GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
William Joseph McCullen, who was the live-in boyfriend of Jordyn’s mother, goes on trial on a first-degree murder charge in the little girl’s death Monday. If convicted, as charged, McCullen would face a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

Trial to start for man accused of killing girlfriend's daughter

Ariel Plasencia‏Verified account @ariel_plasencia 7h7 hours ago
[JURY SELECTION]: Little Jordyn Dumont’s body was found buried near her Bessemer City home in August 2016. Her mom’s boyfriend, William McCullen, was arrested & charged w/ first-degree murder. Jury selection for murder trial begins today in Cleveland Co at 10am. @wcnc #UpWithWCNC

DiyFt5RWAAAR0jX.jpg

Brandon Goldner‏Verified account @BrandonWCNC 5h5 hours ago
Nearly two years after Jordyn Dumont’s death, jury selection for William McCullen’s murder trial begins today. The case has been moved from Gaston to Cleveland County due to the amount of media coverage devoted to it.

Brandon Goldner‏Verified account @BrandonWCNC 5h5 hours ago
For the McCullen trial, the judge is prohibiting any social media posts inside the courtroom. I’ll be providing updates when I can during recesses and live on @wcnc.

DiymBq4UEAABEgj.jpg

Brandon Goldner‏Verified account @BrandonWCNC 3h3 hours ago
UPDATE: Jury selection has now begun in the Jordyn Dumont murder trial. I’ll be live at noon on @wcnc.

(video clip Brandon Goldner on Twitter )

Bria Bell‏Verified account @BriaBellTV 2h2 hours ago
During the pre-trial hearing, the defense team for McCullen requested that no one be allowed to enter the courtroom wearing any pins, buttons, t-shirts, etc. that has Jordyn Dumont's face on it, as it could taint the jury. The judge has granted the request.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Two jurors dismissed in Jordyn Dumont trial

One juror, previously approved by each side in the case, said Tuesday she couldn’t promise to find William Joseph McCullen guilty of killing Jordyn Ann Dumont in August 2016, even if the state proves its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Another previously seated juror brought up a planned vacation for next week. Both were dismissed, and even though the sides approved two others, they couldn’t name the 12 jurors and two alternates needed to start the trial.

They’ll choose the alternates from a new pool of potential jurors Wednesday morning.​

Two jurors dismissed in Jordyn Dumont trial

One juror, previously approved by each side in the case, said Tuesday she couldn’t promise to find William Joseph McCullen guilty of killing Jordyn Ann Dumont in August 2016, even if the state proves its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Another previously seated juror brought up a planned vacation for next week. Both were dismissed, and even though the sides approved two others, they couldn’t name the 12 jurors and two alternates needed to start the trial.

They’ll choose the alternates from a new pool of potential jurors Wednesday morning.​
Thanks JusticeWillBeServed, I forgot the trial was starting!

First witness was an unnamed detective - unnamed because he is an undercover detective - who described finding Jordyn's body. His body cam recorded it and was played for the jury. LE was suspicious immediately because of large amounts of blood and evidence of drug use they found in the home.

From the second link detectives testified that the home was dirty, with strong odors of fecal matter, rotten meat and spoiled milk. The bathroom was very dirty.

Detectives saw blood on the wall in Jordyn's room. McCullen said it was either his or Jaylene's (Jordyn's mother).

One of the first thing McCullen said to LE was “I hope you find it,” meaning Jordyn's body. He also had scratches on his legs that the detective said looked like he had gone through briars.
Detective describes finding Jordyn Dumont's body
Highlights: Jordyn Dumont murder trial

During the 911 call McCullen searched the house while the dispatcher waited. He is heard calling "Jordyn. Jordyn baby, please come out."* On the second day of the search McCullen confessed.
McCullen's attorney said that still doesn't mean he is a murderer.

"The state of North Carolina is going to ask you to believe that this is cold-blooded, premeditated, thought about it, meant-to-do-it murder,” defense attorney Brent Ratchford said. “It is not. It is not first-degree murder."

Ratchford suggested that jurors should consider other charges that won't send his client to prison for the rest of his life.
JORDYN DUMONT TRIAL: Jurors hear about beginning of case of slain 3-year-old girl

More at the links. Trial continues tomorrow.

