GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think unless there is proven abuse, that's all they can do. When the school reported my husband's ex wife to CPS for abuse, they investigated and at the same time he filed ex parte. If he hadn't filed, the kids would still be w her primarily and she was recommended to participate in services. That's it. The case was closed "inconclusive w concerns".

WHY WHY WHY?? DHHS knew there was a problem in that home and they just made recommendations?!?

Shelby Star article

She was wearing the clothes he described in the 911 call.

ETA - this is a separate article from the one above. This one is about today's court proceeding.

Thanks for the Shelby Star info, Lovinlife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope this will put to rest that the mother wasn't there when her daughter was killed.

Prosecutors know Jordyn's mother, Jaylene Dumont, went to work that morning at the Whiskey Mill Bar & Grill in Bessemer City. She is not considered a suspect.

I still have some anger that she stayed in that situation and left her kids with that monster but I understand there are reasons women stay in abusive situations, not least of which is that there is evidence she was being abused by McCullen herself. I hope we can dial back the blaming of her now that she has been confirmed as not being a suspect. She is a victim and she just lost her daughter. I can't imagine how much guilt and hurt she is feeling right now. Let's have some compassion. Let's focus our anger on the man who actually killed Jordyn.

This one?

Joshua Kinnett said he called DSS three months ago asking them to check on his daughter Jordyn because he lives out of town and was concerned about her well-being.

“It just makes me angry," Kinnett said.

The father showed Channel 9's Ken Lemon a letter from Gaston County that says a social worker found "stable housing" and "good family support" at Jordyn's home.

However, multiple neighbors told investigative reporter Paul Boyd yesterday that Jordyn lived in a violent and abusive environment.

Police confirmed they've been called to the family house 49 times over the past three years.

The letter from DSS said the case was closed May 20.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/father-of-slain-3-year-old-girl-upset-at-gaston-county-dss/425098899

:mad:

ETA: I'm still looking for video.

Yes that's part of what he said in the interview I saw.

thank you. I would stab a *advertiser censored* who was beating my kids.

^ ^ this right there.
I'm very distrustful as it is, but with my kids, Lord help you if you harm a hair on them. They are CHILDREN for a reason. You are supposed to be an adult. Something happens, it's your fault. End of story.
I would have gone postal on his behind. But that's just me.

It's really frustrating to see the news media still printing her name as both Jordan and Jordyn. It's not much, but I'd like to have her thread title accurate...seems like the least we could do. On that note, have we seen any court docs or anything 'official' with her name on it?

Bumping my post for you Kay.

ChristianFlores WBTVVerified account ‏@C_FloresWBTV 1m1 minute ago
This is the arrest warrant for McCullen. It confirms the body found this morning belongs to Jordan Dumont.

9qz4sy.jpg

https://twitter.com/C_FloresWBTV

:tyou: skibaboo!

I had definitely missed that when I went searching before.

I still have some anger that she stayed in that situation and left her kids with that monster but I understand there are reasons women stay in abusive situations, not least of which is that there is evidence she was being abused by McCullen herself. I hope we can dial back the blaming of her now that she has been confirmed as not being a suspect. She is a victim and she just lost her daughter. I can't imagine how much guilt and hurt she is feeling right now. Let's have some compassion. Let's focus our anger on the man who actually killed Jordyn.

<snipped for focus>

Wholeheartedly agree! (It helps that my amateur sleuthing has been limited to Websleuths and their TOS. I can turn off mental sleuthing or else I'd be a violating mess.)

That said, I am interested to see if the autopsy narrows down time of death and also cause.

WHAT?? This sounds like a terrible environment for children! I mean, a 13 year old is on the news talking about this? What on earth? I might have to put myself in a time out. I'm getting REALLY upset. Damn.

Me, too! I pray that the 13 yr old knows this isn't normal.
I am so angry at all the adults who failed this poor baby :stormingmad:

I pray "Angel" is Josh's father, so he can get custody and get her out of the house, far away from NC. I feel nothing but sympathy for Josh loosing his daughter, Jordan, and I am still heartbroken!

I don't think it is against TOS to say her name, because I read it in the news article that he is definitely doing the DNA test.

I am sitting on my hands waiting on the autopsy of Jordan!

RIP Sweet Angel Jordan :angel:

Shelby Star article

She was wearing the clothes he described in the 911 call.

ETA - this is a separate article from the one above. This one is about today's court proceeding.

Thanks for the Shelby Star info, Lovinlife!

Thank you! The article says the DA confirmed that her body was "intact". So hopefully that rules out dismemberment. Thank goodness.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the updates, and I saw Jordyn and I share the same birthday. I'll make a donation to a children's charity in her name as my gift this year.

Thank you all for the updates, and I saw Jordyn and I share the same birthday. I'll make a donation to a children's charity in her name as my gift this year.

That is such an amazing gift to give Dockins!!!

Like a few others, I am not posting due to the rage this case has brought inside of me!

I haven't seen it mentioned, did Billy know the new baby was not his? Is it just me, or was I just assuming the new baby was Billys due to the time they have been together?

I pray "Angel" is Josh's father, so he can get custody and get her out of the house, far away from NC. I feel nothing but sympathy for Josh loosing his daughter, Jordan, and I am still heartbroken!

I don't think it is against TOS to say her name, because I read it in the news article that he is definitely doing the DNA test.

I am sitting on my hands waiting on the autopsy of Jordan!

RIP Sweet Angel Jordan :angel:
I think it's more about protecting minors. Someday she will Google herself. It would be a shame if these threads were included.

Like a few others, I am not posting due to the rage this case has brought inside of me!

I haven't seen it mentioned, did Billy know the new baby was not his? Is it just me, or was I just assuming the new baby was Billys due to the time they have been together?
I don't believe it's been proven as fact, who the younger child's father is.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back