GUILTY NC - Kelly Morris, 28, Granville County, 3 Sept 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is all via BASIC search. I could be wrong on any of this, but here is what I can tell, best I can tell-

His name isn't Scott, his legal name is William Scott Morris. He was born in 1974.

Here are the details of his business from NC Secretary of State

http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/Corp.aspx?PitemId=8130656

That is where I found his real name. Used a different search to find his birth year.

I'll let you know if I find more.

*He doesn't show up on NC DOC, so if he has been incarcerated, he has gotten out of it, or he wasn't in enough trouble to be locked up.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6392778

By Tamara Gibbs
GRANVILLE COUNTY (WTVD) -- With the official search for Kelly Currin Morris suspended, Granville County investigators and the State Bureau of Investigation have teamed up to figure out what happened to the missing mother of two.
Professional search and rescue workers from various agencies spent the weekend canvassing rural Granville County.
Morris went missing September 4, the same day her home mysteriously caught fire off Tump Wilkins Road in Stem. Morris' husband was said to be at work at the time of the blaze while their daughters were in school.
Forensic tests suggest the fire was the work of an arsonist. Investigators have named William "Scott" Morris as a person of interest in the fire and his wife's disappearance.
Story continues below
Advertisement

"We continue to investigate," said Sheriff David Smith, "But, as time goes on, the bleaker things begin to appear."
Smith declined to comment on whether Scott Morris was cooperating with the investigation. Eyewitness News has learned Morris has spoken with investigators several times since his wife's disappearance.
Her vehicle was discovered less than a mile from the couple's home with Kelly's purse, keys and cell phone locked inside. Investigators said her husband William Scott Morris was the last to see her before her disappearance. Kelly Currin Morris was reportedly headed to a new job in Raleigh but never arrived.
On Monday, relatives and a dozen volunteers continued to search several wooded areas in Granville County in hopes of finding any evidence linked to her disappearance. A team of trackers plan to search the entire week without the help of law enforcement.
"We're not giving up," said Juanita Currin, Morris' stepmother, "We're not giving up until we find her."

herald sun http://heraldsun.southernheadlines.com/granville/11-989535.cfm?

Husband of missing woman called a person of interest

BY WILLIAM F. WEST : The [Henderson] Daily Dispatch
Sep 16, 2008

STEM -- The husband of vanished southern Granville County woman Kelly Currin Morris is considered a person of interest in the case, but the county's top law enforcement official is not disclosing why.

"You know I'm not going to say that," Sheriff David Smith said Monday. "And I'm going to leave it at that."

Scott Morris was not at his tow truck service when the Dispatch phoned there earlier in the day Monday. And Morris did not respond to a message left with the business requesting comment.

Smith said Morris officially became a person of interest Friday, after the State Bureau of Investigation concluded arson was the cause of the Sept. 4 fire at the Morris residence, which is at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road southeast of Stem.

"He has been talked to several, several, several times," Smith said of Morris.

"We've been looking at some other people, too," Smith said when asked about additional individuals possibly being considered persons of interest.

Smith declined to name any other people.

Morris has not been administered a polygraph examination, Smith said.

Smith has been careful about the release of information, citing the ongoing probe and the effort to find Kelly Morris, 28.

Kelly Morris' car, a 2005 Honda Accord, was found not long after the fire and abandoned about a mile away from the residence. Her cell phone, keys and purse were in the car, authorities have said.

She had just gotten a job with Nationwide Insurance in Raleigh.

Anyone with any information is urged to call Granville County Crime Stoppers at (919) 693-3100, call the Sheriff's Department at (919) 693-3213 or approach the nearest law enforcement officer.

Kelly Currin Morris, 28 her car was found with her keys, purse and Cell phone inside. The house she and her husband lived in was burned to the ground. She is a mother of 2. In North Carolina this is a big case covered by many news outlets. Her husband, William Morris, is a person of interest in the case. Granville search continues for missing woman
News & Observer, NC - 10 minutes ago
Later that afternoon, Kelly Morris was reported missing after authorities and family members tried to reach her at Nationwide Insurance's home office in ...

Husband of missing woman called a person of interest
Durham Herald Sun, NC - 11 hours ago
Smith has been careful about the release of information, citing the ongoing probe and the effort to find Kelly Morris, 28. Kelly Morris' car, a 2005 Honda ...

