NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prancy, we can't post addresses (number and street) of innocent people (as in not named POI or suspect in this case). Can you edit your post #558 so the house number is xxxx or something?

With much of the neighborhood being working class people, what is the likelihood that JG ever had his neighbors over? I don't guess he socialized with the working class?

IDK, I'm asking.

Prancy, we can't post addresses (number and street) of innocent people (as in not named POI or suspect in this case). Can you edit your post #558 so the house number is xxxx or something?

With much of the neighborhood being working class people, what is the likelihood that JG ever had his neighbors over? I don't guess he socialized with the working class?

IDK, I'm asking.

Okay. I deleted it. I didn't think of that. Thanks.

Okay. I deleted it. I didn't think of that. Thanks.

You just can't post the numbers on the forum. I didn't mean for you to delete the message. If there is other info, other than the direct address then maybe you can repost?

Same goes for names of people. We have to use initials. It makes following things a little hard but you get creative in giving hints on names (sounds like __________).

You just can't post the numbers on the forum. I didn't mean for you to delete the message. If there is other info, other than the direct address then maybe you can repost?

I know, but the address is contained in the link, so I don't think I can post the link without revealing the address. I'll see if there is way to do it. If not, I'll post enough so that you can get there by a process of elimination.

If you google, the address 2*#@, Wayland Drive, Raleigh NC, you will get the address with the option for a Street View. If you click on the Street View, you will see the house I am describing that was on tv regarding one of the breakins or at least I think that is the one.

I wonder where Mr. Andrews lives. I had not read they was another break-in. It really does make you wonder about the break-ins. No wonder the police kept riding through. Of course we don't know if there was anything taken from the Geil house or not.

Per the article, Mr Andrews lives right across the street, on Cartier Drive.
Unbelievable that happened with the cops swarming the area. :eek:

Lots of areas ITB have been broken into in the past 2 years or so, especially. And I'm talking about $500,00plus houses where people have left their front doors open. These are the kinds of neighborhoods these are. Living down here myself, we have had people literally walk into people's homes while they were in the backyards gardening, and steal stuff in a matter of 30-90 seconds. So, don't be deceived by what you see by looking at that neighborhood. And, it is not really a blue collar neighborhood at all. While it is transitional (I lived there myself for awhile), blue collar is definately not a word I would use to describe it. There are young families, just out of college age people, retired folks, and people who rent, all who live there. It is surrounded by million dollar townhomes and snuggled into a neighborhood that is one of the most desireable in the Raleigh area. I just wanted to say this so that those of you who don't live here will know that while it may look like it could be a place where random crimes could occur, it has been a very safe place for many, many years where every one knows everyone. I have lived in Raleigh for 20 plus years. This is very very out of the ordinary for this area and neighborhood. It's like a small town in a big city. Everyone looks out for everyone and knows everyone, and their neighbors....that's what it is especially odd and disturbing.

Per the article, Mr Andrews lives right across the street, on Cartier Drive.
Unbelievable that happened with the cops swarming the area. :eek:

What kind of burglar is going to break into a house with LE swarming the area?

This is hinky IMO.

ETA(from article)

Despite the police presence, Andrews said his home was broken into Wednesday morning. The thieves used a brick from his backyard to smash the windows of two rear doors, then tracked mud across the carpet while stealing a 47-inch flat-screen television and his daughter's laptop computer, her iPod and her wallet, Andrews said.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03...samples.html?storylink=misearch#ixzz0jhH100H8

And nobody saw them leave? Where was the family on Wednesday morning. Must be more than one thief involved? I don't think one person could have taken a 47-inch flat screen TV with the other things ... would have had to come back in more than once. And nobody saw them go in or out ... And they were not concerned about tracking mud (footprints?) across the floor?

What kind of burglar is going to break into a house with LE swarming the area?

This is hinky IMO.

ETA(from article)

Despite the police presence, Andrews said his home was broken into Wednesday morning. The thieves used a brick from his backyard to smash the windows of two rear doors, then tracked mud across the carpet while stealing a 47-inch flat-screen television and his daughter's laptop computer, her iPod and her wallet, Andrews said.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03...samples.html?storylink=misearch#ixzz0jhH100H8

And nobody saw them leave? Where was the family on Wednesday morning. Must be more than one thief involved? I don't think one person could have taken a 47-inch flat screen TV with the other things ... would have had to come back in more than once. And nobody saw them go in or out ... And they were not concerned about tracking mud (footprints?) across the floor?

If I recall correctly, they reported that the break-in on Wayland had muddy footprints in the basement. Right? They could compare the prints.

The story about throwing the brick through the glass doors is bizarre. That get-a-way would be very obvious, especially for a neighbohood on edge and more alert than ever. There would have to be more than one to get away with that stuff and you would need a near by car. Don't any of those people have video survellience outside their house? I would think lots of them would be going up around there.

