GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't imagine why JF ever wanted to marry JW in the first place. He was dead weight, getting drunk, stumbling home, not working, sort of kind of in school, but then not. A real loser, immature, and those were his good qualities. Okay he did the dishes and fed the animals and helped around the apartment some. But marriage...to that? Why?

I hope she stays away from the exciting party band type guys in the future. Stay single or find someone stable and settled who holds a good job, is not a drunk, and...not a deviant perv...yes, that would be good too.

The state has not rested. They are on lunch break until 2:10pm. The ex-wife of JW is on the stand. They broke as she was being cross-examined by the defense. She will be back on the stand after lunch. She's a prosecution witness.

Sister did not testify in person, but they played a videotape of her reinacting the events from the time she and Kathy got together the day before until the time Kathy was taken to the hospital. She made a point of insisting that "the kitchen was spotless" when she went to bed - so apparently someone else helped themselves to food (and we know it wasn't the deceased,) and left some things in disarray in the kitchen. She went into a lot of detail because that was what was asked of her by the homicide investigator, he wanted her to reenact every detail, as that sometimes will assist in recollection of small events which might otherwise be disregarded as uninmportant.

How did JW get into the house? Unlocked door? Open window? Was there any forced entry?

Thanks peoples, now I'm making sense of it. Being on the West Coast really screws up my ability to watch the coverage :(

Sister did not testify in person, but they played a videotape of her reinacting the events from the time she and Kathy got together the day before until the time Kathy was taken to the hospital. She made a point of insisting that "the kitchen was spotless" when she went to bed - so apparently someone else helped themselves to food (and we know it wasn't the deceased,) and left some things in disarray in the kitchen. She went into a lot of detail because that was what was asked of her by the homicide investigator, he wanted her to reenact every detail, as that sometimes will assist in recollection of small events which might otherwise be disregarded as uninmportant.

I missed what was said by the detective when he was asked about questioning Dina. Did he say he had tried to question her previously but that she was too intoxicated and the video was the subsequent attempt? Or was the video testimony when he felt she was intoxicated? (She didn't sound intoxicated to me, no slurring words, etc.)

How did JW get into the house? Unlocked door? Open window? Was there any forced entry?

I'm pretty sure the defense said he used the plastic ADT sign to trip the door lock, like you would use a credit card to do.

Interesting that JW attacked the woman whose head was all bandaged up from surgery, on pain meds, totally asleep, in her full PJs, versus the woman who was not bandaged up, was asleep elsewhere on a couch. Hitting her with a rock and bashing her skull in...to silence her? She was clearly incapacitated already with all the bandages and was asleep. Did he not notice any of that?

Interesting that JW attacked the woman whose head was all bandaged up from surgery, on pain meds, totally asleep, in her full PJs, versus the woman who was not bandaged up, was asleep elsewhere on a couch. Hitting her with a rock and bashing her skull in...to silence her? She was clearly incapacitated already with all the bandages and was asleep. Did he not notice any of that?

The defense contends he was so stoned and drunk that he didn't notice a thing and had no clue what he was doing. Usual twinky defense. He walks in, approaches KT, she makes noise, he gets scared, he beats her with the rock, then rapes her.

The defense contends he was so stoned and drunk that he didn't notice a thing and had no clue what he was doing. Usual twinky defense. He walks in, approaches KT, she makes noise, he gets scared, he beats her with the rock, then rapes her.

That kinda got blown by his ex's testimony this morning where she details how they were arguing and it got heated enough that he got up and left the house.

Someone really stoned and drunk to that extent would been more likely to pass out, not successfully work through the logic of how to jimmy a lock on a house and been stealthy enough to get in, conduct a vicious attack, get out, walk back home, be aware enough to remove his clothes and crawl into bed next to his wife.

I don't doubt he was inebriated, but he was furious after the confrontation with Jessica and it was his rage that fueled him forward. He was aware...enough.

That kinda got blown by his ex's testimony this morning where she details how they were arguing and it got heated enough that he got up and left the house.

Someone really stoned and drunk to that extent would been more likely to pass out, not successfully work through the logic of how to jimmy a lock on a house and been stealthy enough to get in, conduct a vicious attack, get out, walk back home, be aware enough to remove his clothes and crawl into bed next to his wife.

I don't doubt he was inebriated, but he was furious after the confrontation with Jessica and it was his rage that fueled him forward. He was aware...enough.

WORD. I concur with you. :seeya:

Does anyone know what is going on? Why the delay today?
WELCOME !!!

:cheer:FIRSTNOW :cheer:

Welcome to our happy, flappy little band of Sleuthers!

:party:

:dance:

I always seem to get up just in time for the morning break. :( They need to put back the trial day to 11:00 a.m., to accommodate my lifestyle. :) I'm a late night reader, can't seem to fall asleep any earlier.

If you dare, glee, as I'm sure you might -- you are a feisty little thing, you know -- write don't you write a little email :what:to the good, even-tempered, unflappable JG and suggest it ?! He might be so gracious (goodness!) to respond with a suggestion or two for you?
icon10.gif
icon12.gif
icon6.gif

:floorlaugh:

I have spent the day catching up as I was out of town during the beginning of this trial. I do not like that DH is being dragged through the mud!!

I want to hear this motion to suppress!

Also, noticed the Cartier house is on the market.

She seems like a nice, well-spoken, intelligent girl. I wonder why she switched from vet tech to fire-eater? It would seem she would meet a 'nicer crowd' for lack of a better term, as the vet tech. JMO

:floorlaugh:
If you dare, glee, as I'm sure you might -- you are a feisty little thing, you know -- write don't you write a little email :what:to the good, even-tempered, unflappable JG and suggest it ?! He might be so gracious (goodness!) to respond with a suggestion or two for you?
icon10.gif
icon12.gif
icon6.gif

Great suggestion, borndem!! :floorlaugh: He's such a nice, accommodating man, I bet he'd appreciate such information so those of us who are night owls won't be inconvienced too much. :great::dance::slap::pillowfight2::skip:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back