MISTRIAL NC - Jonathan Ferrell, 24, fatally shot by LE, Charlotte, 14 Sep 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you have a link to "he was not hit with a taser?" The only msm I've seen says a tasing was attempted and was unsuccessful. I haven't seen anything saying why it was unsuccessful. tia :)

They have certainly been vague and used "unsuccessful" to describe the taser part of the incident. They've pretty much shut off all info at this point.

Here is one Sept 18/19 article from the AP which addresses it: http://www.wral.com/charlotte-police-chief-disputes-attorneys-claim/12901717/

thanks montjoy and boodles. So the police chief says the tasing officer missed and the DM (which has other inaccuracies as shown above) says that there was a misfire. Just trying to keep the reported "facts" clear. I'll be interested to see the autopsy result. Do tase's leave a mark? And also very interested in the dash cam video or whatever video it is that the family's lawyer has commented about. You'd think that would have been released by now unless one side or the other is trying hard to prevent that. jmo

Toxicology report confirms ex-college player wasn't drunk the night a police officer shot him TEN TIMES when he tried to get help after crashing his car

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...than-Ferrell-wasnt-drunk-police-shot-him.html

Thanks Blondie! I have been waiting for this and expected this outcome (i.e., JF was not drunk or drugged). How despicable for so many people to just assume he was drunk.

I don't know what upsets me more: the fact that Kerrick blew Jonathan away with FIVE LETHAL shots (out of EIGHT to the chest, with 2 others elsewhere), or that so many people jumped to the conclusion that Jonathan "must have deserved it."

He was just trying to get some help!! He had a cut on his head from the (NON-DRUNK DRIVING) accident.

When does Kerrick go to court? I can't find any dates since the State Attorney took the case.

Here's a direct link to the autopsy report. Be warned, it's sickening. http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wbtv/FerrellAutopsy.pdf

I wonder if they did additional tox screening mentioned in the report. Also, is the tattoo on his arm in the photos a temporary/fake? The autopsy report says he doesn't have any tatttoos. But the one in the pics would be pretty hard to miss.

I wonder if they did additional tox screening mentioned in the report. Also, is the tattoo on his arm in the photos a temporary/fake? The autopsy report says he doesn't have any tatttoos. But the one in the pics would be pretty hard to miss.

Looks like an actual tattoo to me. They must have missed it.

Thanks Blondie! I have been waiting for this and expected this outcome (i.e., JF was not drunk or drugged). How despicable for so many people to just assume he was drunk.

I don't know what upsets me more: the fact that Kerrick blew Jonathan away with FIVE LETHAL shots (out of EIGHT to the chest, with 2 others elsewhere), or that so many people jumped to the conclusion that Jonathan "must have deserved it."

He was just trying to get some help!! He had a cut on his head from the (NON-DRUNK DRIVING) accident.

When does Kerrick go to court? I can't find any dates since the State Attorney took the case.

Here's a direct link to the autopsy report. Be warned, it's sickening. http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wbtv/FerrellAutopsy.pdf

I am not sure who assumed that he must have been drunk. But it was reasonable to question if he was, considering he was, after all, involved in a single car crush.
In fact he did have alcohol in his system, but it was within legal limits. It was at 0.06. But negative effects of alcohol can already be observed at that BAC, even if it's legal to drive.

"It is suggested that a person not exceed a Blood Alcohol Content of .056, as this is the point where the positive, relaxed, euphoric effects of the alcohol are experienced. When a BAC of .056 is exceeded, the negative, depressant effects of alcohol take place."
http://oade.nd.edu/educate-yourself-alcohol/what-is-intoxication/

I just feel so sorry for this young man who escaped being killed in a car accident, only to be shot by the very people he thought would be able to help him. I cant imagine what was going through his mind at the time of seeing the Police - more likely 'things will be OK now'... :(

I am not sure who assumed that he must have been drunk. But it was reasonable to question if he was, considering he was, after all, involved in a single car crush.
In fact he did have alcohol in his system, but it was within legal limits. It was at 0.06. But negative effects of alcohol can already be observed at that BAC, even if it's legal to drive.

"It is suggested that a person not exceed a Blood Alcohol Content of .056, as this is the point where the positive, relaxed, euphoric effects of the alcohol are experienced. When a BAC of .056 is exceeded, the negative, depressant effects of alcohol take place."
http://oade.nd.edu/educate-yourself-alcohol/what-is-intoxication/

Whether some choose to believe it or not, the tox report showed he was not legally drunk. Oh but wait, they didn't screen for every single possible mind-altering substance, did they? ;)

Hey, I have a thought. He was working two jobs. I can't remember whether he was also in school seeking his graduate degree. He drove a friend home into a semi-rural area with which he was unfamiliar, at around 2am, IIRC. What if he was TIRED??? http://www.cdc.gov/Features/dsdrowsydriving/index.html

And if so, well dammit, what was he doing driving in that tired condition? How dare a tired guy crash his car out in the dark rural outskirts of Charlotte, never mind have the audacity to walk a half mile or so to the nearest house and knock on a door of a residence to get help? What nerve.