Arson behind missing woman's house blaze
Durham Herald Sun, NC - Sep 12, 2008
Kelly Morris' mother, Wanda Hollis of Hillsborough, on Wednesday told The Dispatch that her "gut feeling" is her daughter is dead. ...

Arson declared in Kelly Morris search
abc11tv.com, NC - Sep 12, 2008
By Gerrick Brenner STEM (WTVD) -- Kelly Currin Morris, the Granville County woman who vanished last week after her house caught fire is still missing Friday ...

Fire at missing Granville woman's house ruled arson
NC WANTED, NC - Sep 12, 2008
Granville County authorities say they now consider the fire at a missing woman's house to be arson. Kelly Morris, 28, was reported missing more than a week ...

Fire At Missing Woman's Home Deemed Arson
NBC 17.com, NC - Sep 12, 2008
Granville County Sheriff David Smith said a fire at the home of Kelly Morris has been deemed arson. Kelly Currin Morris, 28, was last seen at her home Sept. ...

Mother thinks missing daughter is dead
Durham Herald Sun, NC - Sep 10, 2008
BY WILLIAM F. WEST : The [Henderson] Daily Dispatch STEM -- The mother of a 28-year-old southern Granville County woman who has been missing for a week says ...

Search continues for missing woman
Durham Herald Sun, NC - Sep 10, 2008
Published news reports have said that family and friends had last heard from Kelly Morris on the night of Sept. 3. Those same reports have quoted her father ...

Sherriff: Team Not Giving Up On Search For Missing Woman
NBC 17.com, NC - Sep 10, 2008
Wanda Hollis, mother of missing woman Kelly Morris, is holding on to hope that her daughter is okay. Photo By: NBC17 By Paul Matadeen GRANVILLE COUNTY, ...

Granville Co. Sheriff Comments On Missing Woman Case
NBC 17.com, NC - Sep 10, 2008
By Paul Matadeen OXFORD, NC -- Granville County Sheriff David Smith says his agency, the State Bureau of Investigation, and a host of other volunteers and ...

Search Continues for Missing Stem Mom
NC WANTED, NC - Sep 10, 2008
Family members and friends of Kelly Morris, also assisted in the search and distributed fliers in the neighborhood while holding onto hope that the ...

Search Expands For Missing Granville Co. Woman
NBC 17.com, NC - Sep 9, 2008
Crews searched on horseback and on foot along the one-mile stretch between the charred Morris home and the undeveloped neighborhood where Kelly Morris’ car ...

Volunteers continue search for Granville woman
abc11tv.com, NC - Sep 9, 2008
By Anthony Wilson STEM, NC (WTVD) -- The search continues Tuesday morning for a missing woman in Granville County. Kelly Morris, 28, hasn't been seen since ...

Missing mom mystery continues
WRAL.com, NC - Sep 9, 2008
The State Bureau of Investigation has joined the Granville County Sheriff's Office to help find Kelly Morris, 28. Investigators searched for her in southern ...

Granville sheriff, SBI meet on missing mom case
WRAL.com, NC - Sep 8, 2008
Police found Kelly Morris's car, keys, purse and cell phone about a mile away from her home Thursday, shortly after firefighters responded to a fire at her ...

News Travels Fast
WRAL.com, NC - Sep 5, 2008
One of their own, the mother of two small children, is missing. 28-year-old Kelly Morris never made it to work in Raleigh Thursday. ...

Granville Detectives Investigating Missing Persons Report
NBC 17.com, NC - Sep 5, 2008
If anyone has any information regarding the disappearance of Kelly Morris, contact the Granville County Sheriff's Office in Oxford. ...

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1220650.html

Granville search continues for missing woman

"We have conducted aerial searches, water searches, searches on horseback and with dogs," Smith said.

Law officers have also issued a statewide alert for the missing woman, while "a world of volunteers" have plastered flyers with the missing woman's photo throughout the county.

The missing woman's husband, William Scott Morris, 34, was the last person to see her alive, Smith said.

"He was the last person to see her alive Wednesday night at their home," Smith said. "She was allegedly going to find a pet dog that had got outside we think, around 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m."

Smith said the pet Chihuahua showed back up, but there's has been no sign of Kelly Morris.

Sheriff's deputies found Kelly Morris' car less than a mile from her home in a new housing development that's under construction, Smith said.

