GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The area of Pecan Grove that I've been to is all developed subdivision (built since the 80's), this is much more rural (and spooky-looking) than I was imagining.

Just some points of clarification:

- It's never up to the defense or any defendant to show or prove innocence, it's up to the state to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, 100% of the time, every time, in every criminal trial. The defendant doesn't have to present anything if they don't want to; the burden rests squarely on the state to prove the charges.

- GH's attire is not an issue for this court. If it were, the judge would have ruled and he'd be wearing something different. If GH even wanted to wear his prison orange clothes he could.

- One reason ADAs will cover things that seem irrelevant is because sometimes it's a strategic move to show the jury that all bases were covered during an investigation and all items of potential evidential value were looked at, even things that end up not being important to the case or part of the buffet of evidence. It precludes the defense from claiming an investigation wasn't thorough. Another reason is that little pieces of the puzzle are being explored through testimony and might be all tied together at the end.

Again, I have forgotten who mentioned GH's nails the other day but I agree,,,,they are gross. We noticed them back in the spring during one of the motion hearings and I couldn't believe them--filed, pointy, long nails. Not anything I've ever seen on a man before. Probably never on a woman either.

Yes, horrible -- just another idiosyncrasy that apparently GH thinks makes him special, IMO. Maybe, maybe he wants them this way to pick his guitar or other instrument he may play- ???? - I've seen my share of guitarists and banjoists, but I've never seen any one of them with fingers like GH.

Now isn't that special?

images

Hola everyone :coffeews: ---- hoping to actually catch some testimony today!

Yes, horrible -- just another idiosyncrasy that apparently GH thinks makes him special, IMO. Maybe, maybe he wants them this way to pick his guitar or other instrument he may play- ???? - I've seen my share of guitarists and banjoists, but I've never seen any one of them with fingers like GH.

Now isn't that special?

When we first noticed them back in the spring, each nail on each hand was long, filed and pointed. As somebody else mentioned, it may be a prison thing--weapons of sorts. But I have never seen a man with nails like that, in prison or out. Guitar picker or not. I think it's just him and another way to attract attention.​

Oh dear gods, why oh why do I have to catch THIS testimony? :(

A picture of Laura is needed now, for all of us to cherish her beauty and spirit.

ht_laura_ackerson_jef_110725_wmain.jpg

This is sad and sickening. Reason #347 why I could never be a homicide detective.

This is sad and sickening. Reason #347 why I could never be a homicide detective.

Hmmm, different strokes -- I think it's fascinating in all respects -- good, bad & ugly. I don't like to dwell on yucky, gross & gooey, cruel, etc, but it's part of it all, and I can tolerate it. I think I could handle it, though I've only seen one autopsy... Detective work fascinates me -- but -- I'm talking not doing...
icon11.gif

It's not getting easier thought, is it? -- People seem to be getting meaner and more barbaric than ever, IMO. Welcome to the 21st Century.

Hmmm, different strokes -- I think it's fascinating in all respects -- good, bad & ugly. I don't like to dwell on yucky, gross & gooey, cruel, etc, but it's part of it all, and I can tolerate it. I think I could handle it, though I've only seen one autopsy... Detective work fascinates me -- but -- I'm talking not doing...
icon11.gif

It's not getting easier thought, is it? -- People seem to be getting meaner and more barbaric than ever, IMO. Welcome to the 21st Century.

I can deal with sights and sounds without any problems. Odors get me bad.
I could handle being a homicide detective much more easily than I could being a defense attorney. How they sleep at night is beyond me. I know, I know--everybody is entitled to a fair and good defense, which is good for the sake of justice, but it's not for me.

I'm terribly happy this detective (LeTour?) drew this case and not some Barney Fife type. This guy has done a very good job of tying all the loose ends together and he never once got confused or flustered.

Well, being the chemistry-knowledge deprived -- despite having to take and pass (with a C, which I celebrated, BTW) -- I looked up muriatic acid & found that it's the same thing as hydrochloric acid -- HCl. And I do remember that stuff -- interesting....

Muriatic Acid Production

Muriatic acid is prepared from hydrogen chloride. Hydrogen chloride from any of a number of processes is dissolved in water to yield hydrochloric or muriatic acid

http://chemistry.about.com/od/moleculescompounds/f/What-Is-Muriatic-Acid.htm

Ooh, ooh, I can jump in here.

Muriatic acid is commonly used in swimming pool maintenance. Or, at least that is the term that is used when hydrochloric acid is used for that purpose.

In other news, and since I know you all care, here's my rant.

I have stopped wearing high heels (I'm talking 5 inches here, ladies) after 30+ years of 5 days a week use. I have also started to use a standing desk. WEIRD.

I feel so sore on my own heels, and my back is ouchie. Sigh. Took me only to my 40's to start taking care of myself. Yikes.

I have stopped wearing high heels (I'm talking 5 inches here, ladies) after 30+ years of 5 days a week use. I have also started to use a standing desk. WEIRD.

I feel so sore on my own heels, and my back is ouchie. Sigh. Took me only to my 40's to start taking care of myself. Yikes.

I'm sure your back, and feet, are very pleased with your decision :)
I'm not sure about the standing desk though--I think that may get tiring after a couple of hours. Can you go back to a sitting desk if it becomes unbearable?
Wishing you tons of good luck with your flatter shoes and the desk!

Well, as a 5'er myself, I can tell you heels do cause problems for us little ones. Haven't been able to wear much of any heel since my teens! Had an older college prof who always wore heels, even when on a required class camping trip! When we asked her why she didn't wear flats, it turned out her hamstrings had shortened because of her very high heels and she couldn't walk without them!

Well, as a 5'er myself, I can tell you heels do cause problems for us little ones. Haven't been able to wear much of any heel since my teens! Had an older college prof who always wore heels, even when on a required class camping trip! When we asked her why she didn't wear flats, it turned out her hamstrings had shortened because of her very high heels and she couldn't walk without them!

Whoa, that's extreme!!!

The desk moves, so I can either stand or sit. I actually have no shoes on right now he he he!

Watching Matt's testimony. They tried to drag him into this too with the hitch? Wow. It seems to me that he got the heebie-jeebies from them starting at the morning phone call on the 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo