GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was the mother charged with anything? I can't recall. Sadly, a lot of these cases start to run together after a while.

No, the mother was not charged but she lost custody of her other baby.

God bless that poor little angel. Breaks my heart completely. How could anyone? Just how?

[h=1]Sister Of Man Accused Of Killing 3-Year-Old Jordyn Dumont Speaks Exclusively to WCCB[/h]
WCCB NEWS @ Ten anchor Morgan Fogarty asked Christina, “That night, what did your brother tell you?” She replied, “The only thing he told me was, that he tried CPR. I asked him, ‘Does Jaylene know?’ He wouldn’t answer me. He started crying.”

Christina says she went straight to the police department in the early morning hours of August 17th and told them what her brother said. Fogarty asked, “Has anybody from the Gaston County Police Department, or any other law enforcement agency, talked to you since the day you told them what Billy told you?” She answered, “I haven’t talked to anybody.” Fogarty asked, “No one else has contacted you?” Christina replied, “No.”
More at link: http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2016/11/14/christina-mccullen-talks/

Oh boy. As I read the interview I kept thinking, she shouldn't be telling the media this information.

I'm heartbroken that this person who lived in the home did not report the abuse. I hope LE contacts her, then files charges against Jaylene too.

She said she didn't know what happened "that night" before she said "that morning, whatever"- I have long wondered whether the abuse that set her death in motion occured before Jaylene went to work. Thanks for the link.

I can't help but point out that lividity was fixed posteriorly but she was found on her right side...

I can't help but point out that lividity was fixed posteriorly but she was found on her right side...

Good point -- obviously the location of her body was not where she was beaten to death. It's the old, tired, too-often used and suspicious I-woke-up-the-door-was-open-and-she-was-gone song that's been sung too many times by not very smart people IMO. They couldn't spell "livor," and they know nothing about it at all. Panic throws logic out the window.

This little girl was somebody.

Good point -- obviously the location of her body was not where she was beaten to death. It's the old, tired, too-often used and suspicious I-woke-up-the-door-was-open-and-she-was-gone song that's been sung too many times by not very smart people IMO. They couldn't spell "livor," and they know nothing about it at all. Panic throws logic out the window.

This little girl was somebody.

I tend to think based on the reports she was dead for quite a while before she was moved. This timeline could warrant further charges IMO.

Thanks for posting, Justice -- I just saw it online a couple of minutes ago.

So, maybe justice will be done, even though it won't bring little Jordyn back to a wonderful and happy life that she deserved.
"One week" sounds a bit short even if the estimate doesn't include jury selection, IMO, but we'll keep our eyes on it & see what happens.

Trial to start for man accused of killing girlfriend's daughter
Prosecutors have indicated they’ll use physical evidence to build their case. They also have statements McCullen made to police, according to court records.

Prosecutors have also asked the Gaston County Sheriff’s Office to give records of phone calls and mail sent to and received by McCullen since his incarceration at Gaston County Jail.

The potential witness list includes more than two dozen law enforcement officers, a supervisor at the 911 call center, a medical examiner, the owner of the Bessemer City restaurant where Jordyn’s mother worked and an employee at the Cherryville Wal-Mart.

Jordyn’s mother is not listed by prosecutors as a potential witness. It's difficult to tell how strong the evidence will be due to the gag order but I would imagine her testimony would have been important.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back