Found Deceased NC - Joseph, 45, & Cristie Codd, 38, Leicester, 12 March 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see that WLOS is reporting in text article that "Detectives say via an interview with Owens' wife, he told her he was driving a car that belonged to the victim and admitted to hitting and killing JT Codd, 45, on Hookers Gap Road." ... though I watched the live press conference and, while there was no specific mention that it was the victim's car, I do recall hearing that JO had 'admitted to his wife that he'd hit JT Codd with his car'. Not sure if "his car" has been misconstrued by WLOS to mean the victim's car? My impression was that by "his" it was referring to Jason Owen's car... seeing as how it was Jason Owen's truck which was taken away as evidence, and there have been no reports of damage to either of the victim's cars, which surely would have been inspected on day 1 of this investigation (both of the Codd's vehicles were at their house).

As for the wood stove, Facebook commenters are running w/ the notion that it was the wood stove in JO's primary residence (where his family would have been during the burning he was doing) but I recall that when questioned by reporters, the sheriff declined to specify which property the wood stove in question was located on (there are 2 locations: 1 Owens Cove Rd and 8 Owens Cove Rd, one of which also burned in suspected arson early this morning).

Maybe the Codds cancelled some jobs he'd been hired for? Sounds like he needed the money to save his property from foreclosure.

According to the warrants there were no phone calls made by JC's cell phone after 3/10/15 and no calls made from CC's after 3/11/15.

There were however, multiple texts from 3/10-3/11 by JC's cell phone to what turns out to be JO's cell phone. JC had given JO's number on a previous B&E report. The warrant didn't say when this B&E report was filed, (AFAIK, I am still reading it).

So we can assume the murders probably happened on the 11th (MOO)

ETA: CC's mom spoke to her on the 14th. It is in the warrant and I missed it earlier [emoji20]

I cannot imagine the fear that Cristie must have felt if she was aware of what was about to happen. That poor baby [emoji24] . This crime just breaks my heart. So senseless. Prayers for their families.

Sent from my celery phone using Tapatalk.

Wait, CC's mom spoke to her on the 14th but the murders are assumed to have happened on the 11th? Did JO kill JTC on the 11th then keep CC alive for a few days?

Sorry, I'm confused. It's quite possible I missed something. Is there clarification on this point?

I am confused too. In the warrant, it said that her mother last spoke with her on 3/14 but it also said when her father called on 3/15 to have them do a welfare check, that they had not heard from them in several days.

Wait, CC's mom spoke to her on the 14th but the murders are assumed to have happened on the 11th? Did JO kill JTC on the 11th then keep CC alive for a few days?

Sorry, I'm confused. It's quite possible I missed something. Is there clarification on this point?
I assumed that because of the phone calls and when they ended. That is until I noticed it said her mom heard from her on the 14th.

That is why I said MOO. My opinion only.

Sorry for the mix up [emoji20]

I am confused too. In the warrant, it said that her mother last spoke with her on 3/14 but it also said when her father called on 3/15 to have them do a welfare check, that they had not heard from them in several days.

BBM...I noticed that too.

I hope they will release a time line in the future. It is confusing.

ETA and OT: I wish now I didn't update Tapatalk. It is a pain now.

I don't know what to make of the warrant. I need more info on Cristie, this warrant read as if this was a single murder. When was she killed, how was she killed, why did her mom not pick up on distress when they spoke. I am am beyond disgusted at this point. And am I reading that JT filed a B&E against JO for a previous incident or did he just list his name and number on the report?

Jenves, I don't know either. It said the number was given on the report as JC's neighbor, JO. Is there a way to find that B&E report? If someone was prosecuted for it, surely it will be on file, hopefully online. It is hard for me to look for things on my phone sometimes. I will try though.

I assumed that because of the phone calls and when they ended. That is until I noticed it said her mom heard from her on the 14th.

That is why I said MOO. My opinion only.

Sorry for the mix up [emoji20]

I think a previous article talked about a friend saying texts received from either JT's or Cristie's phone did not sound like them. It's very possible JO kept their phones and texted people to keep people from noticing that they were missing. I also believe he called Zebb's employer the day after he disappeared and said he wouldn't be coming in.

this is obviously a sensitive subject-I thought it was horrible enough that they might have been burned outside in a fire, but inside in a wood stove? That seems almost impossible & grotesque. This just gets worse & worse...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder
Back