GUILTY NC - Kelly Morris, 28, Granville County, 3 Sept 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMHO, if I were searching this, I think I would look at areas within a 1/2 hour drive from Butner. Especially the wooded areas and State Parks and such. Anything that can be accessed within 1/2 hour. I think it's probably less, like 20 minutes, but 30 to be certain.

It seemed that a couple of times he was gone for an hour. 20 min. to somewhere, 20 minutes to do whatever, 20 minutes to return to Butner area, serviced by Creedmoor tower.
Just a guess.
fran

Agreed (btw, I was suggesting an hour for a complete back and forth trip )

My feeling is (if he did indeed do it) there were different things in different time frames a person would have things to accomplish.
IE from most important to him to less important to achieve.

Things may have been spread out to avoid everything being found in 1 place..

She was such a pretty girl....not nice to say but he gives me the creeps.

She was such a pretty girl....not nice to say but he gives me the creeps.

Oh, thank you! That is exactly the feeling I got also when I saw his photo, *creepy!*:eek:

The longer this story goes on, the worse it gets. :(

I wish they could at least find Kelly. She doesn't deserve to be lost forever.

I hope this case doesn't end up like some of our other NC cases, 'unsolved.' I want LE to get the goods on the perp and put him in jail for the rest of his life! :mad:

JMHO
fran

Oh, thank you! That is exactly the feeling I got also when I saw his photo, *creepy!*:eek:

The longer this story goes on, the worse it gets. :(

I wish they could at least find Kelly. She doesn't deserve to be lost forever.

I hope this case doesn't end up like some of our other NC cases, 'unsolved.' I want LE to get the goods on the perp and put him in jail for the rest of his life! :mad:

JMHO
fran

I hope he feels the pain that he may have put her through and dies in the same indigent way she probably did !!!!!!!! :furious:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3626134/
<snip>
Morris' family members said they will selling t-shirts this weekend for $15 to raise money for search efforts. They will be selling the t-shirts in Creedmoor and surrounding areas.
Granville County sheriff's deputies and volunteers planned to do a big search in the area of Brassfield Road in Creedmoor Saturday.
On Friday, investigators found a gas can in a swampy area along Brassfield area. Authorities said believe the gas can might have come from the Morris house.
The sheriff's office has named Scott Morris a person of interest in the case and labeled the house fire as arson. A search warrant details inconsistencies in his account of his actions after his wife disappeared and the statements of several others.
Granville County sheriff's investigators are asking anyone with information about the fire or Morris' disappearance to call 919-693-3213.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3626134/

<snip>

Granville County sheriff's deputies and volunteers searched around Brassfield Road in Creedmoor on Saturday."We've searched everything," Pat Currin, Morris' father, said. "We've rode every perimeter, every shoreline from Highway 50 all the way to 85 and beyond."
On Friday, volunteers found a gas can in a swampy area along Brassfield. Authorities said they believe the gas can might have come from the Morris house.

Morris’ father Pat Currin said one of his construction company’s orange workshirts were found next to the can. Currin said his daughter would have had a shirt like that.

“It had the same nametag that ours has but the ‘Currin’ was torn out,” Currin said Saturday.
Investigators, though, said there was nothing to prove the shirt was from Currin Construction Company.

The sheriff's office has named Scott Morris a person of interest in the case and labeled the house fire as arson. A search warrant details inconsistencies in his account of his actions after his wife disappeared and the statements of several others.
Scott Morris has not been apart of the search for his wife and has not indicated to family members why he has not participated.

Currin said the couple had marital issues. Kelly Morris and her two children stayed at Currin’s house for three weeks in June.

“We’ve got hope that we’re going to find her alright, but we’re looking the other way, too,” Currin said.

Volunteers and family will continue their search of the area on Sunday.

It's pretty clear to me that the husband harmed his wife and has dumped her body somewhere. I wonder if that swamp area has even been searched for her body? Maybe he dumped her there along with the gas can and the shirt.

If LE really wanted to find out if that shirt came from the construction company they could. They do it all of the time of the crime shows on TV.
They can send it to a lab that can trace the batch it came from right down to who bought shirts from that batch of material. They would check the dye lots, etc. There would only be certain people who would have those shirts from that particular construction co. I wonder if there was blood or anything on the shirt. I wonder too if the husband had a shirt like that and he got gas on it when he set the house on fire and that is why he dumped the shirt too.

I look for an arrest down the line. I hope they find Kelly so her family can lay her to rest. Why is murder the answer to everything with a lot of these men?
Don't they realize that they usually end up in prison :furious:

I'm new to this forum, but this case has intrigued me since it's so close to my home.

My father in law's neighbor used to own trucks with Scott. He said he was madly in love with Kelly and that he caught her cheating before and again this time. This is just hear say, but sounds like it's a case of nobody else can't have you unless I can type of thing.

He also said that he did run over someone a few years ago at a bar and killed the guy.

It's so sad for Kelly's family and those children. Scott is most definately hiding something. His stories just have so many inconsistensies.

I am glad that finally there are some leads on this case.

Thanks for the link above!

I am glad that finally there are some leads on this case.

I am so hopeful they will get closure. Any of the things they've discovered could have a critical fiber or traceable element that will bust it wide open.
Of course more evidence is always better.

The latest information release has answered so many of the questions I had floating around in my head, including, how the heck did that fire start.

Gas can and shirt.

Not good.

*shakes head*

Part of staging, alleged flight after arson.:mad:

Gas cans for fuel for the fire, shirt LIKE Kelly would have in her possession. Mysteriously name was CUT OUT.

What a coinky-dink!:rolleyes:

And Kelly is missing without a trace.

JMHO
fran

It is disappointing to watch a missing person/murder case die in the press, while the perp is free to get on with his life.

It is becoming apparent to me that a man doesn't even have to be very careful or clever to get away with murdering a wife or girlfriend.

Susan

It is disappointing to watch a missing person/murder case die in the press, while the perp is free to get on with his life.

It is becoming apparent to me that a man doesn't even have to be very careful or clever to get away with murdering a wife or girlfriend.

Susan

Boy, isn't that the truth. I can't even count the number of these cases I've followed that have faded to black. The victim is still missing and the NOT suspect gets away with 'murder,' IMHO.

So sad and disheartening,
:(
fran

PS...........it is interesting the POI is following the searchers around. He couldn't be worried could he?:rolleyes:

:(
...PS...........it is interesting the POI is following the searchers around. He couldn't be worried could he?:rolleyes:

Maybe he's having second thoughts about where he dumped her. Wonder if he'll try to sneak out later and move or further destroy the body?

I wish we had a local to watch and tell us if he leaves his house tonight. Hope the cops are on the ball!

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back