GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone believe the motive is custody of the children? Where are the children? Is someone taking care of them?

I think the motive was custody and MONEY. Probably money as the primary--didn't want to have to pay child support. Heck, he had not even followed up with nor paid for the court ordered psych eval. that was ordered several months ago among other things. LA had paid, had cleaned up her life, and wanted those little boys back so badly.
I have said it so many times before that these men who think murder is easier than divorce and/or child support are just plain crazy. And evil.
As of yet, I have not read nor heard where the 3 little children are. I'm thinking probably at his parents' home in Kinston. LA's family is still kind of staying in the shadows in all of this.

wow! I wonder if they dismembered the body at their apt?:sick: The police seem to know where it was done. This is sick!! They must not as been as good as melanie mcguire! :innocent:

I'm confused. Last week one of the posters said she saw LE and perhaps the SBI (in suits)entering LA's apartment in Kinston? Is that correct? In looking back since then, that's about the time LE knew something was terribly wrong and the info stopped leaking out from the media. I'm doing this from memory but didn't they find LA's car in Raleigh on the 20th? Was that the same day the LE and suits entered her apartment in Kinston?
I'm old, so please bear with me.

Mark Gierth, Grant’s friend, said he knew Grant when they were both living in the Virgin Islands in 2009 and 2010. Gierth said Grant was living there with Laura, but they were not getting along so they went their separate ways.

Gierth said he had a Facebook conversation with Grant on July 12 about Grant moving back to the Virgin Islands.

“He said it looks like the only way he’d get joint custody is if he lived in North Carolina. He can’t make any money there doing what he’s doing, so he’s going to let Laura have the kids and he was going to move back to St. Thomas,” said Gierth.​
[LINK]

UBM - so LA has their second child in Aug '09 while GH is messing around with AS/AP, I can see why LA might not be "getting along" with GH.

BBM - guess that wasn't GH's plan after all.

This is interesting. The N&O is reporting this afternoon that LE thinks LA was murdered on July 13---so this FB conversation was the day before. He had 24 hours to think about a plan, a move to the VI, his career, his money--and decided that killing LA was easier.

family says even before Ackerson was reported missing, she was estranged from the family because, they say, Grant Hayes kept her away.

"Very controlling and very manipulative," Ackerson's brother Jason Ackerson said. "It was hard to contact her without her getting in fear of her life her ex-boyfriend. And we should have taken the threats more seriously."

Ackerson's brother says the toughest thing he has ever done was to call his mother Monday morning to tell her Laura was dead.

Although Ackerson's mother's intuition told her last week that her daughter may never come home again, she was still crushed by the news.

"Grant Hayes and his wife are monsters," Jason Ackerson said. "And I hope that anybody that knows them or has followed them and enjoyed his music understands that about them."​
[LINK]

This is interesting. The N&O is reporting this afternoon that LE thinks LA was murdered on July 13---so this FB conversation was the day before. He had 24 hours to think about a plan, a move to the VI, his career, his money--and decided that killing LA was easier.

GREAT catch putting those together. Maybe this conversation took place on 7/12 or 7/13?:

GH: Hearing is coming up next month we still owe $10K, which we don't have, in court ordered payments for the psyche evals.

AH: Then she (LA) is probably going to get custody.

GH: I think we should just give her custody and move back to the Virgin Islands with the baby.

AH: You don't make enough as it is for rent and supporting us the way things are, how are you going to do that in the VI while paying child support for the boys?! You came back here because you were not making enough $ in the VI and told me you would make more here. I didn't sign up for this and we are not moving back to the VI to live like beach bums, you better come up with a Plan B!

GH: Where am I suppossed to come up with $10K in a month and schedule that doctor to do the eval in time for court?

AH: That's your problem. You figure out a way to make this go away.

I do not think this was about custody or money. I think it was about control and continued abuse. When these abusers fool everyone around them and manipulate the system and courts it just makes them feel that much more omnipotent. These evil fools thought they could just dispose of Laura and get away with it. Their vanity and winning at all costs is what this appears to be to me. Unbelievable!
A sad, sad end for Laura and her poor babies. Rest in peace dear mother, may your sons grow up happy, healthy, and always knowing how much you loved them.
JMO

GMT I think one of the articles said he cancelled that appearance.

family says even before Ackerson was reported missing, she was estranged from the family because, they say, Grant Hayes kept her away.