On Sept. 4, about 11:15 a.m., firefighters with the Stem and Providence fire departments and Butner Public Safety responded to a fire at the Morris home at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road. The house is in a rural part of the county that was formerly farmland but has recently been the scene of new housing developments, Smith said.

The couple's two daughters, ages 8 and 5, were in school when the fire broke out. William Morris told investigators he was at work. (The sheriff said William Morris works at a service station in Creedmoor and also owns a wrecker service.)

Later that afternoon, Kelly Morris was reported missing after authorities and family members tried to reach her at Nationwide Insurance's home office in Raleigh. Morris had started working in Raleigh less than a month ago. She worked a second job as site manager for the Morning Glory Apartments complex in Butner.

just another update from wral
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3556519/
Search continues for missing Granville County mom

3504716-1220890598-220x165.jpg

Posted: Today at 4:20 p.m.
Updated: Today at 7:09 p.m.
Stem, N.C. — Family and friends continued the search on Tuesday for a missing Granville County woman, amid the revelation that the woman’s husband is a person of interest in her death

Kelly Morris, 28, was last seen the night of Sept. 3 by her husband, Scott Morris, and two children at her home at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road in Stem, according to the Granville County sheriff’s office.

The next day police found Morris's burgundy 2005 Honda Accord keys, purse and cell phone in an undeveloped subdivision, shortly after firefighters responded to a fire at the home.

Investigators say there was no sign that Morris was in the home when it burned. At the time of the fire, Scott Morris was at work and their two children were at school, authorities said. The fire was ruled as arson.

The Granville County Sheriff confirmed Monday that Scott Morris is a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife. He has not made any public statements since his wife disappeared and has not returned repeated phone calls by WRAL.

When asked about Scott Morris, Kelly Morris’ family members on Tuesday would only say they are focused on “finding Kelly.”

Family members did say Scott Morris has not joined the hundreds of volunteers who have been searching for Kelly Morris.

“We’ve got a wonderful community. We’ve got a lot of people whose hearts are broken and who are committed to trying to find Kelly,” said Juanita Currin, Kelly Morris’ stepmother.

Currin said family members fear the worst because they believe Kelly Morris would never leave her family, especially without saying goodbye.

“We’re committed and we’re not going to give up until we find Kelly,” Currin said.
On Sunday, the sheriff’s office called its specialty groups off the search for Kelly Morris.

Granville County sheriff's investigators are asking anyone with information about the fire or Morris' disappearance to contact them at 919-693-3213.

I spoke with a long time friend of Scott Morris today that stated that Kelly's mother took off and left her father for 2 years without anyone knowing where Wanda and Kelly was. Has anyone else heard about this? Is it true that Wanda Hollis (her mother) took a trip away when her child was little and maybe history is repeating itself??? This is just getting more weird by the day.

http://mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com/2008/09/kelly-currin-morris.html

As if scripted from a handbook, another mother vanishes in North Carolina and her husband is declared by law enforcment a "person of interest." Following in the same pattern as those before, Scott Morris has not participated in searches for his wife, has not given a straight story, and according to local gossip has threatened Kelly Currin Morris in the past.

Kelly Currin Morris has been missing since September 3 from her home in Stem, NC, a small, rural town near the Raleigh/Durham area. Authorities may not have known she was missing, but on the morning of September 4 the home she shared with her husband, Scott, and two young daughters was on fire. It has been stated that it was the result of arson.

Kelly's mother, Wanda Hollis, holds on to hope for her daughter as she participates in searches. She stated in an interview with MSNBC those words we have heard over and over:

"Kelly would not leave her girls; she would not leave her girls," Hollis said. Morris has two daughters who are staying with family as authorities are searching for their mother.

Kelly is described by local friends as being an "awsome" mother who was dedicated to her daughters. She participated in all of their activities, and was an all around great mom to her girls, one from a previous relationship.

Just like the others, Kelly's car was found nearby, she has no purse, money, keys or cell phone in her posession, they were all left behind. Scott Morris told authorities that she went to look for her dog, and never returned, an unlikely story.

Borrowing a phrase from another blogger, Kelly Morris's vanishing is another chapter written in the "Handbook of Spousal Murder". I hope this isn't the case, just as in all the other cases, but the script is sounding so very familiar.

