NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that police have a suspect in custody, Fuqua hopes the arrest will quiet the rumors about her family’s involvement.
“I personally hate that, I feel like my aunts name was dragged through the mud a bit and there was a lot of speculation about her.” says Fuqua.

Williford is scheduled to appear in court on Monday. Taft and Fuqua say they’ll be there.
Fuqua says, “I just feel like I have to see him. I have to see his face.

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local...ed_following_arrest_of_murder_suspect/132162/

Yes it's true. The community is talking about questions. Today I went to 2 stores at Five Points and to HT at GV. People are asking about the items on the SW they think indicate there was more than D and KT in the house, the running car and other statements. They believe it about JW, but are still wondering about other questions. I don't know, but I'm certain the details will be figured out by the DA's office. They will have to turn everything over in discovery, so eventually, what we don't know and what doesn't make sense, will eventually.

There is still an NBC media truck at the school at the corner of Wayland and Oberlin. I wonder who lives in the apt with JW.

Wonder if he was camping out at the lake to avoid staying at his apt.

Also, in the PR they said that JW was NOT a suspect in any other case. REally? He didn't break into the house on Wayland and the house on Cartier in which they recovered Mr. Andrews stolen items at the pawn shop? Was that just coincidental? That would mean that he wasn't breaking into houses and stealing to get drug money. That would mean that he just went into JG's house to rape/murder. Yikes. That's scary.

maybe he felt the heat & got scared when they came for dna & he turned them down -- that made him realize how close they were. staying at the lake would give him time to think & figure an alibi, & just mostly hoping the "heat" would all just go away or at least calm down by the time he returned.

Does meth make you do 'crazy, uncharacteristic ' things?
B&E is one thing, the rape/murder is what is so bizarre.

by the way meth is the Poor mans drug. you can make it right out of items in your kitchen items purchased in the grocery store. but since it is the poor mans drug - would make sense to me since he did not have alot of money & looked disheveled when they found him. anyway, the drug makes one awake for days at a time literally can go without sleep for 48 hours or more, also it increases the dopamine level in the brain thus the high & sexual side of the drug. going 48 hours without sleep causes one to do stupid things.

maybe he felt the heat & got scared when they came for dna & he turned them down -- that made him realize how close they were. staying at the lake would give him time to think & figure an alibi, & just mostly hoping the "heat" would all just go away or at least calm down by the time he returned.

WRAL news said on the news just now that he was at Jordon Lake with friends when LE came in and took him down. Can you imagine being a friend sitting there in a lounge chair, drinking a beer and suddenly your friend is pushed spread eagle on the ground with guns pointed at his head? OMG. (I don't know they did it that way, but bet they did to avoid any possible escape attempt) I bet they told him immediately that he was being arrested for the rape and murder of KT. I bet his friends almost passed out from shock. I can't even imagine. You just don't think those things about your friends, usually, even if they are alcoholic or drug addict.

Yes it's true. The community is talking about questions. Today I went to 2 stores at Five Points and to HT at GV. People are asking about the items on the SW they think indicate there was more than D and KT in the house, the running car and other statements. They believe it about JW, but are still wondering about other questions. I don't know, but I'm certain the details will be figured out by the DA's office. They will have to turn everything over in discovery, so eventually, what we don't know and what doesn't make sense, will eventually.

There is still an NBC media truck at the school at the corner of Wayland and Oberlin. I wonder who lives in the apt with JW.

Chief Dolan said random.....no other suspects or POI.
No doubt folks are still asking questions about D's somewhat 'odd' behavior.
Personally, I just chalk it up to her possible 'personal issues' and truly believe she was just that "unlucky".

WRAL news said on the news just now that he was at Jordon Lake with friends when LE came in and took him down. Can you imagine being a friend sitting there in a lounge chair, drinking a beer and suddenly your friend is pushed spread eagle on the ground with guns pointed at his head? OMG. (I don't know they did it that way, but bet they did to avoid any possible escape attempt) I bet they told him immediately that he was being arrested for the rape and murder of KT. I bet his friends almost passed out from shock. I can't even imagine. You just don't think those things about your friends, usually, even if they are alcoholic or drug addict.

"He was taken into custody at the Poplar Point recreation area at Lake Jordan."A few vehicles pulled up and they kind of swarmed him, got him off the beach, put him in cuffs, took him away."
:Banane30:

Maybe they did it like they do on Dateline on the child predator program once the guy gets out the door - Whammmo.

Chief Dolan said random.....no other suspects or POI.
No doubt folks are still asking questions about D's somewhat 'odd' behavior.
Personally, I just chalk it up to her possible 'personal issues' and truly believe she was just that "unlucky".

JTF I tend to say I totally agree with this. certainly sounds like she is an EXTREMELY unlucky person. & unfortunately the entire night was unlucky for everyone. so many lives will be altered now.

Seems the cops like to get 'em outside the confines of their residence if possible (usually safer).
You know he was under 24-7 surveillance the last days and immediately tailed as he left for Jordan Lake. Betcha he just popped his first Bud when the party was busted. :laugh:

6618997-1260886011-400x300.jpg
Williford_Jason_Keith_130391_2-300x400.jpg

Wake County Jail cellmates?

The kids vow to be at every court appearance. IWRAL tonight) Their family will take up an entire row in the Public Safety Center Courtroom. Allow another row for JW's family, if they appear. It's going to be very tight and very close for the 2 families to sit next to each other. Very uncomfortable.

I'm still anxious now about the unsolved breakins in the area. They are some brazen lunatics to break in houses right around a murder crime scene with a cop parked in front of the house. What's up with that? Maybe now that they have KT case solved they can go after the other crimes.

JTF yes it does. I researched Meth for a long time, because of the business my husband was in, he would see people on meth but didn't realize it at the time & was perplexed by them. So I began researching it for about a year. I was really stunned at the drug & its power to wreck lives, families, & allow people to perpetrate crimes without conscience. I was going to begin a Meth awareness program, but about 6 months into thinking about it, the country was ahead of me & had began one, so I was pretty relieved. anyway, IMO it is one of the drugs that if it was used, could make the crime more understandable to me. also think crack & meth IMO point to the baggies. point to the rape, point to being awake late at night & perpetrating a crime, & finally point to perpetrating a crime out of the ordinary of the individual -a "crazy" nonsensical crime. you should read about it on google, it is a pretty amazing drug, created w all the items you would normally have under your kitchen sink. I am not saying this is what he was on, I am saying it is a possibility, & in my mind would clear up so many of my questions.

You are so right about the meth. I know firsthand as I have a loved one about to go to prison for meth charges. I do know that when they need a fix, they will do most anything to get it. The incidence I know of is that the person was ADHD and took Ritalin all thru school until graduation, thus leading to meth (They are both Control Substance II). It was not apparent in this person because it was a calming effect for the person with ADHD. Others are so hyper on it that you can tell they are bouncing off the walls. It is when they are coming down off the drug that they can become violent, they see things that aren't there and are real to them in their mind. They will forsake their children, their parents and the last thing they want to hear, is "are you using?" Never accuse an addict of using because they become so defensive that it will bring on a confrontation. They also might not remember a lot of things they did, as some of it may be real and some not real. I know this person stayed up once for 12 days without sleeping. When these people go to jail, they will sleep for 3 or 4 days. It is a powerful drug that ruins families and lives. Meth also brings out a lot of sexual fantasies and kinky things that otherwise probably wouldn't exist. The person I am referring to was not a violent person at all and did not get into stealing or do things like that. He had access to borrow money if needed and sold most of his posessions.

I don't really know what to say about this kind of crime that JW did but he must have a hatred for women in general. Those who hate women though always have to have one around for some reason. It is usually that they had mothers who did not behave as they should while they were children and they grow up to resent her. Such a tangled web; All this makes my brain tired.

agree, smiles - does make the brain tired. thinking now that maybe def. saw dh at harris teeter, watched the keys locked in car situation and her being all flustered about it, saw an opportunity, followed her back to jg's house and waited for his opportunity. harris teeter may have been able to help identify him by going back to see who had been there at the same time as dh and looking at credit/debit card names.

Taft's Son Calls Suspect In Her Murder 'Pure Evil'
Devetta Blount Created: 4/17/2010 8:20:03 PM Updated: 4/17/2010 8:34:23 PM

Raleigh, NC-- The children of State Board of Education member Kathy Taft say while the man suspected of killing and raping her is "pure evil," she should not be remembered for her death, but for the good she did. Jason Keith Williford was arrested Friday at a campground at Lake Jordan, police spokesman Jim Sughrue said. Taft, 62, died March 9 at WakeMed after being attacked in a Raleigh home three days earlier.

"To me, he is pure evil," Taft's son, Jonathan Taft, said Saturday a news conference in Greenville.

Jonathan Taft and his sister, Page Fuqua, said that Williford, who lived in the same neighborhood where Taft was killed, is a stranger to them.

"I just feel like I have to see him. I have to see his face," Fuqua said. "He was the last person that saw my mother essentially alive."

more here

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local_state/article.aspx?storyid=140665

Ya'll need to go buy Amada lamb's new book...Evil next door (murder/rape in Raleigh)
Sounds like RPD used the same tactic of getting DNA from a possible neighborhood suspect using 'creative means'.

I just placed an order for the book to p/up tomorrow from B&N. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Seeing the 2 of them side by side is beyond creepy. Should we add Brad Cooper too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtmarvin