NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the cell phone was in the purse that was listed in the SW?

That's what I thought. Pinkorchid was asking the same thing I have upthread. I assume that D took hers with her to the hospital. Maybe they never asked for it. It could be that KT's was taken and was not collected by LE. I guess they can look at the records without having to have the actual phone, although, I would want the actual phone too.

I hope LE had the insight to go to the room in the house where D claims she heard footsteps and then have someone walk and/or run downstairs and see what if anything can be heard.

I am blown away with the new info... D heard someone in the house!?!

I can't wait to find out what she says next.

I agree raleighrez. Apparently she "said a lot in the interview" according to the reporter - interesting that they only mentioned a few tidbits. Wonder what else she said?

I found this report at a Greenville station. They say when they called the police to confirm these stories that family and friends had been eliminated and were told by police that it was not true and that they had not made any statements about suspects. Why is WTVD and WRAL quoting it as if it is coming from the Police when the police say that it isn't true?

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local...uled_out_in_taft_murder_investigation/130533/

How many officers does RPD have?
Do you actually think the media information officer knows what was said to 2 very credible news venues off the record?

I have reveiwed videos and stories from WRAL and WTVD. They both say sources, never directly say RPD.

How many officers does RPD have?
Do you actually think the media information officer knows what was said to 2 very credible news venues off the record?

No, I don't know how that works. I would think the station would at least footnote their report to say that officiallly the Police say they have not eliminated anyone. I find it misleading for the station to make a big headline saying something and then at the bottm say sources provided it, when the Police say it's not true.

Maybe it's common place for police to unofficially provide the news media with inside information and then deny they did it. If their sources are true, then it makes me feel worried about the investigation.

I have reveiwed videos and stories from WRAL and WTVD. They both say sources, never directly say RPD.

a source is just that - a source. Doesn't necessarily mean LE. And sometimes not credible but reliable. WTVD and WRAL reporters need to read these threads if they want sources. LOL

Thank you for finding the interview with DH (at least in print). I had been looking for it all day! "Soulmate"..."heard footsteps" Sorry. Not buying it. AND if you could have heard the interview it was even more shady than the transcript sounds--especially with her standing with her back to the camera.

Give the poor woman a break.
She is very likely a drug abusing alcoholic ,,,imo.
"Hearing footsteps" was probably delusional thinking after the traumatic event.

a source is just that - a source. Doesn't necessarily mean LE. And sometimes not credible but reliable. WTVD and WRAL reporters need to read these threads if they want sources. LOL

My money is on WTVD and WRAL and their credible sources.
Sorry, but they know much more about this case and the police investigation than any of us.

JTF- Just out of curiousity, and for the sake of a good debate, what about D's story now, even with it's holes and inconsistencies, makes you such an advoacte for the fact that now she is innocent of any wrong doing in this crime? Saying that "hearing footsteps" as delusional thinking after a traumatic event is gunning pretty hard for her, after everything else that we've heard so far. That story sounds pretty hokey and really doesn't seem to add up. I am open to your ideas and would like to explore further maybe some reasons I haven't thought about, aside from the fact that some "sources" said that she has been cleared. That is simply not good enough for me. IMO, that could be a game LE is playing, IF they even ever said anything to that effect at all (though in every news report that statement is quickly followed by "no one has been completely cleared") to try to pull info out of the perp or gain more info from people who may know something about the crime...

I will be glad to give her a break once the killer is found. Until then, I say let no stone go unturned. Drugs, alcohol,etc does not give her a free pass. I am quite sure she is delusional...but it is time to sober up and help find justice for her sister and stop hiding from the camera, trying to convince us that she and her sister were "soulmates".

I think it is interesting and open-minded to see how some of us are forming and adjusting our personal opinions on this case as the pieces are revealed. I truly admire those who can assimilate new information and modify their thinking based on that. I applaud those skills, and wish I could do that better. I admit I very much do not want this to turn out to be a random crime because of how vulnerable that makes me feel. I also recognize crime is often very random, and the truth is we are vulnerable every single day no matter where we are or what our circumstances may be. So I shamefully confess I am biased against the sister because I want this terrible crime to make some tiny bit of sense. And I applaud those digesting facts as they are revealed in a more sensible way than I am. :o

I will be glad to give her a break once the killer is found. Until then, I say let no stone go unturned. Drugs, alcohol,etc does not give her a free pass. I am quite sure she is delusional...but it is time to sober up and help find justice for her sister and stop hiding from the camera, trying to convince us that she and her sister were "soulmates".

What does the defense attorney always say?

"My client may be a lowdown cad, but that does not make him a murderer"

KH may be a drug abusing alcoholic, but that does not make her a murderer.

My money is on WTVD and WRAL and their credible sources.
Sorry, but they know much more about this case and the police investigation than any of us.

Best i can tell it's all the same story. I think Ed Crump with WTVD got the initial interview with DH and now WRAL is airing the same story with their logo. Only WRAL added followup with Dr Teague, a forensic psych. So they are both quoting the same "sources" whoever they are. Does repeating a source make it credible?

Perhaps CCBI is now handling the case instead of RPD - not sure how those 2 work together in Wake County so perhaps that's why the WNCT folks were told by RPD they could not confirm.

The Police have the chain of custody to prove. They better have those cell phones in the search warrants as having been seized. If something turned up and they tried to use that evidence, the defense lawyers would have a field day with it.

Maybe DH is right and she was never a suspect. It is a powerful family.

What does the defense attorney always say?

"My client may be a lowdown cad, but that does not make him a murderer"

KH may be a drug abusing alcoholic, but that does not make her a murderer.

You are absolutely right. Nor does her being a drug abusing alcoholic mean that we should ignore inconsistencies in her stories. I honestly dont have a firm opinion on what I think happened that night...I feel like I have an open mind. But I hope DH (if in fact she does have an alcohol issue) has admited to her lapses in judgement and has come clean with the events of the night so that this killer (whoever he or she is) will be found. When I hear things like "hearing footsteps" during the 911 call when most of us clearly did not get the impression that she felt endangered during the call, I can't help but wonder if she has been able to do that.

JTF- Just out of curiousity, and for the sake of a good debate, what about D's story now, even with it's holes and inconsistencies, makes you such an advoacte for the fact that now she is innocent of any wrong doing in this crime? Saying that "hearing footsteps" as delusional thinking after a traumatic event is gunning pretty hard for her, after everything else that we've heard so far. That story sounds pretty hokey and really doesn't seem to add up. I am open to your ideas and would like to explore further maybe some reasons I haven't thought about, aside from the fact that some "sources" said that she has been cleared. That is simply not good enough for me. IMO, that could be a game LE is playing, IF they even ever said anything to that effect at all (though in every news report that statement is quickly followed by "no one has been completely cleared") to try to pull info out of the perp or gain more info from people who may know something about the crime...

I understand from most of you, sources for the 2 big TV markets are apparently not credible enough to be believable. That is where we disagree.
These are very seasoned reporters at top area stations. Their reputation and careers depend on reporting truthful information, often using unnamed, but proven and reliable sources. The fact that 2 independent, extremly credible media sources reported essentially the same story tells me a lot.

I'm not buying the "game" the cops may be playing w/ DH, as you say.
I bet they have unknown male DNA from the rape kit and it is more than obvious that male rapist killed Kathy Taft. I truly believe they have no idea who that person might be. Yep,that is a very scary thing for Raleigh.

Does anyone here think that RPD will be having any sort of press conference any time soon in light of the tapes/SW being released and some of these other reports coming to light?

I feel certain that if it looks strange it is strange and this with the sister is strange. The back to the camera interview added to the strangeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote