GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always liked the name, Laura.

This situation just doesn't seem right, especially considering where her car was found. I looked at her resume and to me it spoke of someone floundering somewhat to gain a footing, not that unusual for someone her age, I suppose. Her apartment building in Kinston looks nice, though. It appears her ex had primary responsibility for the kids - I suppose he had the more stable job/situation?

I, too, wonder about where her family is on this. They just don't seem to be advocating for her. Why? So maybe she isn't a saint, but geeze, someone should speak up for her.

I also wonder whether the ex made any phone calls during that time he was waiting for her in Wilson. And what about after?

It's not right. She did not decide to go off on her own.

IMO, of course.

From WRAL: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9897483/

Officials released two photos of LA from security cameras but declined to say the location of the cameras. Interesting. Also, the article says the camera shows her hair is much darker and shorter than it's been shown in news photo. Wonder why no one mentioned that before.

I heard about this case this morning at work. I work at our corporate office and some of our franchisees in North Carolina (Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington, Greenville, Greensboro) use Laura as their graphic designer for advertisements. Today, we shipped out 200? ...I dunno...alot of missing posters. They will be placed in bathrooms on the back of the stall doors or by the urinals and possibly on top of gas pumps (as both of those places are where our company places ads).

I do hope this is some sort of mental illness or that she needed a break, as any other scenario is too much to think about!

Just to update this - it seems these posters are going out to more than just our NC franchisees, as I saw one package labeled for our Madison, WI office. So it seems her face will be out there - if they sent them to all our franchise offices, there are 44 of them. The posters are approximately 17x11 size.

According to the most recent updates, Grant was given temporary custody because at the time, Laura was unemployed and living with Grant's parents in Kinston.

The rumor in town is that Laura was dating a local business owner. The police are investigating him, although it would be a total shock to me if he was in any way involved.

This sounds really scary for Laura. I hope she is found soon and safe.

From WRAL: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9897483/

Officials released two photos of LA from security cameras but declined to say the location of the cameras. Interesting. Also, the article says the camera shows her hair is much darker and shorter than it's been shown in news photo. Wonder why no one mentioned that before.
Thanks to google, the photos above are from her apartment building in Kinston.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=nantu...:0&tx=57&ty=94

Does anybody else from the Raleigh area find it a bit strange that we are not hearing more about the disappearance of LA? Normally, stories like this are plastered on the news with pleas to the public to be on the "look out".

Someone else mentioned that the LE did not need volunteers to search the woods, etc.

I find this very unsettling.

Yes, I find it very unsettling. Even basic things like: were her keys, wallet, cell phone in the car; information like that has not been released. I don't remember a case ever where this information was withheld from the media. It really makes a difference if those belongings were still in the car.

I like to think the Police is heads-down on this. But I wonder...no foot/air searches that I am aware of, at least not engaging any community assistance. Yet, CUE sent its members to Missouri, I believe, from Raleigh, to search for a woman there. Does that mean they (LE) has strong info to support that Laura's alive - like is her credit card and/or cell phone active? How weird to publish photos but not tell the public where they were taken. Yes I find this unsettling also.

I live in Gastonia and I don't even remember them mentioning this woman except for when she first went missing. Yeah, Gastonia is 4 hours away but still we usually hear about things from Raleigh.

Glad that I'm not alone. Something is "different" about this case. I don't know what is happening but it all feels so strange. We have basically a lack of reporting from the media, whereas normally one of the local stations would be reporting constantly.

I live in Gastonia and I don't even remember them mentioning this woman except for when she first went missing. Yeah, Gastonia is 4 hours away but still we usually hear about things from Raleigh.

Also in Gaston County.....surprised that we are not hearing more. I wonder what is being done to locate this young mom.

I work across the street from her apartment and there is nothing being said in our area either. Something very strange about this case. No new updates, nothing about anything that was found in her car, phone pings or nothing but they did say "no foul play was suspected" makes you wonder if maybe she has just taken off. Family and friends seem to be sitting by and waiting on news reports as well. I joined a family facebook and they are going on what they see in the media and hear from her brother. Here is a facebook chat I had on that site:

Me:
Any updates from Law enforcement? Has any of her family been in contact with Raleigh and Kinston PD? Are there any searches or information on what belongings were found with her car? There has not been any local news updates since they found the car. I work across the street from the apartment she lives in and have been following..
20 minutes ago ·LikeUnlike · ·UnsubscribeSubscribe
Her Brother in law( sisters husband) Laura's Brother Jason is the only family in Raleigh. We have not heard any news from him in a few days.
18 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
Me:Have you guys tried reaching out to them? Law enforcement?
16 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
Her brother in law (sisters husband): Jason has done a couple of interviews with local TV stations, and we know that he has given statements and done questioning with the police a few times.
13 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

I work across the street from her apartment and there is nothing being said in our area either. Something very strange about this case. No new updates, nothing about anything that was found in her car, phone pings or nothing but they did say "no foul play was suspected" makes you wonder if maybe she has just taken off. Family and friends seem to be sitting by and waiting on news reports as well. I joined a family facebook and they are going on what they see in the media and hear from her brother. Here is a facebook chat I had on that site:

Me:
Any updates from Law enforcement? Has any of her family been in contact with Raleigh and Kinston PD? Are there any searches or information on what belongings were found with her car? There has not been any local news updates since they found the car. I work across the street from the apartment she lives in and have been following..
20 minutes ago ·LikeUnlike · ·UnsubscribeSubscribe
Her Brother in law( sisters husband) Laura's Brother Jason is the only family in Raleigh. We have not heard any news from him in a few days.
18 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
Me:Have you guys tried reaching out to them? Law enforcement?
16 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
Her brother in law (sisters husband): Jason has done a couple of interviews with local TV stations, and we know that he has given statements and done questioning with the police a few times.
13 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

If this were my sister/brother or family member I would be on the phone, foot and wanting/demanding some information of some kind!!

Yes, no one seems especially concerned. Do you think that taking off might be in her nature? Wonder if she has done this before?
The fact that her car is near where she was last seen is disturbing to me.....

Disturbs me to. I am with you on that (the family doesn't seemed to be to concerned either). If it were me I would be beating on doors in that neighborhood and somebody would be telling me something. She was estranged from her family for some reason not sure the story on that. LE doesn't seem to concerned about it much either because they are being either very tight-lipped or they think she took off too. IMO

Geez, no one in the family is talking to police? They sound very passive to me. I hope this isn't a case where they think she is "emotionally disturbed" per the court document and her ex's word. It would be unconscionable if, since her family is estranged and not pressuring LE, they're just assuming she ran off.

I mean, that mother in Missouri is being searched for by a ton of people. Why isn't anyone searching for Laura?

And P.S. Why wouldn't Jason Ackerson make a statement "on camera" - what his sister is missing and he feels camera shy? This is sooooooooo strange.

P.P.S And, if Grant hasn't gone to the Virgin Islands (or even if he has perhaps), you know he's reading every word written in this thread...

What a sad case. I sure hope she is found alive and well!

The suspicious side of me thinks ex is involved. I highly doubt after having the children the majority of time he would want to give that up and go for joint custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double