I wonder if Kerrick or McCartney were drunk or on drugs. It certainly is reasonable to ask the question based on their over-the-top behaviors. Wonder if they tox-screened those two?

From what I know about this case, I just don't see the guy calmly knocking on the door and requesting help. He had to have been acting off, he must have hit the door hard enough to set off the alarm, and she said he tried to push in the door after she opened it.
And if I even see the lights of a taser coming at me, I'm hitting the ground. I'm not saying he's at fault, but maybe because of injury or tiredness or what ever, he was not acting rational.
I don't always assume, a white citizen shoots because the victim was black. I'm interested to see the video and hear all 4 witnesses account of what happened. If the other 2 cops say, he (shooter) overacted or went too far, I'm with it.

From what I know about this case, I just don't see the guy calmly knocking on the door and requesting help. He had to have been acting off, he must have hit the door hard enough to set off the alarm, and she said he tried to push in the door after she opened it.

No one said he was calmly knocking at the door. He was seeking help after being in an accident. So was he acting "off"? Well probably. He asked her to turn off the alarm, then moved to the front yard, then left to go down the street.

McCartney clearly stated that she (willingly) opened the door to him, then saw him, then closed it. She did not say he tried to push his way in when she opened it. You're also assuming that he set off the alarm. That has not been reported. Many have speculated that she hit the panic button to set off the alarm because she assumed he was trying to break in. I have also speculated that she may have opened the door, forgetting to turn off the alarm first. Regardless, it has not been reported that he set off the alarm.

If you have sources stating what you're assuming, please share.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...lled-by-police-files-wrongful-death-suit?lite

"Family of unarmed North Carolina man killed by police files wrongful-death suit"

"The family of Jonathon Ferrell said autopsy results, showing a downward trajectory by most of the bullets, suggest that Ferrell was either on his knees or already on the ground when Officer Randall Kerrick fired most of his shots."

"They say Ferrell never posed a threat to Kerrick or the two officers who showed up with him after a woman called 911."

"Grand jury declines to indict NC cop who killed former FAMU footballer looking for help"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-former-famu-footballer-looking-for-help?lite

Thank you for posting this. This is unbelievable, but then again not for Mecklenburg County.

I am glad that the prosecutors will continue to pursue. I wish they would get a change of venue for all the legal proceedings, like to Wake county.

...autopsy results showing a downward trajectory by most of the 10 bullets — eight in the chest, one in to the left arm and one in the abdomen — suggested that Ferrell was on his knees or already on the ground when Kerrick fired.

I just have to add, this is off-the-charts outrageous! I feel physically sick. I cannot begin to imagine how Jonathan's family must feel.

I just have to add, this is off-the-charts outrageous! I feel physically sick. I cannot begin to imagine how Jonathan's family must feel.

I agree with you but, unfortunately, none of this surprises me anymore. I live in the County where 2 Fullerton cops beat Kelly Thomas to death while he pleaded for his dad and their buddies, also cops, stood and watched.

The two charged were, of course, acquitted.

There are just too many idiots out there that believe cops can do no wrong, when in reality the job attracts bullies looking for an outlet for their anger and a chance to act like they are tough guys.

I am a 59 year old white protestant female. I own property, have a responsible job and have had 2 traffic tickets in my life, both deserved and, of course like all my bills or obligations, paid on time and without complaint. I have never been arrested nor has anyone I truly cared about in my life.

I am hardly the type of person targeted by the police but I am disgused by America's ability to overlook the violence and murders committed by them because of some false sense of hero worship.

In fact, I'll just say it, I hate cops. I am sure there are exceptions, a few decent men and women who really want to "protect and serve" but not enough to matter. If there were enough than they should be leading the charge against the bullies, but instead they back them up.

Bullies are not hero's. They are bullies. Americans need to pull their heads out and start holding them responsible for their crimes.

It has become a National Disgrace

Most, not few, LE are responsible officers who work daily trying to keep order reminding citizens they have to follow the law. Unfortunately some "bad" cops don't reveal themselves until they do something that red flags them. Hopefully most are caught before it costs someone their life. jmo

We will just have to agree to disagree. I think the majority of cops are bullies with personality disorders. I believe there are exceptions, those that actually believe in protect and serve.

2nd grand jury indicts officer in shooting of ex-FAMU football player:woohoo:

--------------------------------

Attorneys for Kerrick had denounced the prosecution's move to resubmit the case as unlawful and filed a motion to block it, but CNN affiliate News 14 Carolina reported the grand jury convened Monday morning.

A grand jury last week declined to indict Kerrick. Prosecutors said afterward the grand jury was composed of less than a full panel and vowed to send the case back.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/27/us/north-carolina-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7
Back