GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where the kids where when she was killed? With AH and GH. Or with his parents?

Has anyone thought that maybe he had someone else kill her and then hand the body back off to him (them) in the coolers? I had thought about that possibility even before seeing those lyrics that seem to refer to getting someone that owes him to do it for him.

Well, why would he have the body given back to him? When you have someone else kill a person for you, usually (I presume) you are doing it so there will be no tie to you, therefore you won't get caught (even though you usually do). Now I can totally see him wanting someone else to do it, but why give the body back - just have that person dispose of it. Plus, it doesn't look like GH/AH had much $ to pay someone?

Well, why would he have the body given back to him? When you have someone else kill a person for you, usually (I presume) you are doing it so there will be no tie to you, therefore you won't get caught (even though you usually do). Now I can totally see him wanting someone else to do it, but why give the body back - just have that person dispose of it. Plus, it doesn't look like GH/AH had much $ to pay someone?

In his song he says he has goons that owe him. But I agree that would be ridiculous to give back a body.

Per multiple news outlets, LA's father filed for custody of her children today.

My hope is that he is filing for the right reasons. The children are the ones who will be hurt from a wrong choice just as they already have been.

These children can't see their father right now and will never see their mother again. This is all about them. Not about what their father did or which family we like the best. It is about these precious little boys.

I wonder what Laura would say.

My hope is that he is filing for the right reasons. The children are the ones who will be hurt from a wrong choice just as they already have been.

These children can't see their father right now and will never see their mother again. This is all about them. Not about what their father did or which family we like the best. It is about these precious little boys.

What would be the wrong reason for filing for custody of the 2 boys?
I think the boys have a better chance at a brighter future away from Kinston, NC.The boys have NO future in Kinston.I know.
If they remain with the Gparents they will be exposed to this gruesome case for many years to come, wouldnt it be in theses babies best interest to have a more peacefull life away from the chaos of this case.
If anyone reads the Kinston Press and the comments that are made to this case,thats if you can get to read them before they're deleted,it would be understood why these boys would be better off far away from Kinston, these babies need another shot at life before its really too late.
I dont see where Laura had any support from anyone in Kinston besides her church,and church cant file for custody.

Looks like there is much more to the custody story. Family members have been quoted as saying she lost touch with family because GH was controlling...but it looks like that is not the only reason.

On a Friends & Family FB page for LA, her brother-in-law comments that he and LA's half-sister have contacted DSS about concerns regarding LA's father. He even comments "lots of prayers that (LA's father) does not end up with the boys".

The FB page is open if anyone wants to take a look. Simply type LA and a Friends & Family page will appear. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/209653462416385/

Wow, I'm reading more on the FB page. LA's ex-boyfriend, whom has been very vocal in support for LA, says GH's parents provided LA with a refuge, got her on her feet, and helped her get away from their son.

So LA's ex is quite supportive of GH's parents. Very interesting. Many people are suspect of GH's mother, but it sounds like they were continually supportive of LA.

Wow, I'm reading more on the FB page. LA's ex-boyfriend, whom has been very vocal in support for LA, says GH's parents provided LA with a refuge, got her on her feet, and helped her get away from their son.

So LA's ex is quite supportive of GH's parents. Very interesting. Many people are suspect of GH's mother, but it sounds like they were continually supportive of LA.

That point of view is interesting, but it doesn't fit the rest of the facts:

*GH and AS/AP started an affair in the USVI in 2009 while LA was pregnant with her second son by GH.

*Shortly after the second son was born, LA took the boys stateside to get specialized medical treatment for their youngest. Makes sense that she would stay with the grandparents.

*GH stayed behind, continued his relationship with AS/AP - LA was informed GH was ending his relationship with her.

*In 2010, GH and AS/AP (now a couple) move togethr from USVI to Manhatten, his parents allow LA and her sons (their grandchildren) to stay with them.

*GH and AH (married) move back to Raleigh, take custody of the boys - apparently with the help of testimony from his parents.

*LA moves out to her own place, starts working on regaining custody.

Where in the above list of events can it be interpreted that GH's parents helped her get away from their son? Looks to me like they helped their son get away from LA, and then get the children back from her.

That they provided shelter to LA....well one could read that as LA was the custodian/primary caretaker of their grandchildren at the time, that could have been the driving motive. Would they refuse that to their grandchildren?

I agree 100%. Funny that GH's parents have not yet even filed for for temporary custody.

I've seen some questions about support for LA's boys (as well as concerns about who could be trusted to do so), her friend/business partner CM has taken an initiative:

http://www.gofishgraphicdesign.com/

Does anyone know where the kids where when she was killed? With AH and GH. Or with his parents?

She was killed after 9:30 PM WED 7/13. Kids were with GH/AH MON-FRI. The boys spent the weekends with LA - who had her own place in Kinston, she was not living with GH's parents. One article mentions LA (because she was already in Raleigh on business) picked up the boys from GH/AH and took them out for dinner 7/13, then returned them.