Lots of areas ITB have been broken into in the past 2 years or so, especially. And I'm talking about $500,00plus houses where people have left their front doors open. These are the kinds of neighborhoods these are. Living down here myself, we have had people literally walk into people's homes while they were in the backyards gardening, and steal stuff in a matter of 30-90 seconds. So, don't be deceived by what you see by looking at that neighborhood. And, it is not really a blue collar neighborhood at all. While it is transitional (I lived there myself for awhile), blue collar is definately not a word I would use to describe it. There are young families, just out of college age people, retired folks, and people who rent, all who live there. It is surrounded by million dollar townhomes and snuggled into a neighborhood that is one of the most desireable in the Raleigh area. I just wanted to say this so that those of you who don't live here will know that while it may look like it could be a place where random crimes could occur, it has been a very safe place for many, many years where every one knows everyone. I have lived in Raleigh for 20 plus years. This is very very out of the ordinary for this area and neighborhood. It's like a small town in a big city. Everyone looks out for everyone and knows everyone, and their neighbors....that's what it is especially odd and disturbing.

susababy, I meant no offense. I guess "transitional" is a better description for Cartier Drive. You are correct, there are numerous 'Yuppie' couples that desire the IBL location. At the same time, there are also retired sanitation workers. I know first hand there are numerous rental units that attract fairly transient folks that have very shallow roots.
I guess the point is, the cops would probably not ask neighborhood men for DNA swabs if this murder happened in nearby Country Club Hills.

I'll try to locate the number. I knew it was the house because I recognized it from seeing it on tv. If I get the number, I can pull up it's photo from real estate records.

If my sense of direction is correct, the backyard of the Wayland Drive house would meet with the backyard of another house on Cartier. The house whose backyard that it backs up to faces Cartier but is on the opposite side of the street than the Geil house, however it is across the street from the Geil house. Does that make any sense?

If I go back, I'll try to get some house numbers. I just feel odd going by there. They could have it under survellience and I don't want to look like a crazy person. LOL

BBM

The same thought crossed my mind when I drove by the house. Maybe they took a picture of my car and license plate or something like that...Well, I'll admit I'm crazy and nosy...but I'm not a murderer...:innocent:

BBM

The same thought crossed my mind when I drove by the house. Maybe they took a picture of my car and license plate or something like that...Well, I'll admit I'm crazy and nosy...but I'm not a murderer...:innocent:

Going back to the scene of the crime?
It happens...not just in the movies.:wink:

Just the Fax- No offense taken at all! I was just meaning to describe the area in that it is really not a "blue collar" area. It is more of a transitional area with all sorts of people who live there...yet it is surrounded by very nice and expensive areas all around and has been very safe for many years. And lots of areas ITB have been plagued with crazy sorts of brazen break-ins as of late. People seem to have been getting quite bold for some reason, and folks in this area have had their guard up, and neighborhood watches are all around, but things are still happening. Very strange.

Yes, and who knows...would they have asked for random DNA samples from neighbors in CCHills if the crime had occurred there? Kind of begs the question: Do the police know something we don't know?

Going back to the scene of the crime?
It happens...not just in the movies.:wink:

Oh, I know...and now I wonder if the murderer really did go back to the scene at some point. If so, I hope the police had good cameras for their surveillance.

"Despite the police presence, Joe Andrews said his home was broken into Wednesday morning. The thieves used a brick from his backyard to smash the windows of two rear doors, then tracked mud across the carpet while stealing a 47-inch flat-screen television and his daughter's laptop computer, her iPod and her wallet, Andrews said.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03...samples.html?storylink=misearch#ixzz0jgaMmMlj[/QUOTE]

Doesn't this seem kind of wierd? Why would someone break into a home right across the street, with the police there? This sounds crazy.

Yes, and who knows...would they have asked for random DNA samples from neighbors in CCHills if the crime had occurred there? Kind of begs the question: Do the police know something we don't know?

I think not.
Well, at least I would think the cops would not suspect a rapist living in a $750k - $3mm home. But then again, I reckon rapist/killers of opportunity can be from 'all walks of life' :waitasec:

Prancy, i felt the same way you described when i went through the neighborhood: a bit scared, but happy i got a chance to see it. I liked the neighborhood, it seemed to me to appear quite safe, cozy, a mix of houses, and i guess we all can agree to disagree on what "upscale" is. Agree with Susu, perhaps the hunting for DNA was just a ruse to get into people's homes and get a feel for them. Maybe they needed to revisit everything all over again from the beginning. But truly, if i was going to be a burglar, i wouldn't go to that tight little neighborhood. too much going on, too many opportunities to be discovered. the houses are on top of each other, and it is an active place! Wonder if these burglaries are legitimate? A big screen TV? hard to hide under your raincoat....

I am wondering if the police are still in the neighborhood 24/7 like they were a few weeks ago? Does anyone know what time of day this break-in occurred? Does seem very strange indeed. Almost makes me think someone is trying to divert attention....

Also, in a neighborhood like that, with the homes so close together and neighbors knowing each other (I know several people who live in that neighborhood) you would think that any one person/persons out of the ordinary/strangers would be noticed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA