NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be possible there is a connection to where she had her surgery?
Someone working there who would know where she'd be staying and would not be in condition to fight off an attacker?
IMO the intent was not to kill her, or they could have made sure that was completed before they left.

VB

A friend that is tied in to LE in N.C. big time just told me that DH says she parked her car in the Harris Teeter parking lot on Friday afternoon.

I know this guy. I've seen him in the middle of a table of SBI agents eating on more than one occasion.

GHOSTGHOST... what guy? Is there a picture you are referring to?

Investigators have eliminated friends and relatives of Kathy Taft as suspects

Good to see this is finally stated so it is clear for the skeptics.
Last night I said the same thing but was just dismissed by about everyone except Diphi and lil Detective. Sure hope they can get a break and catch this loser.

A friend that is tied in to LE in N.C. big time just told me that DH says she parked her car in the Harris Teeter parking lot on Friday afternoon.

I know this guy. I've seen him in the middle of a table of SBI agents eating on more than one occasion.

Could be a possibility since someone would have had to drive KT home from plastic surgeon so maybe she met KT in the HT parking lot and then they drove KT's car to surgeon. Perhaps planned to retrieve it later.

I'm still not convinced the durango was running at 6 am that Saturday morning. I know the HT manager stated it but has LE proven it.

I just keep looking at who would want K dead and why and I guess I keep going back to my original theory that whoever struck K didn't necessarily mean to kill her. It seems that they would have done a better job of it than they did - more blows, suffocation, etc. We still don't know if the "sexual assault" was staged or an actual rape, which is obviously hugely important in this case. If it turns out she wasn't actually raped, here's a scenario: take the theory of D striking K in anger at being discovered using/drinking (post#193) and add a male friend (assuming that male DNA was found) to the scenario. Let's say that the frirend is a using/drinking buddy - maybe even romantic interest of the married D. She invited the person to be there while she was caring for K. K wakes up and discovers the two of them drugging, goes into a fury and a struggle insues. Either D or the friend strikes K, they put her back in the bed, if she wasn't already in it and go back to partying down. Later, when they've sobered up a bit, they realize the extent of K's injuries and decide to stage a sexual assault. Or maybe the friend left before the assault was staged and D did that herself when she realized how injured K was. The friend leaves (maybe drives D's car to HT and locks keys inside) because said friend wasn't supposed to be there anyway, and D is left to call 911 with the story. This scenario (IMO) would expalin D's wishy-washy statements about "maybe seeing someone" etc. and would also explain why RPD aren't warning the public about a possible random rapist on the loose. D could be protecting someone and hasn't come clean with a name. One more comment on the rape thing - IMO it is hightly unlikely that a rapist would rape a person with physical wounds - especially someone with head dressings like K probably had on. (I had the same surgery last year and it is a scary sight). Instructors at several of the self-defense courses I have taken have instructed potential victims to do something physically repulsive like vomit, urinate, etc. to deter a rape. So I find it hard to fathom that a random rapist would attack K in that state. IMO it all comes down to motive and maybe no one actually had one to murder K - it could be the result of a very unfortunate accident in a drug/alcohol fueled scenario. Sorry for the long post.

Last night I said the same thing but was just dismissed by about everyone except Diphi and lil Detective. Sure hope they can get a break and catch this loser.

Just the Fax, respectfully, the Police don't always get things right.

In fact, they could have taken a wrong turn early in this case.

I do appreciate your insight into the case though.

But...this doesn't say that investigators have eliminated frirends of D's...just a thought.

BTW, in a google searh for info on D, found a person with her same full name registered as a member of NALC (National Association of Letter Carriers).

Just the Fax, respectfully, the Police don't always get things right.

In fact, they could have taken a wrong turn early in this case.

I do appreciate your insight into the case though.

No problem...I went from random to D back to random back to D then she had a 'friend',,,finally totally random just yesterday.
What changed my mind? KT's daughter saying random said a lot + WTVD reported that D was cleared. I had no reason to think their sources were not "off record" RPD.

Me skeptical? Well, yeah. I think some things just don't make good sense. And there is a pocket of time in there where the sister could have done many things - sleep or hide bloody clothes and weapons or help someone else get away. LE and the family have declined to tell the public about what was going on then. Must have been something or it wouldn't really matter - right?!

A simple DNA test will determine if he was in the house.
But more then likely, hes just a burglar and lives in the area, and likes to steal from the same area he lives in for comfort reasons.......He probably thought with LE working on the murder, they maynot pay much attention to some home burglaries, and of course he was wrong.
His MO seems to be, break in, steal some stuff, and take it to the pond shop for just quick cash.....I don't sense, on that one night of break ins, he would commit the type of crime that was committed, and then carry on with his burglaries days later as if nothing happened.

I just keep looking at who would want K dead and why and I guess I keep going back to my original theory that whoever struck K didn't necessarily mean to kill her. It seems that they would have done a better job of it than they did - more blows, suffocation, etc. We still don't know if the "sexual assault" was staged or an actual rape, which is obviously hugely important in this case. If it turns out she wasn't actually raped, here's a scenario: take the theory of D striking K in anger at being discovered using/drinking (post#193) and add a male friend (assuming that male DNA was found) to the scenario. Let's say that the frirend is a using/drinking buddy - maybe even romantic interest of the married D. She invited the person to be there while she was caring for K. K wakes up and discovers the two of them drugging, goes into a fury and a struggle insues. Either D or the friend strikes K, they put her back in the bed, if she wasn't already in it and go back to partying down. Later, when they've sobered up a bit, they realize the extent of K's injuries and decide to stage a sexual assault. Or maybe the friend left before the assault was staged and D did that herself when she realized how injured K was. The friend leaves (maybe drives D's car to HT and locks keys inside) because said friend wasn't supposed to be there anyway, and D is left to call 911 with the story. This scenario (IMO) would expalin D's wishy-washy statements about "maybe seeing someone" etc. and would also explain why RPD aren't warning the public about a possible random rapist on the loose. D could be protecting someone and hasn't come clean with a name. One more comment on the rape thing - IMO it is hightly unlikely that a rapist would rape a person with physical wounds - especially someone with head dressings like K probably had on. (I had the same surgery last year and it is a scary sight). Instructors at several of the self-defense courses I have taken have instructed potential victims to do something physically repulsive like vomit, urinate, etc. to deter a rape. So I find it hard to fathom that a random rapist would attack K in that state. IMO it all comes down to motive and maybe no one actually had one to murder K - it could be the result of a very unfortunate accident in a drug/alcohol fueled scenario. Sorry for the long post.

You make some interesting points. Lots to consider. I hope LE thinks outside the box and looks at all angles. I'm getting nervous as to whether they know what they are doing and whether they are really digging hard, regardless of whether the killer was known to KT or not. They have never solved the murder of the pregnant newpaper lady case. Stephanie Bennett 's case took years. I'm just feeling hopeless right now. I don't enjoy my neighborhood right now. How can we continue to live there with this looming over us? Perhaps they need a task force.

Do you have a link to LE stating this?

Me skeptical? Well, yeah. I think some things just don't make good sense. And there is a pocket of time in there where the sister could have done many things - sleep or hide bloody clothes and weapons or help someone else get away. LE and the family have declined to tell the public about what was going on then. Must have been something or it wouldn't really matter - right?!

I'm with you JMT707 - too much still unknown about what D was up to the enire night and into the early morning. IMO, she could be holding out, thinking she was, or she and a friend were possibly successful in making it look random, when LE could be building a case against her (using all the evidence to painstakingly re-create a possible scenario) which will force her to come clean with a name or personal confession. If it were truly random, why hasn't RPD warned the general population?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07