GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are going to be arraigned today. I wonder if the news station will carry it?

What gets me angry is that this man and woman had these little children in their custody, while the mother (now deceased at the hands of these criminals), is trying to keep up with her work and visit her children regularly. Can you imagine, as a mom, knowing these people have your kids and you have to work with them in order to see your boys? Grrr.....

This whole situation is sickening to me! I think the judge should have had a clue when he discovered that LA was living with the father's parents. Does that not seem awkward? GH's parents were allowing LA to live in their home with boys, at least for a while during the early days of the custody dispute.

So now we find out that GH was volatile person....and apparently his new wife was too. I just can't believe this.

a MOD from another (local) forum discussing LA received a message from GH prior to his arrest:

<snip>"I did not murder Laura Jean Ackerson

If you want to avoid taking this any further then remove these forum threads from your website and removed any further topics that are related to me in the future. I am aware of who most of these people are and where they work..."</snip>​

WS mods feel free to remove this if you'd rather not have it posted here. The MOD mentioned above refused GH's request.

a MOD from another (local) forum discussing LA received a message from GH prior to his arrest:

<snip>"I did not murder Laura Jean Ackerson

If you want to avoid taking this any further then remove these forum threads from your website and removed any further topics that are related to me in the future. I am aware of who most of these people are and where they work..."</snip>​

WS mods feel free to remove this if you'd rather not have it posted here. The MOD mentioned above refused GH's request.

Well i see that he had the need to follow public opinion. Thats quite telling. moo

This is alarming pattern of kiling mothers of children by husbands or fathers of the kids. It would seem this might be higher than national average. I wonder why.

This is alarming pattern of kiling mothers of children by husbands or fathers of the kids. It would seem this might be higher than national average. I wonder why.

I said this awhile back, this area certainly seems to have it's share of dead, young mothers IMO. We haven't even finished the Jason Young trial, not begun Raven Abora, and now there is another one in line.

Fort Bend Chief Deputy Craig Brady said it appears Ackerson was killed in North Carolina and taken to Texas, where her dismembered body was found scattered in three spots.

Authorities recovered a machete and other items from Amanda Hayes&#8217; sister&#8217;s house. The sister does not face charges, according to Texas authorities, who said there&#8217;s no indication that she had any knowledge of what happened.​
[LINK]

Also, more confusion in the reporting. One article cited that the remains were recovered in Oyster Creek, TX - 60 miles south of Houston. That is incorrect.

The actual Oyster Creek waterways is 52 miles long and originates a few hundred feet from AH's sister's house. The remains were recovered near AH's sister's house in Richmond, TX.

I can't seem to find his facebook page? How did you find it?

Gracie, check under Grant Haze--not Hayes. That's how I found it. I think he uses Haze as his artistic or stage name.

Here is another article which adds some info to the timeline:

Nine On Your Side spoke with Brady, who says Grant Hayes and his wife Amanda bought a number of ice chests and a U-haul in North Carolina.

He says just a few days ago, they drove Ackerson's dismembered body from North Carolina to Oyster Creek in Texas.

Brady says Amanda Hayes' sister lives next to the creek, where detectives found a machete in an out-building that they believe was used in the murder of Laura Ackerson.​
[LINK]

Since the sister has been cleared at this point of any knowledge or involvement, its very likely that GH and AH made this trip under the auspice of visiting AM's sister with their newborn, and in the wake of their mother's death/funeral in Colorado in June (AH I imagine could not attend due to having just given birth).

Here is another article which adds some info to the timeline:

Nine On Your Side spoke with Brady, who says Grant Hayes and his wife Amanda bought a number of ice chests and a U-haul in North Carolina.

He says just a few days ago, they drove Ackerson's dismembered body from North Carolina to Oyster Creek in Texas.

Brady says Amanda Hayes' sister lives next to the creek, where detectives found a machete in an out-building that they believe was used in the murder of Laura Ackerson.​
[LINK]

Since the sister has been cleared at this point of any knowledge or involvement, its very likely that GH and AH made this trip under the auspice of visiting AM's sister with their newborn, and in the wake of their mother's death/funeral in Colorado in June (AH I imagine could not attend due to having just given birth).

Thanks for the updates JBR. This whole thing just makes me sick. It's hard enough to think that a man can dismember a woman or any other human but to think that his wife--the mother of his newborn--had a hand in it is more than I can stand.
It's difficult to believe, too, that they traveled from Raleigh to Texas with her dismembered body in coolers? Am I reading that correctly?
Much praise to both the RPD and their counterparts in Texas for their swift action in this case. I hope it is airtight.

What happens to to all of their children now? Those poor kids.

Just a guess that Grant and Patsy Hayes would keep them. From what I have read, Grant Jr (GH's father) is a preacher. Also, AH has a grown daughter, not sure how grown. And then there is Jason Ackerson, Laura's brother. He is speaking now on camera on WTVD.

Thanks for the updates JBR. This whole thing just makes me sick. It's hard enough to think that a man can dismember a woman or any other human but to think that his wife--the mother of his newborn--had a hand in it is more than I can stand.

BBM, me too. I am usually one of the first to give benefit of the doubt, but the more I read and discovered - about AH in particular (an unusual and opportunistic person with a shady track record) - the more suspicious I became of her involvement, even if GH was not though "watch" quote from GH is telling.

Just a guess that Grant and Patsy Hayes would keep them.

...IF they are cleared of any wrongdoing or abetting. Those quotes from Patsy when LA was first reported missing rub me wrong:

Patsy Hayes is the grandmother of Laura Ackerson's children. "As far as I know she loves her kids" [LINK]

"As far as I know"? LA's friends and co-workers had no problem expressing their observations that those boys were her life.

&#8220;He seemed a little frustrated because he had the kids in the car for an hour and a half and they were hot,&#8221; Hayes said. She said she hopes Ackerson just needed to get away to be with family or friends. [LINK]

I wonder if GH really did call PH on that day (7/15) at or around 6:30 and tell her he had been waiting for 90 minutes for LA? Is was not overly hot that day, actually the coolest day of the month to date (86 high).

Grant's mother Patsy said the following last Tuesday about how the kids were handling the disappearance of their mother, &#8220;They get over things a lot faster and they could probably not be affected by things as much as adults are. You know because they are small and they're very resilient so they probably figure they're just staying with dad now." [LINK]

This quote from TUE 7/19, with LA missing for only 4 days, before her car was found, and not a hint of foul play at that point...PH is talking as if the kids aren't going to be seeing LA anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double