*Here's the 911 call. You can hear it, starting around 1:20. It's quiet but clear if you turn up the volume. - RAW: 911 call released in 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont case

Ken‏Verified account @kenlemonWSOC9 23m23 minutes ago
“It pissed him off” Police say 3 yo Jordyn Dumont may have been killed because of Billy McCullen’s reaction when the toddler wouldn’t take a nap or eat. Watch McCullen’s recorded confession tonight on @wsoctv
Ken (@kenlemonWSOC9) | Twitter
Vanessa Leon‏ @VanessaLeonTV
In day 2 of testimony and evidence in the murder trial of 3 year old Jordyn Dumont, jurors heard from a detective who told them William McCullen told him he lost his temper and had punched Jordyn 2-3 times in the stomach. @SpecNewsCLT
Vanessa Leon on Twitter

PHOTOS: Jordyn Dumont timeline

"Every detail of Jordyn’s story you need to know, from the day of her disappearance to William McCullen’s upcoming court trial...."

Photos: Jordyn Dumont timeline
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jurors hear how Jordyn Dumont died; McCullen ‘lost his temper’

"Facing a first-degree murder charge and after spending one night in jail, William McCullen wanted to talk to someone about 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont.

He asked Gaston County Sheriff’s Office deputies if he might speak to Detective Brian Dalton.

Dalton told jurors Thursday what he says McCullen told him.

“He punched her, two or three times in the stomach, hard,” Dalton recalled from that conversation with McCullen almost two years ago. “He said it pissed him off when she would not take a nap or wouldn’t eat.”

McCullen admitted he had struck Jordyn before that day. He’d used a drum stick to hit her feet before....

On Thursday, police told jurors how McCullen confessed to killing her...."

Jurors hear how Jordyn Dumont died; McCullen 'lost his temper'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope the jurors don't buy McCullen's boo hoo hoo crap and his self-serving statements:
"I didn't mean to kill her. I didn't.”
"I tried everything to bring her back and I couldn't. "
And the worst quote:
"I made the biggest mistake of my life and I want to die.”
JORDYN DUMONT TRIAL:'I lost my temper:' Gaston Co. man's confession of toddler's murder played in court
Losing his temper and repeatedly punching a 32 pound toddler is neither a mistake nor an accident; an adult understands the size difference and knows that if they don't stop the child will be seriously harmed or killed.

In my book any blows McCullen delivered after the first punch is premeditation. I hate this man with his slimy excuses and lies. North Carolina jurors didn't buy Jonathan Richardson's lies and his history of alcohol abuse and depression and instead sent him to Death Row for Teghan's murder so I hope logic and reason prevails in Jordyn's trial too.

ETA: I know prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty for McCullen - LWOP works just as well. I want him behind bars for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
3 year old's murder case continues in Gaston County

July 25, 2018

"GASTON COUNTY, N.C. -- After two days of jury selection, opening statements were given in the murder case of 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont.

-Opening statements were heard for the murder case of Jordyn Dumont

-The defense attorney says the incident is not a case of first-degree murder

-The child was beaten to death and found in a wooded area.

“Jordyn Dumont was 3 years old when she was beaten to death. She was 3 years old when her body was stuffed in a hole provided by a hallowed out log in the middle of the woods,” Gaston County assistant district attorney Megan Rhodan said...."

3 year old's murder case continues in Gaston County
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanessa Leon‏ @VanessaLeonTV Jul 26
In day 2 of testimony and evidence in the murder trial of 3 year old Jordyn Dumont, jurors heard from a detective who told them William McCullen told him he lost his temper and had punched Jordyn 2-3 times in the stomach. @SpecNewsCLT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken‏Verified account @kenlemonWSOC9 Jul 26
“He panicked” Det. Brian Dalton testifies that Billy McCullen claimed he killed 3 yo. #JordynDumont while playing wt. her. Dalton said McCullen changed his story when detectives said that version doesn’t explain her injuries. Jurors will hear McCullrn’s recorded confession today.

(video clip: Ken on Twitter )

Police say McCullen said after hiding #JordynDumont body he was concerned about getting a $2,000 fine for a marijuana plant at the house. He hid it and a grinder and reported the 3 yo girl missing.

“It pissed him off” Police say 3 yo Jordyn Dumont may have been killed because of Billy McCullen’s reaction when the toddler wouldn’t take a nap or eat. Watch McCullen’s recorded confession tonight on @wsoctv

(video clip: Ken on Twitter )

Brandon Goldner‏Verified account @BrandonWCNC 19h19 hours ago
"It pissed me off that she said no." Prosecutors presented video evidence today of William McCullen describing to detectives the moments leading up to Jordyn Dumont's death. Full story on what happened in court will be posted online @wcnc.

