GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jewels! Yes, first witness, Shavon Mathis, they did the menu advertizing biz together.

ETA: I think she's also the one who filed the missing persons report.

Thanks geevee! I was late getting here.

ok, not excited or engaged with this opening argument at all. READING? Really?

Boz is not very eloquent, and probably doesn't even have a good manner about him, but he has a brilliant mind. He's very quick thinking and can turn something around in an instant. Most of the local engineers who watched the Brad Cooper (engineer) trial thought Boz manipulated the computer search testimony which was the very reason the jury found Cooper guilty. If he did, I wasn't smart or quick enough to catch it. He's kind of like oysters or caviar, you have to acquire a taste for him but once you do it's awesome.

We have not forgotten about Laura or her sweet babies. Standing with Laura's friends and family and praying her voice is heard in this trial.

Boz is not very eloquent, and probably doesn't even have a good manner about him, but he has a brilliant mind. He's very quick thinking and can turn something around in an instant. Most of the local engineers who watched the Brad Cooper (engineer) trial thought Boz manipulated the computer search testimony which was the very reason the jury found Cooper guilty. If he did, I wasn't smart or quick enough to catch it. He's kind of like oysters or caviar, you have to acquire a taste for him but once you do it's awesome.

I believe you and pray it happens :please:

Boz is new to me, I didn't follow the Brad Cooper case. I like him. He's clear and to the point, no rambling, which I appreciate!

I was captivated by his opening. Unfortunately, my buffering internet caused me to miss what was said about what LE found in GH's apartment. The last thing I heard was "large bleach stain"...until the part about "no shower curtain" which should have been there according to Sha. I will have to watch a replay to hear the rest of what he said about the apartment.

I was also engaged with the defense opening. They both held my attention. I had no idea GH went to Wal-Mart to buy a saw at 2:30am. Ugh. OMG it's so horrific. I just thought, that's it, he's done.

So it's official, this is gonna be the "blame it all on Amanda" defense. I just hate him.
:seeya:

Hi Jewels!! good to see you!

Good to see you NCEast! We keep crossing paths yest keep missing each other.

I noticed that the lawyer didn't stand to do her question's. Is that normal?

Also no standing for the jury or the judge? Or did I just miss it?

Good to see you NCEast! We keep crossing paths yest keep missing each other.

I noticed that the lawyer didn't stand to do her question's. Is that normal?

Also no standing for the jury or the judge? Or did I just miss it?

Good to see you Jewels, I have been sick for a couple of weeks and finally got to the bottom of things this week.
The courtroom doesn't normally rise for the jury in the cases I've watched in NC, I wish they would. I think it shows an immense respect for them. They usually do rise for the entry and exit of the judge. Unless they have stopped that.
The attorney's can either sit or stand--I think it depends on how fiery they get and/or how fiery they want the witness' testimony to get. They are usually on their feet when making the major points.

Boz is new to me, I didn't follow the Brad Cooper case. I like him. He's clear and to the point, no rambling, which I appreciate!

I was captivated by his opening. Unfortunately, my buffering internet caused me to miss what was said about what LE found in GH's apartment. The last thing I heard was "large bleach stain"...until the part about "no shower curtain" which should have been there according to Sha. I will have to watch a replay to hear the rest of what he said about the apartment.

I was also engaged with the defense opening. They both held my attention. I had no idea GH went to Wal-Mart to buy a saw at 2:30am. Ugh. OMG it's so horrific. I just thought, that's it, he's done.

So it's official, this is gonna be the "blame it all on Amanda" defense. I just hate him.
:seeya:

Me too about Boz Boodles....I like everything--questions and answers very concise and to the point. You would have died watching the judge and the defense attorney in a NM trial we watched last month. They broke every legal procedure rule ever written and the defendant was found not guilty, which we pretty much saw coming. The worst courtroom shenanigans I've ever seen and the day of the verdict be doggone if the defense attorney's wife didn't join us here on WS to defend both her husband and the defendant. Still can't get over that.

Just found out about this case about a week ago,would like to try and follow it, missed opening statements but saw the first witness.Sounds like an interesting case.Hoping there is justice for this young mom and her boys.Anyone have any idea how long the trial is supposed to last?I find it hard to watch trials in the summer,always too much going on.

Week after next,I'm going camping for a week,where ,of course,there is no cell service,so I won't even be able to check my phone.Probably just get into it and have to miss some of it.Off to try and read some background info on the case.I did watch most of Jason Young's trial,so I recognize some of the faces in the courtroom.Does this mean I'm really becoming a trial addict! Lol

I like that the first witness dressed appropriately for court, so many recent cases they look like they were on a Sat. afternoon park date when suddenly called in to testify.

Just found out about this case about a week ago,would like to try and follow it, missed opening statements but saw the first witness.Sounds like an interesting case.Hoping there is justice for this young mom and her boys.Anyone have any idea how long the trial is supposed to last?I find it hard to watch trials in the summer,always too much going on.

Week after next,I'm going camping for a week,where ,of course,there is no cell service,so I won't even be able to check my phone.Probably just get into it and have to miss some of it.Off to try and read some background info on the case.I did watch most of Jason Young's trial,so I recognize some of the faces in the courtroom.Does this mean I'm really becoming a trial addict! Lol

Glad to have you join us Lucylu. Seems the judge or somebody stated yesterday they expect the trial to last 5 or 6 weeks. It will be an interesting trial, or it should be. WRAL archives all of the video the same day of testimony so you can catch up easily when you return from vacation. If, while you're on vaca, you run around from place to place looking for reception to check in on this trial, you may consider yourself a trial addict :)

(The stream on WRAL is still live, right? Laura's friend testifying now?)

Adding a picture of Laura so we all keep in mind why we are here

ht_laura_ackerson_jef_110725_wg.jpg

Seems that this testimony is beginning to drag along. I know it's necessary but I am ready for the meat and potatoes of this case.

Are ya'll able to hear Becky Holt (the prosecutor)? I can barely hear her on the live feed, although I can hear the witness perfectly.

Seems that this testimony is beginning to drag along. I know it's necessary but I am ready for the meat and potatoes of this case.

I know but with her testimony and now Laura's picture's, I am teary eyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax