GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[FONT=&amp]Dumont says neither social workers nor police missed clues of abuse. There was nothing out of the ordinary going on in the home.[/FONT]
"I don't feel like DSS failed. They didn't miss anything. There was nothing going on like everyone says," Dumont said.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/2...k-about-jordyn-and-man-accused-of-killing-her
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Oh really? Well, your daughter was murdered, so there's that. Then she went to see the killer in jail. The video clip of her speaking is unimpressive. God help her other child. I hope DSS isn't in charge of what happens to that child. I hope there's a solid responsible family member somewhere who takes custody.

sigh.....from your link strawberry:

"As children on bikes screamed Jordyn Dumont's name and residents scrambled to find answers to the 3-year-old's disappearance, inside the home at 1904 Bess Town Road police found clues that something sinister might have taken place."

"While much of the focus of the search for the little girl was outside the home, police investigators had seen large amounts of blood and soiled clothing inside the residence — raising their suspicions that the little girl's absence was more than just a case of a missing person."

sigh.....from your link strawberry:

"As children on bikes screamed Jordyn Dumont's name and residents scrambled to find answers to the 3-year-old's disappearance, inside the home at 1904 Bess Town Road police found clues that something sinister might have taken place."

"While much of the focus of the search for the little girl was outside the home, police investigators had seen large amounts of blood and soiled clothing inside the residence — raising their suspicions that the little girl's absence was more than just a case of a missing person."

That is so sad but it explains why they didn't bother to continue searching outside when it got dark. LE took criticism from locals for that. They knew right away she didn't just wander off. IMO, they couldn't reveal the blood earlier because they probably didn't want to spook their primary suspect into running/hiding.
RIP Jordyn. Justice is coming little girl. He won't get away with it.

That is so sad but it explains why they didn't bother to continue searching outside when it got dark. LE took criticism from locals for that. They knew right away she didn't just wander off. IMO, they couldn't reveal the blood earlier because they probably didn't want to spook their primary suspect into running/hiding.
RIP Jordyn. Justice is coming little girl. He won't get away with it.

This also supports my belief that Jordyn's mother wasn't searching for her because the police already suspected it was too late and they were getting as much information as they could from her mother. So sad.

This is from a local newscaster. https://www.facebook.com/MorganFogarty1

I just got off the phone with Gaston Co. District Attorney Locke Bell. Since Mr. Bell requested and obtained the gag order that is now in place for Gaston Co. DSS, the Gaston Co. Police Dept., and the SBI, I called him to see if he could provide me with a statement about the resignation of the Gaston Co. DSS social worker 'primarily associated' with #JordynDumont's case.
Bell's first response:
Laughter.
Then: "I wouldn't recognize (the social worker) if I saw them."
I asked, "The social worker 'primarily associated' with the case of a now-murdered child is not significant to the investigation?"
Bell laughed, again.
And then he said, "I have no idea about anything."

:facepalm:

I just got off the phone with Gaston Co. District Attorney Locke Bell. Since Mr. Bell requested and obtained the gag order that is now in place for Gaston Co. DSS, the Gaston Co. Police Dept., and the SBI, I called him to see if he could provide me with a statement about the resignation of the Gaston Co. DSS social worker 'primarily associated' with #JordynDumont's case.
Bell's first response:
Laughter.
I asked, "The social worker 'primarily associated' with the case of a now-murdered child is not significant to the investigation?"
Bell laughed, again.

Wow. How incredibly professional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bell's first response:
Laughter.
Bell laughed, again.

WTF - this is the DA? I guess his last line says it all. What a jacka$$.

Wow. How incredibly professional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guess he lost his no comment flashcard?

But I do agree with his decision to obtain a gag order. He has to prosecute this case, and needs to protect the investigation.

GASTONIA, N.C. – Jordyn Dumont’s father made it just in time to this city council meeting. His flight into town was delayed. But, he only needed enough time to say a few words, to bring the room to a standstill. “My name is Joshua Kinnett and I’m the father of Jordyn.”
The proclamation means this to Kinnett family friend, Cindy Ellis: “Somebody’s listening. We’re not having shut doors.”

After, Jordyn’s father signed a petition demanding the partners of adults who abuse or neglect kids also be held responsible. Everything at this meeting, small steps. Gastonia resident Jackie Figueroa said, “It’s not enough. There’s a lot more that needs to be done instead of just that.”

Jordyn’s mother was not present at the declaration signing.
http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2016/09/30/jordyn-dumont-proclamation-gastonia/

The gag order has been expanded.

An in-depth update by WCCB TV's Morgan Fogarty: https://www.facebook.com/MorganFogarty1/posts/10154584534925786

Some choice quotes:

This morning, DA Bell asked for, and received, a broader version of the gag order that's already in place.

Judge Jesse Caldwell did it quickly.

The new version of the gag order (see below) covers ALL law enforcement agencies and businesses that are contracting with those agencies.

The original gag order covered Gaston County DSS, the Gaston County Police Department and the State Bureau of Investigation.

Morgan Fogarty goes on to say she made multiple requests for the jail visitor log for Billy McCullen and has been denied and ignored.

More:
2 days ago, I sent another email to Moore and Shames, and cc'd the entire Gaston County Board of Commissioners.

Commissioner Jason Williams promptly responded and asked why no one had replied to me.

Yesterday, Moore told me Locke Bell didn't want me to get the jail visitor log and that Bell "will be seeking a protective order."

It probably won't surprise you to hear that this morning, at 10:40AM, Judge Jesse Caldwell was back from his conference, in Superior Court, issuing the new gag order that Locke Bell wanted.

I made this request for this information 13 days ago. And in the 11th hour, Bell got the gag order once he learned the Sheriff was going to give me the records.

Why does this public information need to be kept secret - especially when one jail visitor log was already given to me last month?

Much more at the link. MF's entire post is well worth clicking to read. Also at the link is a copy of Jordyn's death certificate.

Interesting. Why the secrecy re: the jail visit log? Any ideas?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Interesting. Why the secrecy re: the jail visit log? Any ideas?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

My guess is to protect Jordyn's mom who still visits him. That is just a guess, however--I don't know if she has gone to see him more than once. There were rumors she received death threats and that's why she didn't talk to the press or go to any of the public events except Jordyn's funeral. Her own words in an interview posted somewhere in this thread were something about the police advised her not to talk to the press and she took their advice (until she did that one interview). Now I can't help remember how the gag order came right after her interview. She was probably scared she might be arrested. If the DA is NOT protecting her as a witness/trying to prevent a lynch mob mentality, maybe he is looking to keep evidence sealed that might implicate her for a future arrest? Those are the only options I can guess at. IDK.

My guess is to protect Jordyn's mom who still visits him. That is just a guess, however--I don't know if she has gone to see him more than once. There were rumors she received death threats and that's why she didn't talk to the press or go to any of the public events except Jordyn's funeral. Her own words in an interview posted somewhere in this thread were something about the police advised her not to talk to the press and she took their advice (until she did that one interview). Now I can't help remember how the gag order came right after her interview. She was probably scared she might be arrested. If the DA is NOT protecting her as a witness/trying to prevent a lynch mob mentality, maybe he is looking to keep evidence sealed that might implicate her for a future arrest? Those are the only options I can guess at. IDK.

It was before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nlgal68