GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:silly:Lawd have mercy! Guess i'll go get coffee. Good morning all!

What happened? I was watching people in the courtroom, I keep the sound on, went away to do something and when I went back, the picture was gone. I never heard the judge or anyone make any comment.

So we are officially down one juror now. Wow.

Juror #6 didn't bother showing up today and didn't give an adequate reason. JG replaced that juror with alternate.

No idea if this is the same juror from yesterday who had the child care issues.

Juror #6 has been replaced for failure to show. I have no sound--you?

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Superior Court Judge Paul Gessner dismissed a woman from the Jason Williford trial Tuesday - one day after delaying testimony because she didn't show up for court. Gessner said the woman did not appear for a second straight day Tuesday and she had not given a satisfactory reason for not appearing.

Yep, same flakoid woman.

WRAL alert says a SECOND juror was dismissed today leaving only one alternate. Do we know what happened with the first one? As borndem has mentioned, we thought we started with three alternates, and were surprised to hear JS say 14 jurors on the first day of trial.

The first dismissed juror had issues as she was the only caregiver for her elderly parent. That was before testimony got started in the trial (Day #1). Today's dismissed juror was the second to be dismissed. That leaves 1 alternate left.

Maybe it's just me, but people who have no backup plan and are the primary care provider for kids or adults, should be strongely examined before being seated as a juror. What were they thinking? I don't get it.

Perhaps I missed it, but has the state given a prediction for how long ther CIC might take? They have covered a lot already.

Maybe it's just me, but people who have no backup plan and are the primary care provider for kids or adults, should be strongely examined before being seated as a juror. What were they thinking? I don't get it.

Perhaps I missed it, but has the state given a prediction for how long ther CIC might take? They have covered a lot already.

Good morning all, just checking in. So the juror didn't call or show? I thought that was illegal, to say the least? Did the judge say if he was going to do anything about it, like contempt of court or something? And if these jurors, the one who cared for her elderly mother and the one with childcare issues, had these problems why were they even seated I wonder?

Good morning all, just checking in. So the juror didn't call or show? I thought that was illegal, to say the least? Did the judge say if he was going to do anything about it, like contempt of court or something? And if these jurors, the one who cared for her elderly mother and the one with childcare issues, had these problems why were they even seated I wonder?

Perhaps (assuming this is the same one) she was confident at the time of voir dire, etc., that c.care was no problem -- and then maybe for other reasons (grossed-out, didn't like it like she thought she would, etc., a chance to take a trip/personal reasons) she backed away from it. I think there might be more to it, since I feel pretty confident that voir dire tries to take care of those possible details.... Just guessin' :waitasec:

I always seem to get up just in time for the morning break. :( They need to put back the trial day to 11:00 a.m., to accommodate my lifestyle. :) I'm a late night reader, can't seem to fall asleep any earlier.

I'm just getting here myself--Hi Everybody!
Mowed half the yard, need to finish during lunch break. This trial is getting off to a bumpy start in several areas.

I wish we could watch these videos too. Like the Brad Cooper deposition.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau
Back