"Very controlling and very manipulative," Ackerson's brother Jason Ackerson said. "It was hard to contact her without her getting in fear of her life her ex-boyfriend. And we should have taken the threats more seriously."

Ackerson's brother says the toughest thing he has ever done was to call his mother Monday morning to tell her Laura was dead.

Although Ackerson's mother's intuition told her last week that her daughter may never come home again, she was still crushed by the news.

"Grant Hayes and his wife are monsters," Jason Ackerson said. "And I hope that anybody that knows them or has followed them and enjoyed his music understands that about them."​
[LINK]

I'm happy her family is finally speaking out. Strong words, no doubt very true.

I'm confused. Last week one of the posters said she saw LE and perhaps the SBI (in suits)entering LA's apartment in Kinston? Is that correct? In looking back since then, that's about the time LE knew something was terribly wrong and the info stopped leaking out from the media. I'm doing this from memory but didn't they find LA's car in Raleigh on the 20th? Was that the same day the LE and suits entered her apartment in Kinston?I'm old, so please bear with me.

BBM. Yes and yes.

The car was found earlier in the day, the LE activity at LA's office/home was 3:00-3:30 according to the poster here who witnessed it.

I am starting to wonder if LA was in fact the last person to drive that car and not that someone moved it after the fact? Maybe she went to the old apt (where her car was eventually found) because she thought they were still living there? (remember child exchange every week took place in Wilson - never at a residence) called GH when no one answered and he told her to wait there. If so, GH probably did not want any trace of himself associated with her car and just left it there and put her body in his car for the time being.

I do not think this was about custody or money. I think it was about control and continued abuse. When these abusers fool everyone around them and manipulate the system and courts it just makes them feel that much more omnipotent. These evil fools thought they could just dispose of Laura and get away with it. Their vanity and winning at all costs is what this appears to be to me. Unbelievable!
A sad, sad end for Laura and her poor babies. Rest in peace dear mother, may your sons grow up happy, healthy, and always knowing how much you loved them.
JMO

WideOpen, you are right on.

Here is a very informative piece on the subject of understanding a batterer in the context of a custody/visitation dispute:

http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/understanding-the-batterer-in-visitation-and-custody-disputes.pdf

BBM. Yes and yes.

The car was found earlier in the day, the LE activity at LA's office/home was 3:00-3:30 according to the poster here who witnessed it.

I am starting to wonder if LA was in fact the last person to drive that car and not that someone moved it after the fact? Maybe she went to the old apt (where her car was eventually found) because she thought they were still living there? (remember child exchange every week took place in Wilson - never at a residence) called GH when no one answered and he told her to wait there. If so, GH probably did not want any trace of himself associated with her car and just left it there and put her body in his car for the time being.

Excellent thought processes! In your next life JRB, you are going to be Columbo :)

WideOpen, you are right on.

Here is a very informative piece on the subject of understanding a batterer in the context of a custody/visitation dispute:

http://www.thelizlibrary.org/liz/understanding-the-batterer-in-visitation-and-custody-disputes.pdf

Very good and insightful article.
With what we are finding out about GH I am certain he was a batterer in many ways. However, I still think money was a huge issue in this case. I can't find any info about his working a 'real' full time job--only musical gigs in various places on a hit and miss basis. He was trying to sell his leather living room furniture just last week. He had not paid for the court ordered psych eval. yet and the custody hearing was coming up next month....which in my mind would make him appear very unstable in every way. I think there is a batterer issue going on and a huge money issue involved in this as well. Murdering LA seemed to be the best solution.

These people are pure evil. Who could dismember a person stick her in a cooler and drive to Texas? Those poor children have to grow up knowing their father did this.

I'm confused. Last week one of the posters said she saw LE and perhaps the SBI (in suits)entering LA's apartment in Kinston? Is that correct? In looking back since then, that's about the time LE knew something was terribly wrong and the info stopped leaking out from the media. I'm doing this from memory but didn't they find LA's car in Raleigh on the 20th? Was that the same day the LE and suits entered her apartment in Kinston?
I'm old, so please bear with me.

That is correct, you memory is just fine. I did see detectives the same day the car was found. About 1/2 before the report came across about the car. About 20 minutes after the detectives arrived 15 to 20 armed, bullet proof vest detectives came swarmming in like something major was going down.. nothing has been mentioned about that anywhere. Someone found a crime report that was said that all that was over "assault by having the fingers in the face " something along those lines. Either wasy that kind of crime didn't warrant thaa many officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966