(video clip: Brandon Goldner on Twitter )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jordyn Dumont Trial Day 2: Video confession outlines brutal details of her death (with clip)

JUL 26 2018

"CLEVELAND COUNTY, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - The confession of an accused killer was played in court for jurors Thursday in the Jordyn Dumont trial.
In the video, William McCullen confesses to punching and throwing the 3-year-old girl into a chair. McCullen told investigators that he became angry at Jordan because she wouldn't eat or take a nap.

"I did not want to kill my daughter. I'm not this monster."

That's what McCullen told investigators while confessing that he intentionally injured 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont. ...

In the courtroom, McCullen watched some of the interrogation video, but at times averted his gaze. Jordyn's biological father cried in court as he heard the details of how is daughter died. "

Jordyn Dumont Trial Day 2: Video confession outlines brutal details of her death
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin Kanady‏Verified account @RobinFox46 17h17 hours ago
"I did not want to kill my daughter." -William McCullen on interrogation video, McCullen is on trial for the murder of 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont, WATCH to see why McCullen told investigators he injured Jordyn.

(video clip: Robin Kanady on Twitter )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 27, 2018

Rob Boisvert‏ @BoisvertRob 7h7 hours ago
We may know a motive in the killing of a 3-year-old Gaston Co. girl. Yesterday, a detective in the William McCullen murder trial said he at first said Jordyn Dumont hit her head during horseplay, but later admitted punching her after she wouldn't lay down for a nap.

KTC Broadcasting‏ @KTCBroadcasting 7h7 hours ago
GASTON COUNTY JURORS HEARD TESTIMONY THURSDAY FROM A GASTON COUNTY DECTECTIVE WHO SAID WILLIAM MC CULLEN CONFESSED TO HIM HOW HE KILLED THREE YEAR JORDYN DUMONT IN AUGUST OF 2016. BRIAN DALTON TOLD THE COURT... https://www.facebook.com/ktcbroadcasting/posts/1987706924608906 …
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin Kanady‏Verified account @RobinFox46 2h2 hours ago
Medical examiner testified #JordynDumont bled to death from blunt force injuries due to an assault

Robin Kanady‏Verified account @RobinFox46 2h2 hours ago
#BREAKING state of NC has rested its case in the murder trial of #JordynDumont and the defense just announced it does not plan to present any evidence

Bria Bell‏Verified account @BriaBellTV 2h2 hours ago
McCullen Trial: Prosecution has rested its case. The defense will present no evidence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heartbreaking moments in Jordyn Dumont murder trial

Jul 25, 2018

"Jurors watched a graphic video of the moments when police found Jordyn Dumont's remains."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McCullen said he believes he told his side of the story in the interrogation video played for the jury in court Thursday.

“I lost my temper, but I never planned nothing,” McCullen said in the video.
Jordyn Dumont Trial Day 3: Accused killer will not testify

I know it's the defense attorney's job to work hard to get his client off but it makes me angry that he made premeditation sound like something that takes long-term planning.

Premeditation can happen in seconds. Based on the number of bruises - multiple according to the ME, not "2 - 3 punches on her stomach" as McCullen claimed - once he started hitting her he didn't stop. He had ample time to realize the damage he was doing and stop.

Jordyn Dumont autopsy report
The Gazette reports she had at least 10 wounds to her abdomen and chest, 26 wounds to her legs and feet, another 20 to her arms and hands. She had bleeding between her skull and her scalp. Vomit was found in her nose and her mouth, according to an autopsy report released to the Gazette Wednesday by the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office.
Autopsy shows Jordyn Dumont, 3, severely beaten prior to death

McCullen didn't care what happened to Jordyn as he beat her to death; many murderers are sorry for what they did after their victim dies and they are charged for their crime.

So freakin' what - he's a cold-blooded killer who IMO will victimize someone else if he's ever released back into society.

I can't believe it's been two years. I very much recall hoping little Jordyn was hiding out in the woods behind her house.
Thank you, YESorNO, for providing updates. I can't bring myself to click the links detailing what she endured but appreciate the trial updates.

Robin Kanady‏Verified account @RobinFox46 Jul 27
William McCullen will not take the stand in his own defense in his murder trial. He's charged with first degree murder in the beating death of 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont. WATCH to see why he isn't testifying.

(video clip: Robin Kanady on Twitter )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gina Esposito‏Verified account @GinaWSOC9 5h5 hours ago
TODAY: Jurors will likely start deliberating in the trial against Billy McCullen. McCullen confessed to killing 3-year-old Jordyn Dumont in 2016

DjV6xevXsAAO7Vm.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back