Take a look at other North Carolina cases where mothers have vanished, like Nancy Cooper and Janet Arbaroa. The signs and evidence are there, there have been no arrests, the husbands have carried on with life, and these women are still missing. There are too many children out there that have to deal with this heartbreak

How can we write a chapter for them, if we can't bring their mothers home?

http://peace4missing.ning.com/group...pic:9301&page=1&commentId=2153128:Comment:930

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7546

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/09/looking_for_the_dog_the_disapp.php

http://butnerblogspot.wordpress.com/2008/09/09/kelly-morris-disappearance-remains-a-mystery/

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=36917&st=0&#entry11079679

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1221606.htmlSearch continues for missing Granville woman

Published: Sep 17, 2008 12:30 AM
Modified: Sep 17, 2008 06:13 AM

Thomasi Mcdonald, Staff Writer Comment on this story
Granville County sheriff's deputies are continuing a nearly round-the-clock search that started two weeks ago for a woman who was reported missing hours after her home in Stem burned to the ground.The woman's husband is "a person of interest" in the case, Granville Sheriff David Smith said.
Investigators with the State Bureau of Investigation and U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms searched Kelly Currin Morris' burned home and determined that the fire was intentionally set, Smith said.
Meanwhile, sheriff's deputies and a host of volunteers have searched the southern end of Granville County since Morris, a 28-year-old married mother of two young daughters, was reported missing.
"We have conducted aerial searches, water searches, searches on horseback and with dogs," Smith said.
Authorities have also issued a statewide alert for the missing woman, while "a world of volunteers" have plastered fliers with the missing woman's photo throughout the county.
Her husband, William Scott Morris, 34, was the last person to see her alive, Smith said.
"She was allegedly going to find a pet dog that had got outside we think," he said. Smith said the pet Chihuahua returned but there has been no sign of Kelly Morris.
Sheriff's deputies found Kelly Morris' car less than a mile from her home in a new housing development, Smith said.
On Sept. 4, about 11:15 a.m., firefighters responded to a fire at the Morris home at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road. The couple's two daughters, ages 8 and 5, were in school when the fire broke out. William Morris told investigators he was at work.
Later that afternoon, Kelly Morris was reported missing after authorities and family members tried to reach her at Nationwide Insurance's home office in Raleigh, where she had started working less than a month ago. She worked a second job as site manager for the Morning Glory Apartments complex in Butner.
The couple did not have a history of domestic violence, nor were there any other signs of marital discord before Kelly Morris was reported missing, Smith said.
Anyone with information about Kelly Morris' whereabouts is urged to call the Granville County Sheriff's Office at (919) 693-3213.
thomasi.mcdonald@newsobserver .com or (919) 829-4533

I spoke with a long time friend of Scott Morris today that stated that Kelly's mother took off and left her father for 2 years without anyone knowing where Wanda and Kelly was. Has anyone else heard about this? Is it true that Wanda Hollis (her mother) took a trip away when her child was little and maybe history is repeating itself??? This is just getting more weird by the day.

Oh, I guess we're just doing 'second generation' now. Stacy Peterson's mom disappeared without a trace too. Her hubby made sure everyone was aware of that one.

I do NOT think Kelly is repeating her mom.

I think her husband did something bad to her. We'll probably never find her though since he already said he 'could put you in a well and no one will ever find you.':eek:

JMHO
fran

I don't claim to know exactly what happened but I speculated this most recent rumor and (IMHO) it's not even the same realm of psychology of a mom that disappears leaving her kids.

I agree with Fran that it sounds (to me) like a way to redirect - "hey, look at that shiny thing over there".

Further, I keep coming back to, it just doesn't explain his actions of not reporting her (after an overnight of her being missing) and not being involved in her search.

And apparently Wanda took her kids. I'm getting the sense that Kelly would have too if she were just taking off.

Anybody made anything of her keys being locked inside the car? You don't do that on purpose yourself.

I am just wondering when LE is going to interview Scotts hunting buddies and find out his hunting spots. My husband was a member of a hunting club off Range Rd. in Granville county and I remember there being an old open well there, which hubby tells me they are all over the place there. It would be nice to get some idea of where to really start. I have always thought, if he did it she is either in a well or in a junk yard :( Yea, my husband even said if he would ever kill me, he would throw me in a well!!! :furious: I suppose it would be a pretty prefect place to hide a decomposing body.

And apparently Wanda took her kids. I'm getting the sense that Kelly would have too if she were just taking off.

Personally I'd rather treat that as a rumor because I haven't heard any factual evidence that support that accusation.
I lived in the area and I, nor my mom, nor my sister (who lives in Stem) had heard this rumor until now. And you know how small towns can be.