Also, consider the rest of the circumstances: GH bought the coolers, LA's car was parked a half mile from GH/AH apartment, GH/AH are probably the source of the "last seen at 9:30 PM".

If someone had been hired, you'd expect that they would perform the job at a time, place and manner which would draw the least suspicion to GH - i.e. home invasion in Kinston, or off the highway somewhere away from Raleigh during the week where both GH and AH would have an alibi.

*GH and AS/AP started an affair in the USVI in 2009 while LA was pregnant with her second son by GH.

*Shortly after the second son was born, LA took the boys stateside to get specialized medical treatment for their youngest. Makes sense that she would stay with the grandparents.

*GH stayed behind, continued his relationship with AS/AP - LA was informed GH was ending his relationship with her.

*In 2010, GH and AS/AP (now a couple) move togethr from USVI to Manhatten, his parents allow LA and her sons (their grandchildren) to stay with them.

*GH and AH (married) move back to Raleigh, take custody of the boys - apparently with the help of testimony from his parents.

Where in the above list of events can it be interpreted that GH's parents helped her get away from their son? Looks to me like they helped their son get away from LA, and then get the children back from her.

That they provided shelter to LA....well one could read that as LA was the custodian/primary caretaker of their grandchildren at the time, that could have been the driving motive. Would they refuse that to their grandchildren?

I'm sorry to have to ask but where did all that info come from? I must have missed a lot on this thread! TIA

Does anyone know how LA felt about her father? Any of her family? This case is just confusing to say the least...Not the first person in her family would pray for her safe return...I know her Brother that lived in Raleigh did an interview however, he would not show his face. And it seems they are climbing out of the woodwork now. I just dont get it.. If it were my family I would be BEGGIN' for answers. And did this man know these kids? She kept her distance for a reason and I dont think that GH was that reason. I was abused myself and when I got out my family is who I ran to.

I am curious whether the medical examiner has been able to determine the cause of death. Has that information been released? Did I miss it?

The last I heard was a police comment something to the effect of "the xxxx (can't remember the word they used) was too clean to be consistent with a machete". But that was when they first found her remains.

I am curious whether the medical examiner has been able to determine the cause of death. Has that information been released? Did I miss it?

The last I heard was a police comment something to the effect of "the xxxx (can't remember the word they used) was too clean to be consistent with a machete". But that was when they first found her remains.

I'm very anxious to find out the COD too, Boodles. I think I've been paying very close attention and I haven't heard a peep yet.

As far as GH hiring "goons" to take care of LA, I think the only goons GH knew were himself and his wife, IMHO.

I remember reason(sorry no link) that they could not determine cause of death. They only found her head, torso and 1 leg :( omg poor Laura I feel so horrible when I think about this case.

Does anyone know how LA felt about her father? Any of her family? This case is just confusing to say the least...Not the first person in her family would pray for her safe return...I know her Brother that lived in Raleigh did an interview however, he would not show his face. And it seems they are climbing out of the woodwork now. I just dont get it.. If it were my family I would be BEGGIN' for answers. And did this man know these kids? She kept her distance for a reason and I dont think that GH was that reason. I was abused myself and when I got out my family is who I ran to.

~~
On another board, LA's sister and brother in law are in a major upheaval with the father seeking custody of the boys. They indicate, with no specific details, that the man is only wanting any money that may come from benefits, etc.

Also, he will not even tell the sister where/when the funeral will be held!? Therefore, LA's sister and BIL are "going to contact" the mother about doing a separate funeral.

Something is not settling well with me, even with the Mom/sister relationship. It may have been a poor choice of words, but "going to contact" infers to me that they do not routinely chat.

It would be when LA returned from the VI. She did live with GH's parents at that time and they gave her a job at their daycare. In addition, the ex claims it was GH's parents who helped LA start her business, get back on her feet, and he says GH's parents wanted LA to get more custody of the kids.

It seems very few people knew LA very well. The ex is firmly on LA's side, and he hates GH. Therefore, I can't see why he would be supporting GH's parents if it weren't true.

LA only kept in touch with her brother, who has spoken in a limited capacity. It seems LA disconnected with all the rest of her family and had no contact with them for several years prior to her death.

So the mystery deepens. Did GH force LA to cut family ties due to his contolling ways, or did LA have good reason to cut off her family regardless?

I'm just sick over the thought of LA's little boys. People around here mostly seem to be in an uproar about GH's mother having custody for now. But from the comments made by family and friends on FB, it seems GH's mother was a constant in the boys' lives.

Some people believe GH's mother knew something more about the crime. She made a comment about the kids moving on while LA was missing. I don't know if that was a callous comment or simply a poor choice of wording which made a TV soundbite.

The way LA's own family is describing her father is simply awful. It's disturbing to think he could get the kids (or even visitation ) if what the family is saying about him is true.

Does anyone know if all the custody documents be made public, or are the details of those matters sealed due to sensitivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim