GUILTY NC - Kelly Morris, 28, Granville County, 3 Sept 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know if Scott would have been working overnight? My cousin has a garage with towing and he often spends the night at the garage if he is covering the tow truck. This would explain why he last saw her Wednesday?

Good idea Lew657. Stem is a very very small town. I'm talking maybe a stop light or two small. I would think if the only area he was covering was Stem he could reach either end of the town limits in 5 minutes max. So I see no reason he would need to be anywhere else but home - but who knows? If they were in the middle of marital issue he could have been sleep elsewhere. If on the other hand he was covering a larger area - again anything is possible. Did he own more than one tow truck? Does he have other employees? I can't find any info about his business.

Unfortunately I've been around the boards long enough to see the same scenario play out time and time again. Usually there a a few twists and turns but the story line is always the same.

Nodding. I got the same gut feeling when my mother told me (I live close by but she still lives in Granville co) about Kelly being missing,
I've also been interested (well a tad obsessed) with the psychology/forensics area of violent crime since '83 (I was 13) my sister went missing.
I'm finding it a very new experience to personally *know* the family (of course I'm not sad for us, but for what I know they *must* be going through) when looking over what transpired.
I feel it is REALLY important they find some kind of conclusion so they can move on (and help her kids heal). I understand her Dad and Mom (who were still married when I knew them) have both been intensely looking at and around the house).
Hopefully they will continue to follow their gut feelings and keep the investigators on the ball, finding out as much as they can until they have something that points to what happened.
I find the toughest part is not knowing.
Tracy

Good idea Lew657. Stem is a very very small town. I'm talking maybe a stop light or two small. I would think if the only area he was covering was Stem he could reach either end of the town limits in 5 minutes max. So I see no reason he would need to be anywhere else but home - but who knows? If they were in the middle of marital issue he could have been sleep elsewhere. If on the other hand he was covering a larger area - again anything is possible. Did he own more than one tow truck? Does he have other employees? I can't find any info about his business.

Not for sure, but there is a Scott's Towing listing in the Butner and Creedmoor phone book googled it
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&q=Scott's+Towing+creedmoor+nc&btnG=Search

Mom heard (but I can't confirm with anything solid) that his business was in Raleigh.

Does anyone know if Scott would have been working overnight? My cousin has a garage with towing and he often spends the night at the garage if he is covering the tow truck. This would explain why he last saw her Wednesday?

I truly try to look for reasonable explanations but the kids where abouts overnight make that more complicated to believe. Where did the kids spend the night (from what I've gathered, statements lead me to believe he never left the kids as he only mentions she went to look for the dog). I think if he came home to find the kids alone, or if he took them with him on the job, it would have been mentioned (correct me if I'm wrong as I might have overlooked it)

Anyway, I personally see a red flag with the simple observation that her being gone caused no disruption to the husbands average activities. (He went to work, the kids went to school.

Tracy

This whole thing seems really fishy to me with the times last seen and LE not telling who/where she was last seen.
I am a dental assistant and had a patient tell me about Kelly yesterday. He was very concerned telling me that he has known the couple for years and he actually grew up with Scott (the husband). Anyway, I decided to call the sheriffs office this am to volunteer to search tomorrow and they want me to call them at 8:30am tomorrow to join in the search party. If anyone is off work tomorrow and would like to help with the search , please call 919-693-3213 to get the location to meet. Time is of the essence here, as time goes by if she is alive she is in more danger and if she is not, evidence is being destroyed.

BTW, this happened today in the county next door to Granville where Kelly is missing. Seems really weird to me with the fire...
VANCE COUNTY, N.C. -- The body of Geneva Parham was found in the burned remains of a house fire in Vance County today after her and her husband fought earlier today. Her husband, Robert Parham is being held on assault charges.

Neighbors told investigators that the house has a history of domestic violence, and that the couple was fighting this morning. Neighbors said that the fire erupted shortly after Robert left the building.

Geneva's body was taken to the state coroners office at UNC.

STEM, NC (WTVD) -- Granville County Sheriff David Smith says his department will get some outside help in its search for a missing mother.

Law enforcement from other agencies will assist in a major search on Friday for Kelly Currin Morris, according to the sheriff.

The mother of two went missing last week Thursday, the same day her home mysteriously caught fire off Tump Wilkins Road in Stem. The SBI and the ATF are still investigating the exact cause of the blaze. Investigators won't say whether the fire is linked to her disappearance. Morris' husband was said to be at work at the time of the blaze while their daughters were in school.

Kelly Currin Morris' vehicle was discovered less than a mile from her home with her purse, keys and cell phone locked inside. Investigators said her husband William Scott Morris was the last to see her before her disappearance. She was reportedly wearing denim jeans and a t-shirt.

"We're still treating it as missing person case, " said Sheriff David Smith when asked whether foul play was a factor in Morris' disappearance. "As time goes on, we'll take a look at the situation."

Smith said his investigators are also paying close attention to community speculation about the case.

"We know when tragedy happens there are rumors," Smith added, saying it could hurt the investigation if he disclosed details about the case. Instead he encouraged the community to have confidence in law enforcement and to help with the search.

Six detectives are assigned to the case. They spent the day searching several undisclosed locations on Thursday. A special K9 unit will likely be used on Friday as part of the multi-agency search.

I certainly hope this story has a happy ending and/or that Kelly left on her own. However, it seems to me like something bad has happened.

I know that this doesn't help the search, but has anybody else been struck by Kelly's look in the photos? She's so pretty, but her smile doesn't reach her eyes. To me, she looks profoundly sad in the photos I've seen.

Bless any of you Websleuthers that are assisting in the physical search for Kelly.

I'll pray for a happy ending.

fran

FWIW, this is a good thing in this investigation, imho. This now means there will be Federal agents involved as well as insurance investigators. I believe, whoever is responsible for this entire mess, will be caught!

JMHO
fran

PS......wonder if the hubby has lawyered up yet!?:rolleyes:...fran

Fire at missing Granville woman's house ruled arson

Stem, N.C. — Granville County authorities say they now consider the fire at a missing woman's house to be arson.

......................snip......................

Authorities do not have any suspects in the fire and are still treating Morris' disappearance as a missing person's case.

An active search is still under way to find her.

<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3536667/

Thanks Fran I came to make sure this info had been posted and I just knew you'd have it done :blowkiss:

I'm going to help with the search tomorrow and report back anything new I can find out from LE.

Even if her family or friends hadn't talked to her or seen Kelly since Wed's night it doesn't mean that she wasn't alive on Thrusday morn. I would like to know who got the girls ready for school or if the little girls remember seeing their mom on Thurs morn. If mom wasn't home on Thurs morn then why didn't the husband report her missing then?

I find it really interesting that Kelly's mom believes that she is no longer alive. Mom knows something that we don't know for a fact. If Scott was the upstanding husband that some say he was it seems to me that mom would be singing his praises and have hope for her daughter. Instead mom says that the whole year has been difficult. It sounds like Kelly talked to her mom about the difficulities in the marriage.

Sounds like something happened to Kelly in the home and then she was moved somewhere else and her car and belongings were also moved to make it look like someone else was involved in her missing. Then the house is set on fire to cover the crime. Now that it is known to be arson it won't be long until the guilty party is discovered. It is amazing what can be seen in a burned out house. Those professionals can find evidence in burned out houses that we wouldn't even notice.

I hope that Kelly is found soon. I hope that she is alive but I really don't think so and like most others here I think we will see a repeat of many other domestic murders...same story...different names.

Just thought of this...if they divorced would Kelly get half of the business? Would he either have to buy her out or sell? Is that state a community property state? If so, I wonder if that created problems??????

By Gerrick Brenner

STEM (WTVD) -- Kelly Currin Morris, the Granville County woman who vanished last week after her house caught fire is still missing Friday night but investigators have ruled the house fire from her house, arson.

The Granville County Sheriff's department has called in help to re-focus this search for Kelly. Eight days after she went missing they are, in effect, are starting over. About 120 people, professionals and volunteers, are searching for Kelly.

Danny Roberts, a family friend, offered, "It's been unusual because it's tugged at a lot of people's hearts."

Kelly went missing September 4th, the same day her house went up in flames. Her car was found locked a few blocks away with her purse, cell phone, and keys locked inside.
Story continues below
Advertisement

Kelly is married with two children.

Friends are convinced she would not run away.

