GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KT's sister, DH, has been in the hospital and is not available to testify. Anyone know what's going on? She was in court last week and was prepared to testify. The reason this agent is going through all the details of what DH said and did the next day is because she is in the hospital (and thus not available).

Someone said KT's boyfriend, owner of the house, is deceased?? Was it natural causes? Just curious.

Yes that was posted in the prior thread. He had a stroke and died at some point after the crime (maybe a year later?)

OMG at the level of detail DH provides. How she cooked the potatoes? How she put dishes in the dishwasher? Where she placed the sponge after cleaning?

Seriously?

Is she one of those types who if you ask her the time she tells you how to build a clock including each place to get the parts? "Lady, I just asked what time it was...." :banghead:

OMG at the level of detail DH provides. How she cooked the potatoes? How she put dishes in the dishwasher? Where she placed the sponge after cleaning?

Seriously?

Is she one of those types who if you ask her the time she tells you how to build a clock including each place to get the parts? "Lady, I just asked what time it was...." :banghead:

I had the impression the implication was that someone else had been in the kitchen, after her, and things had been moved from where she had placed or left them. The tape was quite hard for me to hear and understand, all that background noise ongoing. That's what I got from the tape though, that things were out of place from where she had left them prior to going to bed that night. JMO.

So she had an alcohol problem, I'd imagine these circumstances didn't *help* it any. I'm offended by the DT continually bringing it up.

Judge dismisses second juror in Jason Williford trial

WRAL NEWS NOON Raleigh, N.C. — The judge presiding over the capital murder trial of a Raleigh man accused of killing North Carolina state school board member Kathy Taft dismissed a second juror in the case Tuesday after she failed to show up to court.

Superior Court Judge Paul Gessner said the woman gave "no reason satisfactory to the court" to retain her as a juror.

Gessner delayed the trial on Monday after the same juror reported that she had a childcare issue.

The decision leaves only one of three alternate jurors for the trial.

Another juror was dismissed on the first day of testimony last week because she was the sole caretaker of her elderly mother.

Williford, 32, is accused of first-degree murder, first-degree rape and first-degree burglary in Taft's March 9, 2010, death. If convicted, he could face the death penalty.

Prosecutors say Williford deliberately raped and beat Taft, 62, as she was recovering from surgery, but defense attorneys say he was incapable of forming the necessary mental intent that is needed for a first-degree murder conviction, because he suffers from a number of disorders and illnesses.

:wave: morning WS --- did the state rest already? Or why is JWs ex-wife testifying?

Good morning all, just checking in. So the juror didn't call or show? I thought that was illegal, to say the least? Did the judge say if he was going to do anything about it, like contempt of court or something? And if these jurors, the one who cared for her elderly mother and the one with childcare issues, had these problems why were they even seated I wonder?

BBM

I thought that as well.....

In the past, after a breakup, in my mind I have to paint the worst picture I can of the departee.....it makes it easier to survive the broken heart. One has to do that, because if you think of the good things, the loving things you had together, than it makes you sad and defeated. Better to think of the issues you had, the things that were wrong with the relationship, because it makes it easier to cope. It is understandable.

Thank you Judge G. I don't know what this poor woman's secrets are, but it's JW that's on trial here, not her. Do not like this DT, hopefully the jury won't like 'em either. JMO

Such a cruel defense...taking down innocent parties, trying to expose their private issues. How cruel can they be? This is sad and infuriating.

Is the defendant smirking or is it my imagination?

She's doing a great job being assertive and standing up to the defense's snide and snark.

It really bothers me when the camera pans over to JW because I KNOW he is guilty. With so many of the other cases we've watched, I have thought they were guilty, didn't like the defendants, etc. but there was a small little place in my heart or head that still wondered if they could be innocent. Knowing that JW has admitted to this murder leaves no doubt and it is very difficult for me to look at him. I don't even want to hear or know about his 'good' qualities as his bad far outweigh any good.

I sat here waiting to mow the rest of my grass until they broke for lunch and dang if it isn't raining cats and dogs now. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I'll take a nap instead.

Just thinking about Jessica's testimony. I know that everything about this case is bizarre, but omg, how deeply disturbing that they went to dinner at his parents' house Saturday night. Rape, murder and dinner with the folks.

And I'm so confused about Dina saying she was sleeping on the couch right outside the bedroom in which Kathy was staying. I wish I could see a floor plan of this house. I just can't fathom this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back