being diverted so much from what actually happened.
While I always thought Molly had pre-meditated the murder and brought her parents in, I saw them more as puppets who had to observe the drama and step in to save her. Only to find out later that the medical evidence didn't fit the story they were sold. I visualized TM walking in to see MC covered in blood and rushing to save her without thinking, only to find out later that it wasn't her blood.
But now I think the defense was just working really hard to keep premeditation off the table so they had to stick with this simple improbable story that Jason kept a tight grip around Molly's neck for half an hour while being hit by two weapons, with injuries all over his body including 12 blows to the skull - and not one of these blows deflected to Molly.
The pre-trial PR campaign was beneficial to TM and MC in one sense that it showed them what stories wouldn't work - the sob story about how she was the "real" mother gave her motive because Jason was going to leave her; the DV story had to be handled very carefully because why would her parents stay in the house rather than telling her to leave with them - plus there was the point that Jason was on the verge of leaving her anyway.
It's easy to see Molly's motivation - she wanted the children, the money, the status of being Mrs MC without the annoyance of a husband. And like a lot of single-minded narcissistic people, she took the direct route and eliminated the person who was cluttering her lifestyle. It's more difficult to see TM and SM's motivation - that they would actually sit down and agree to this beforehand. TM with his legal background and FBI training should have known better, even if his emotions got the better of him. If he planned this, he is colder and more evil than MMC because he doesn't even have the excuse that his desires made him irrational. His desire was quite rational - keep his daughter occupied with her "toys" (someone else's children) and financially independent. But I can't quite believe he planned it in advance, because he would/ should have known their story would not be accepted at face value, so he would have known the legal battle would have drained them, even if they won.

I wonder if this was answered in her statement. I'd love to read that.
<modsnip> It is still very strange to have it in the bedroom. I have done a fair bit of work in my garden at home, but never once did it occur to me to lug a brick up to the bedroom to sleep with at night. But then again murdering and assaulting aren't exactly on my list of favourite past-times.
There was no evidence at all that they still shared a bedroom.
There is a presumption.
Crime scene photos described by trial attendees in fact stated that bed looked as though it had only a single occupant.

Now think about the landscaping rock..
How did it get there?

It was brought there.

Divorces are messy and people do crazy things, but planting rocks in eachothers' bedrooms is extremely daft, iMHO

Even if a juror wanted those interviews because they had doubt I do not see anyway this comes back not guilty in the end. Possibly a mistrial if there is some tender heart on there, but no way do I see a not guilty.
What I am trying to understand is even if JC was abusive(I don't believe) why didn't they take MM and leave that day? Why no reports? Why not a retraining order? Nah, let's just go golfing with the supposed abuser we hate so much the next day. And let's say we ignore all that, how is JC going to keep her in a chokehold that long and still fend off TM and MM never gets whacked in all that struggle while in JC's grasp? And at what point is it overkill? Say JC was just out of his mind with rage, at what point is it enough and it is just overkill? No way do all 12 jurors buy this story MM is trying to sell. She can be found guilty now or at a retrial, but I just do not see how the jurors ignore all the signs that point to this being murder(premeditated imo).

I was abused for over 10 years during my childhood, and also a DV victim for 11 years by my ex-husband. Thankfully I have been a survivor for decades and the nightmares I lived for years no longer haunt me since I have been married to my wonderful soulmate for 33 years now. Nothing erases emotional scars like an abundance of overwhelming genuine love.

I don't think there is anything that makes me more irate than when an actual abuser pretends to be the victim when they have murdered the victim they had abused. Abusers always make themselves into victims instead of the one who they victimize. That is why many abusers even blame the beatings on the victims instead of themselves. They are never at fault for anything and she is no different.

