GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG at the level of detail DH provides. How she cooked the potatoes? How she put dishes in the dishwasher? Where she placed the sponge after cleaning?

Seriously?

Is she one of those types who if you ask her the time she tells you how to build a clock including each place to get the parts? "Lady, I just asked what time it was...." :banghead:

I detected, sensitive soul that I yam, that she was being very defensive -- and it seemed unnecessary to me, but that just could be her personality type, or maybe she had been treated in a negative way previously in this case. That's just my take on it...:waitasec:

That's McDreamy. And... blasphemy! Okay, maybe not. The bow tie is adorable, I'll give you that.

LOL, I knew the moment I hit 'submit', that I had something wrong, and then it came to me, 'McDreamy'. :banghead:

I have to say, it's so much nice without the 'he's innocent' clusters. Much more peaceful around here.

Just thinking about Jessica's testimony. I know that everything about this case is bizarre, but omg, how deeply disturbing that they went to dinner at his parents' house Saturday night. Rape, murder and dinner with the folks.

And I'm so confused about Dina saying she was sleeping on the couch right outside the bedroom in which Kathy was staying. I wish I could see a floor plan of this house. I just can't fathom this.

There are four areas downstairs in this rectangular-shaped house:

----------------------[Door]--------------------
.Living room ..........................dining room
-----------------------------------------------
.Master Bedroom......bath.............kitchen
------------------------------------------------

Stairs are in the middle of the house directly in front of the front door. Sofa is just to the right of the front door as you enter. On 2nd floor, guest room is over the kitchen; study is over the master. Only two rooms upstairs. MBR & kitchen face the street; front door is on other side of the house, where marked. HTH.

I detected, sensitive soul that I yam, that she was being very defensive -- and it seemed unnecessary to me, but that just could be her personality type, or maybe she had been treated in a negative way previously in this case. That's just my take on it...:waitasec:

My take was strong defensive mode too. Very defensive. I hope nobody has made her feel that any part of this was her fault, although she may have felt a huge amount of guilt internally. I am certain I would have.

My take was strong defensive mode too. Very defensive. I hope nobody has made her feel that any part of this was her fault, although she may have felt a huge amount of guilt internally. I am certain I would have.

IIRC, right after this happened, wasn't there quite a bit of talk/gossip about her? I think perhaps that's the frame of mind she was coming from. I wasn't here on WS's at the time, but where ever I was, I recall the sister of victim taking a lot of heat/gossip/innuendos, etc. At the time I felt extremely sorry for her. :(

Gotcha, so the state rested after forensic and medical testimony? Did the sister testify?

The State has not rested yet, Coffee-Tea-Or-Me!!
icon10.gif
icon12.gif

Will these videos of the def and the one of the sister be available on the WRAL site to view later?

IIRC, right after this happened, wasn't there quite a bit of talk/gossip about her? I think perhaps that's the frame of mind she was coming from. I wasn't here on WS's at the time, but where ever I was, I recall the sister of victim taking a lot of heat/gossip/innuendos, etc. At the time I felt extremely sorry for her. :(

Yes, I recall the gossip. I felt for her as well.

JW: "Broke into the house and immediately realized it wasn't mine".... and then why on earth didn't you LEAVE, a-hole?

Rats! Why didn't they continue the audio so all could hear JW's response to "It's your DNA. You have to explain how it's there." I wanted to hear his response. GAH

Rats! Why didn't they continue the audio so all could hear JW's response to "It's your DNA. You have to explain how it's there." I wanted to hear his response. GAH

Maybe I misheard, but I thought the cute detective said that was the end of the tape?? No??:maddening:

There are four areas downstairs in this rectangular-shaped house:

----------------------[Door]--------------------
.Living room ..........................dining room
-----------------------------------------------
.Master Bedroom......bath.............kitchen
------------------------------------------------

Stairs are in the middle of the house directly in front of the front door. Sofa is just to the right of the front door as you enter. On 2nd floor, guest room is over the kitchen; study is over the master. Only two rooms upstairs. MBR & kitchen face the street; front door is on other side of the house, where marked. HTH.

You're awesome. Thank you!

So Dina says she was sleeping on the couch downstairs until she heard the noise, then got up, checked, relocked the door and went upstairs to sleep? Is that right?

Interesting that JW attacked the woman whose head was all bandaged up from surgery, on pain meds, totally asleep, in her full PJs, versus the woman who was not bandaged up, was asleep elsewhere on a couch. Hitting her with a rock and bashing her skull in...to silence her? She was clearly incapacitated already with all the bandages and was asleep. Did he not notice any of that?

He could have easily missed seeing DH on the sofa when he came in, if it was before 3:00am, especially if he went left into the dining room -- she went upstairs at 3:00, she said. If he went then back into the kitchen, he could certainly been the one who messed up the kitchen... From the kitchen, he could have turned around & then could have seen the MBR door ajar & gone in there, saw KT and did his awful thing. That's what I think happened

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back