The thing I couldn't get past is, I kinda think if a child went missing and *no one knew where they were for 2 years*, there would be some ripple of talk/gossip in the community that many would remember.
There's no way I can see that not happening. In NC, the compulsory school age is 7, so after that you have teachers that would miss them, but of course there would be other people wondering where the kids were, besides the obvious family and friends if she used daycare, or went to church, doctor, ect

I could be wrong but *I* think it's a perpetuated report of whatever happened during the parents' separation/divorce.

Personally I'd rather treat that as a rumor because I haven't heard any factual evidence that support that accusation.
I lived in the area and I, nor my mom, nor my sister (who lives in Stem) had heard this rumor until now. And you know how small towns can be.

The thing I couldn't get past is, I kinda think if a child went missing and *no one knew where they were for 2 years*, there would be some ripple of talk/gossip in the community that many would remember.
There's no way I can see that not happening. In NC, the compulsory school age is 7, so after that you have teachers that would miss them, but of course there would be other people wondering where the kids were, besides the obvious family and friends if she used daycare, or went to church, doctor, ect

I could be wrong but *I* think it's a perpetuated report of whatever happened during the parents' separation/divorce.

I gota be honest with you, I am pretty sure this is a lie. This person that told me about Kellys mother running off os the same person that told me Scott already took a polygraph ( we know this isn't true) and that Scotts car was seized this Monday. This may have been a product of rumors he heard, I dont know.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3561458/
Vigil planned for missing Granville County mom

3504716-1220890598-220x165.jpg

Posted: Sep. 17 1:41 p.m.
Stem, N.C. — Family and friends announced a vigil to pray for the safe return of a Granville County woman who has been missing since Sept. 4.

Kelly Morris, 28, was last seen the night of Sept. 3 by her husband, Scott Morris, and two children at her home at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road in Stem, according to the Granville County sheriff’s office.

The next day police found Morris's burgundy 2005 Honda Accord keys, purse and cell phone in an undeveloped subdivision, shortly after firefighters responded to a fire at the home.
The vigil will be held Friday at 7 p.m. at the First Baptist Church in Creedmoor.

Investigators say there was no sign that Morris was in the home when it burned. At the time of the fire, Scott Morris was at work and their two children were at school, authorities said. The fire was ruled as arson.

The Granville County Sheriff confirmed Monday that Scott Morris is a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife. He has not made any public statements since his wife disappeared and has not returned repeated phone calls by WRAL.

When asked about Scott Morris, Kelly Morris’ family members on Tuesday would only say they are focused on “finding Kelly.”

Family members did say Scott Morris has not joined the hundreds of volunteers who have been searching for his wife.

Granville County sheriff's investigators are asking anyone with information about the fire or Morris' disappearance to contact them at 919-693-3213.

Search warrants sealed in missing mom case

"at least two search warrants in the case of a missing Granville County mother are sealed under a judge's order. According to court officials, the first order was issued on September 12.

The second order was issued on September 16. According to the judge's order, the documents will remain sealed until further notice."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6401196

Pat Currin spoke publicly for the first time Monday, saying he and his wife will continue to spearhead efforts to find their daughter Kelly.
Although the official search has ended for Kelly, her parents are not giving up.
“We know there's somebody out there that knows something that will help us. They just have to get it to us,” said Pat Currin.
Kelly’s family has continued their search efforts with volunteers; and now they want to go beyond that.
“We know hunters are in the woods now, and the four-wheeling people with their ATVs are riding in the woods,” said Currin. “We're pleading with the public to take an extra few minutes to help us find Kelly.”
The search for Kelly depends pretty much on volunteers and her dad says he is stunned and surprised at the amount of effort that some of those volunteers put into finding his daughter.
“We've had people shut down businesses and have sent all their employees [and] paid them while they were searching,” he said.
The sheriff’s office has declared Kelly's husband, Scott, a person of interest in connection with arson at the couple’s home and her disappearance. That has rattled some in this tiny town.
“We've all been very upset,” declared Stem resident Katherine Overton.
Kelly's disappearance has touched the lives of virtually everyone in the town one way or another.
“All the people in the church yesterday had prayers for the family and for the return of Kelly,” Overton said.
“We don't intend to quit. We'll search until we find her. Whatever it takes,” said her dad.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26844822/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back