Someone said that there is no way a real abuse victim would publicly shame their supposed abuser and they are 1000% right. Abuse victims do everything in their power to calm the 'beast' and walk on egg shells trying to stay in the good graces of the abuser. That is what REAL abuse victims do and not fat shame/humiliate them, and demean them in public. Shaming, humiliating, and demeaning others is what an abuser does to their victim. Imo, MM had been an abuser for quite awhile before she, and her dad murdered her victim. I don't see how JC tolerated her self centered attitude and downright cruelty she did to him. It showed she loved to deeply wound him emotionally as if it was some sick twisted game she liked to play because she knew he would never retaliate against her violently. IMO

While I have been badly bruised with even bones broken and had a blood clot on my brain/ruptured eardrum/badly bruised spleen and broken ribs caused by my ex that landed me in the ICU for three weeks the emotional scars no one could see ran much deeper and so much harder to overcome. As a survivor my heartbreaks for Jason.

Abusers target those they feel will put up with the abuse and who they think will not fight back. The victim is often easy going just like Jason. As an abuser she tried to control him by convincing him he had little value. Imo, she didn't blink an eye when she and her father horrifically attacked and purposefully murdered an innocent unsuspecting man. They both ganged up on him like rabid dogs. They both wanted him dead, and they wanted him to know who was taking his life from him, imo.

I pray for full justice and that can only come if his wife is convicted of M2 along with the one she conspired with to murder Jason.

I hope like hell this wont be another criminal trial where a female was so totally guilty yet wasn't treated the same as male defendants are who do same like crimes. That would be a travesty and a dark day for our justice system.

imo

Dear oceanblueeyes,

I am so sorry for the abuse you suffered. You truly are a survivor! You nailed it and did with honesty, heart-felt emotion, and empathy!!! Thank you for honest, heart felt response. I am in awe of you! My heart breaks that you and Jason suffered from raging narcissists. Pray that you find nothing but overwhelming genuine love forever! Take care and know that your witness, means more than you can ever know to those who might be experiencing the same torture but still can't speak out of fear. God bless you and Jason.

While I always thought Molly had pre-meditated the murder and brought her parents in, I saw them more as puppets who had to observe the drama and step in to save her. Only to find out later that the medical evidence didn't fit the story they were sold. I visualized TM walking in to see MC covered in blood and rushing to save her without thinking, only to find out later that it wasn't her blood.
But now I think the defense was just working really hard to keep premeditation off the table so they had to stick with this simple improbable story that Jason kept a tight grip around Molly's neck for half an hour while being hit by two weapons, with injuries all over his body including 12 blows to the skull - and not one of these blows deflected to Molly.
...RSBM...
I tried to consider it that MM was telling her parents some tales and drew the unwitting TM into her plot. But then I recall that TM brought the bat with him from his own home, kept the weapon in the room where he was sleeping (ut could have been left in their car overnight), and took it with him to invesigate noises - and I kept circling back to MM and TM planned this together and I even bet SM knew all about it, too. I do not believe there was any argument between MM and JC but rather JC was a asleep and she bashed him while he was in the bed. Of course JC got up and tried to control the wife who assaulted him with a stepping stone, so she screamed which was the preplanned signal for TM to rush in with his bat. TM then claims JC was choking MM. I posted before that there is enough for me to find them both guilty of 1st degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder because of this orchestration and the duration and one-sidedness of the attack, but I am satisfied with their legal judgment to charge it as 2nd degree.

There was no evidence at all that they still shared a bedroom.
There is a presumption.
Crime scene photos described by trial attendees in fact stated that bed looked as though it had only a single occupant.

Now think about the landscaping rock..
How did it get there?

It was brought there.

Divorces are messy and people do crazy things, but planting rocks in eachothers' bedrooms is extremely daft, iMHO
Photos I witnessed in the master bedroom only showed a single pillows on the bed, maybe two. My memory is my perception. One bed side table was used. Photos show a lamp, red iPhone, photos of J and S. the other was empty. Not a lamp, photo or phone.

I'd love to truly but I can't link it because she deleted the ones that sounded like they were typed with a temper or that made her seem like a crazy lady so if I posted it now it would be hearsay.