Lynn Carden, a long time friend, stated, "To me she's a family oriented person. She wouldn't leave her two little girls."

Some of Kelly's friends are starting to wonder about her husband, Scott Morris, who has not been seen in the search effort.

One of them approached us with posters of Kelly's picture, as we knocked at the home of Scott's parents and stated, "He's probably the only one that knows anything."

Arson investigators were back at the Morris home today. But search organizers say weather has hindered the effort.

Kelly's friends remain hopeful, even as she has been gone for 8-days

Searchers and investigators hope that by the close of operations tomorrow, they will have eliminated a three mile radius around the residence stating that at this point they have no clues.

It really saddens me to see the media in our area not cover this missing person case as much as they should. I helped with the search for Kelly today and I would really love to see more able bodies help with our search tomorrow.
Family and friends of Kelly Morris, along with any volunteers will be meeting tomorrow Saturday, September 13th at 9am
Granville Central High School&#8206; -
2043 Sanders Road, Stem, NC
for continued search.
Thank you for your help
-Kim

Two media briefings will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. at Granville Central High School, 2043 Sanders Road.

Even if her family or friends hadn't talked to her or seen Kelly since Wed's night it doesn't mean that she wasn't alive on Thrusday morn. I would like to know who got the girls ready for school or if the little girls remember seeing their mom on Thurs morn. If mom wasn't home on Thurs morn then why didn't the husband report her missing then?

I find it really interesting that Kelly's mom believes that she is no longer alive. Mom knows something that we don't know for a fact. If Scott was the upstanding husband that some say he was it seems to me that mom would be singing his praises and have hope for her daughter. Instead mom says that the whole year has been difficult. It sounds like Kelly talked to her mom about the difficulities in the marriage.

Sounds like something happened to Kelly in the home and then she was moved somewhere else and her car and belongings were also moved to make it look like someone else was involved in her missing. Then the house is set on fire to cover the crime. Now that it is known to be arson it won't be long until the guilty party is discovered. It is amazing what can be seen in a burned out house. Those professionals can find evidence in burned out houses that we wouldn't even notice.

I hope that Kelly is found soon. I hope that she is alive but I really don't think so and like most others here I think we will see a repeat of many other domestic murders...same story...different names.

Just thought of this...if they divorced would Kelly get half of the business? Would he either have to buy her out or sell? Is that state a community property state? If so, I wonder if that created problems??????

I met Kelly's stepmother today during the search and it just broke my heart. I do not want to be the one to get the flame rollin, but I gota tell ya, the last person Kelly spoke to on the phone before she went missing stated that she could hear Scott (her husband) yelling in the background at both her and her two girls. This really doesn't look very good for Scott. I just pray we are able to find her this weekend. Oh, and yes you could get half of a business here in NC and she already owns half as well.

Thanks Fran I came to make sure this info had been posted and I just knew you'd have it done :blowkiss:

I'm going to help with the search tomorrow and report back anything new I can find out from LE.

Topsail Girl:

IF you see this before you go out searching, do you know anyone who could make a plea for more help!?

Bless you for your help in looking for this missing mother.

Bless anyone else who has already lent a hand.

This case doesn't look good, I'm afraid.:(

JMHO
fran

FWIW, interesting that Kelly's family is looking for her, ie meaning her dad and such, yet her husband is NOT involved in the search? Word has it he was driving around, Butner(?) by himself in the past few days.

Wonder how long it's been since he's talked to LE?:confused:

I know, I know,.......I'm talkin' like I suspect the husband.:rolleyes:

:(
fran

I met Kelly's stepmother today during the search and it just broke my heart. I do not want to be the one to get the flame rollin, but I gota tell ya, the last person Kelly spoke to on the phone before she went missing stated that she could hear Scott (her husband) yelling in the background at both her and her two girls. This really doesn't look very good for Scott. I just pray we are able to find her this weekend. Oh, and yes you could get half of a business here in NC and she already owns half as well.

Like others have said, same story just the names have changed.

and so it goes.

:(
fran

PS......did you all notice there was another case just Thursday. In the ashes of a home fire, the charred body of a mother was found. Her 'estranged' husband was seen shortly before the fire broke out, leaving the scene. The fire has been determined 'arson,' the husband is now in custody for first degree murder and arson....Geneva Parham, Vance County, North Carolina.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back