NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 14 cases, no gun is found after Chicago police shot someone they said was armed

This is why when witnesses say "book" and officers say "gun" I say "We'll see."
The problem isn't the books, cell phones, keys or whatever other object is being grasped from inside the pocket or behind the back...it's generally the fact they refuse to divulge what the item is, drop the item or show their hands.

I could be holding a pan of freshly baked brownies behind my back, but I'm non compliant with the police I'm going to be treated as if I have a gun...

Cops said x12 drop the gun. Wife says "come on out the car." "Keith, get out the car." X2. "Keith, don't you do it. Keith, don't you do it." She ain't talking to the cops IMO

Call for an ambulance. She was asking them to do it while she video recorded.

That struck me as odd too. She's using her phone to video and asking them if they called for EMS.

K Z didn't say call the police. K Z said call 911. I'm assuming K Z meant call 911 for EMS.

I thought she meant to call other police because the ones there were crazy.

Silly me. I would ASSume that LE has ambulance on speed dial. I guess not. Who knew

Cops said x12 drop the gun. Wife says "come on out the car." "Keith, get out the car." X2. "Keith, don't you do it. Keith, don't you do it." She ain't talking to the cops IMO

You are right. And everybody knows that. To say different is stretching and searching and trying to come up with ANYTHING to cause doubt.

JMO

The problem isn't the books, cell phones, keys or whatever other object is being grasped from inside the pocket or behind the back...it's generally the fact they refuse to divulge what the item is, drop the item or show their hands.

I could be holding a pan of freshly baked brownies behind my back, but I'm non compliant with the police I'm going to be treated as if I have a gun...

I think a police officer who can't tell the difference between a pan of freshly baked brownies and a gun has a huge problem and has chosen the wrong career. Imagine being shot simply for holding those yummy brownies! No excuses. I don't mean brandishing, complying, ignoring.

I mean the officer thought he saw a weapon, felt threatened, and shot an unarmed civilian. How many times this behavior is acceptable varies for some, but imho one is too many.

Silly me. I would ASSume that LE has ambulance on speed dial. I guess not. Who knew

I think she did exactly the right thing. Her husband was going to be shot no matter what, the cops were right there. She recorded them and saved herself. Smart woman.

You are right. And everybody knows that. To say different is stretching and searching and trying to come up with ANYTHING to cause doubt.

JMO

Yep and NOTHING anyone can say will change minds. We are divided and it sucks.

Well. Seems like I ASSumed correctly. K Z cleared it up. I knew exactly what that post meant.

Awesome, because THAT would truly be an unjustified shooting.

Why? You would be lunging for the gun to protect your hubby. That would be a no brainer as far as a justification for your death

I think she did exactly the right thing. Her husband was going to be shot no matter what, the cops were right there. She recorded them and saved herself. Smart woman.

What do you mean her husband was going to be shot no matter what?
GMAB

That struck me as odd too. She's using her phone to video and asking them if they called for EMS.

Yeah. Almost like taking that video and "interacting" with police was the most important thing to her, as her husband lay on the road shot. I can't get beyond that, personally. She seemed to care more "in the moment" about arguing with police than she did for her dying husband. That's my impression of her behavior.

Well. Seems like I ASSumed correctly. K Z cleared it up. I knew exactly what that post meant.

My mind reading must not be so good as I never am in shoot outs with LE so I don't know the protocol. No feel for it. Just continuous amazement and shock.

What do you mean her husband was going to be shot no matter what?
GMAB

Do you think there's anything she could have done that would have saved his life? What was going on between him and the officers was going on and I don't think she could have changed anything. They weren't listening to her - why would her rushing into the middle of it change anything?

Yeah. Almost like taking that video and "interacting" with police was the most important thing to her, as her husband lay on the road shot. I can't get beyond that, personally. She seemed to care more "in the moment" about arguing with police than she did for her dying husband. That's my impression of her behavior.

She called 911 during the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well when the civil suit is filed (and we all know it will be) she is going to have a hard time explaining what she was referring to when she got really animated and screamed "don't do it Keith!" "don't do it Keith!" right before the shots.

JMO

I got the exact same impression.

You would think that one of the, how many officers were there?, could pick up their handy radios and call for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think there's anything she could have done that would have saved his life? What was going on between him and the officers was going on and I don't think she could have changed anything. They weren't listening to her - why would her rushing into the middle of it change anything?

Not if his actions caused them to defend themselves. But if she was so concerned about his physical condition at the time, it seems to me that hitting three numbers on that phone would have been the logical thing to do.

There is definitely something HE could have done to save his life, and that is to drop the gun, and fully cooperate with police. He would be alive and facing decades in prison if he had only cooperated, even a little bit. His wife was urging him to "cooperate", in a very left handed way, and not to "do it"--meaning something criminal and violent.

IMO, she absolutely knew he had a gun, and was dismayed that AGAIN he had chosen to act in a criminal manner. His 14 arrests, convictions for violent crimes, and prison sentences, were no secret to her. She knew he wasn't allowed to have a gun at all. She knew his own actions were going to take him away again, at a minimum, for a long, long prison sentence, and she'd be alone again with the kids. But at least he'd be alive, and they could visit him. JMO.

He was facing a 15 year minimum sentence, just for the gun. And there would have been several other charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?