But if you look back through her posts the few that are left stand back and as a genuine DV survivor hear each one and apply them to the classic emotions and symptoms of DV. And I ask you to do that sincerely. They aren't as bad as the early ones in the aftermath or the late night ones that say for instance someone possibly might write inhebreated and then possibly delete but they are similar the tone is there if you look past your sympathy for other victims

Just my opinions

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

One thing about DV is its easy recognize when you see it, and it hard to fake which is why I would like to see what MM has to say in that sheriff interview and then I might get a better sense of whether or not she is telling the truth. But I have to say that seeing that picture of Jason in his office touched my heart. That smile, those eyes, all of the people that support him; this tragedy is so difficult to understand. I am so sorry for your loss.

Please know something... gratitude changes everything. Count your blessings everyday and before long, you might have more than you can count. IMO

That is absolutely heartbreaking & brings tears to my eyes. I have followed along with many of you from the beginning of this case. I too, pray for justice for Jason's family & friends. I thought the rebuttal today was powerful & the prosecution did an outstanding job bringing home the brutality of Jason's murder by MM & TM. I have a question about the crime scene. What was the lighting in the bedroom like while Jason was being attacked? Somehow I'm not certain about that. I believe there will be convictions of second degree murder. Imo NC was on this from the get go, when arriving @ the crime scene & seeing the story given wasn't matching up with what was in front of their eyes. The behavior of The Marten's was unbelievable. Their utter cruelty towards Jason's family shows what kind of people they are. The fact they were going to cremate Jason before his family arrived to me was consciousness of guilt. I pray for the juror's that they are guided to the correct verdict which imo is "guilty".

After spending a few hours in court, my heart Is different. The photos showing the home changed me. In one photo there sat a Barbie doll at the bottom of the stairs. That doll will not matter in the verdict. That doll is a reminder that real children lost their father, real siblings lost their brother and a mother and father lost their son. That doll it a reminder that Jason's life mattered, was meaningful and he is missed greatly. There was no reason for him to die. No reason that his children live without him, or his mother cries for him. It was Malise, hatered, and a disregard for Jason's life. I pray Jason receives justice.

Photos I witnessed in the master bedroom only showed a single pillows on the bed, maybe two. My memory is my perception. One bed side table was used. Photos show a lamp, red iPhone, photos of J and S. the other was empty. Not a lamp, photo or phone.

This is a very significant observation.
The Trazadone also.. Recall Traz has a half life of 7 hrs.. By 3am, only a trace remained.. But what was his blood level 5 hrs beforehand? 6 hrs beforehand?
What time was his nose broken?
What time did the attack really occur?

That is absolutely heartbreaking & brings tears to my eyes. I have followed along with many of you from the beginning of this case. I too, pray for justice for Jason's family & friends. I thought the rebuttal today was powerful & the prosecution did an outstanding job bringing home the brutality of Jason's murder by MM & TM. I have a question about the crime scene. What was the lighting in the bedroom like while Jason was being attacked? Somehow I'm not certain about that. I believe there will be convictions of second degree murder. Imo NC was on this from the get go, when arriving @ the crime scene & seeing the story given wasn't matching up with what was in front of their eyes. The behavior of The Marten's was unbelievable. Their utter cruelty towards Jason's family shows what kind of people they are. The fact they were going to cremate Jason before his family arrived to me was consciousness of guilt. I pray for the juror's that they are guided to the correct verdict which imo is "guilty".
Well, if they attacked him as he slept, I suspect it was low.
Paramedics reported insufficient lighting.
We do not know whether main light was damaged in the attack, but hey, people who are awake and alert and familiar with a house layout are pretty competent attackers and able to see far more than those who have been awakened from their sleep by a crushing blow to the head.

There is no evidence bat was ever in the basement.
There is no evidenceTM told a single word of the truth in his 'testimony'

Actualy there is no evidence that Molly did not carry out the entire attack and wait a considerable time before alerting her 'rescuers'
There is no evidence that SM was not an instigator or a participant either.

Theres streamlining and theres minimalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay