NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Kathy Taft killed by someone she knew?
Was it a random act, or was she stalked or targeted?

Here are missing pieces as of March 27, 2010:
* Police have not announced the lab results on whether Kathy Taft was raped.
* They also have not indicated if they found evidence of forced entry into the home.
* If Taft's sister, Dina Arnold Holton was in the house, what did she know and when did she know it?

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/story/7312712/

I think I am done thinking about this case until more official info comes out (or I should say, until ANY info comes out, since there had been almost none.) It angers me if the locals are at any risk and do not know it as much as it angers me if they are NOT at risk and have to think they are...

Is there a chance D could have asked or hired someone to hurt KT and it just went too far that night? Seems a little to happenstance that KT was in the house laid up from surgery and JG was out of town & a random person just happened to come along and get her. Plus D being in the house kind of throws a wrench in everything. But, that would explain the cops going door to door and asking for male DNA. Thoughts?

Hi Everybody! I just want to let you all know I had to delete the picture posts because we could not link them back to their source. It was a copyright violation.

You may post pictures as attachments if they are your OWN pics. You may also post them if the photographer's name or the media site is right on the picture. However, when the name/media org is not on the picture - then we must link to the picture on whatever site it was found.

Hope that makes sense and thank you for understanding!

Salem

Salem,
The pic wasn't from a link or photographer. It was from my own pictures.
Sorry for the confusion.

Do we even know how severe the blow was? Was it more than one? I recall that actress who fell and hit her head skiing and later died from it. I can't recall her name, but she was married to Liam Nisson. She didn't think the injury was so bad and initially refused medical care.

Could a little loss of temper have caused a punch that hit just the wrong way. Each one said an apology, then they retired to bed. There was a bleed to the brain and KT then went into a coma and couldn't be awakened. Of course if he happened that way, why would they we asking for male DNA in the neighborhood. URRRRRhhh.

Is there a chance D could have asked or hired someone to hurt KT and it just went too far that night? Seems a little to happenstance that KT was in the house laid up from surgery and JG was out of town & a random person just happened to come along and get her. Plus D being in the house kind of throws a wrench in everything. But, that would explain the cops going door to door and asking for male DNA. Thoughts?

Hi susubaby, you're right. Doesn't it seem just a little too random to imagine that house was targeted? I have gone over what we have again and again, and what we have without more information....is nothing. just our active imaginations and pieces of a puzzle that are just not fitting together at this point.

On the story at the link above it has been updated a bit. It did say the sister went to the home and found her after she missed a planned breakfast.

In the comment section, which I like to read cause sometimes people will post something that the media hasn't gotten word of yet and you can find out more info (sometimes) about the story, person, victim etc.

One poster wrote the home owner had been out of town for a while and maybe it was meant to be a burgarly and she was not the intended target.
Another poster wrote on 3/8 @ 602pm that the assault was rape and she was beaten very badly and not expected to make it.

These are comments found under the news link above, do not know if any is true.

If you read back from the beginning, there are many links to the story as reported by the media, as well as helpful sidelinks as mentioned in the above post.

True- JG's ex's family is related closely to the Bowles family. It is pretty well known around that KT was friendly with A and T Gore. She was friendly with BP, the governor of NC as well. Pretty high conncections. Honestly, don't think that has anything to do with all this though. I think it might be more of an inter-family dynamic type of thing. Rumors around town have been leaning toward the sis doing it up until about a day or so ago. When the cops went door to door, that made people paranoid that someone random was out there. But, from sources pretty close to the family, the sister was staying in the house that night with KT, and she wasn't harmed and didn't hear anything. The house is very small. It just doesn't make sense that someone could attack her sister and she not hear anything, and then not check on her until 10:30 the next day. And, with an attack that severe, it seems like the attacker was going for real harm/killing, not just to beat KT up so her could rape her. No one knows if the rape/sexual assualt is true or not. That has never been confirmed by anyone, so who knows about that.

Do we even know how severe the blow was? Was it more than one? I recall that actress who fell and hit her head skiing and later died from it. I can't recall her name, but she was married to Liam Nisson. She didn't think the injury was so bad and initially refused medical care.

Could a little loss of temper have caused a punch that hit just the wrong way. Each one said an apology, then they retired to bed. There was a bleed to the brain and KT then went into a coma and couldn't be awakened. Of course if he happened that way, why would they we asking for male DNA in the neighborhood. URRRRRhhh.

Natasha Richardson

True- JG's ex's family is related closely to the Bowles family. It is pretty well known around that KT was friendly with A and T Gore. She was friendly with BP, the governor of NC as well. Pretty high conncections. Honestly, don't think that has anything to do with all this though. I think it might be more of an inter-family dynamic type of thing. Rumors around town have been leaning toward the sis doing it up until about a day or so ago. When the cops went door to door, that made people paranoid that someone random was out there. But, from sources pretty close to the family, the sister was staying in the house that night with KT, and she wasn't harmed and didn't hear anything. The house is very small. It just doesn't make sense that someone could attack her sister and she not hear anything, and then not check on her until 10:30 the next day. And, with an attack that severe, it seems like the attacker was going for real harm/killing, not just to beat KT up so her could rape her. No one knows if the rape/sexual assualt is true or not. That has never been confirmed by anyone, so who knows about that.

I don't think anyone's connections had anything to do with the actual event. I do think they have A LOT to do with how this case is being managed and investigated.

I sure would have liked to have been a fly-on-the-wall when detectives paid a call to all those neighbors asking for a voluntary DNA swab. What exactly did they say to them to get them to comply?

Sorry, but a simple "to rule out" just doesn't get it with me. This woman didn't even live there! Many of the neighbors were probably unaware of who she is or that she was staying there. Now, if the homeowner was the one attacked, that would be a little different. But even then......if I had no more awareness other than facial recognition and absolutely no contact, it doesn't make sense. A precursory questioning where were you between these hours and who can corroborate would seem to suffice.

I totally agree crocus. It just isn't adding up in my mind. You are right- especially since she didn't live in this home, although it seems she spent a large amount of time through the years back and forth to this house. But still, elimination DNA seems a little bit bogus. I wish they would give the public some more info. And yes, diphi, I agree with you as well about the management of the case. I do think the RPD is keeping things very close to the vest, mainly bc I think they don't want to risk any info getting out and risking anything messing up any part of their info. There have been several other cases in this area where they have been tight lipped, although not quite as tight lipped as this, until they made an arrest.

I really believe KT was knocked out with a single blow to the head, raped and left for dead.
If true, I am truly puzzled why RPD will not come clean and advise the public at least the basic details.

I totally agree crocus. It just isn't adding up in my mind. You are right- especially since she didn't live in this home, although it seems she spent a large amount of time through the years back and forth to this house. But still, elimination DNA seems a little bit bogus. .

Crime of local opportunity?
Word is the cops only asked for men's DNA from the homes immediately surrounding Geil's home.

Just the Fax- Do you think it was a random attack then? That the sis was not involved and that KT just happened to be at the wrong place/wrong time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23