GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Laura come on! Its after 3. The business day ends in 2hrs. I need to tell my attorney something. Ur putting me in a real fu**ed position here. call me asap!"

"take a pic for me please. Email it. thanks. Can u at least give me an idea? Like between 7 and 8? do u have to work or something?"

"getting dressed now. ur welcome."

"Nap time. I promised em joes after nap so ill letem sleep as long as possible."

"Thats exactly where a sick baby should be!!!"

"She took the boys out for a few so we could get some of the moving stuff done. I called u to let u talk with them before they left cause theyll prolly be gone a few hours. Just showing u I'm a man of my word. Whats up w u? Ur phone been off every time i call since yesterday. Hit me up as soon as u talk to john. I havent said anything to anyone."

I wish these texts were date/time-stamped. It sure sounds like they're from the day they murdered Laura. And it sounds like GH is desperate to pin her down about something to do with the custody battle before the attorney leaves for the day. And he's trying to pin down her ETA. Was Laura feeling pressured to agree to something she didn't want to? Take a pic of what? A draft of an agreement? Wasn't her attorney's name John?

I'm just speculating, of course. MOO.

Wow. No blood evidence whatsoever in that bathroom. Incredible. Hope they find some in this trash, although I don't think they really need it to prove they murdered Laura at the apt.

Same thoughts here, Boodles -- I was very surprised at no blood trace in the bathrooms -- usually if there is a decent amount of blood, no amount of bleach or scrubbing will remove all traces -- so yeah, where? I have always wondered if they did it in the storage locker -- would they have had room there? Was it treated with luminol?

Did they drive a ways out of town & find a spot like a parking lot behind a building, outside concrete basketball area, or picnic table, etc.? Rest stop or abandoned parking area at 2 or 3 in the morning? Maybe AH knew a spot in Texas -- her sister's little town had lots of deserted areas near it. Possibly one more thing that we may never know.

***O/T*** It looks like Elaina Steinfurth's remains have been found. In SK's garage in a box.

oh, and hi everyone :wave: ---- feeling really bummed today because of the Elaina case. Reminds me of why I TRY not to follow children cases. I can't deal very well. Sh111t. God didn't give me children, and I am a pretty cool gal. :(

oh, and hi everyone :wave: ---- feeling really bummed today because of the Elaina case. Reminds me of why I TRY not to follow children cases. I can't deal very well. Sh111t. God didn't give me children, and I am a pretty cool gal. :(

Hi, littlechiq - maybe God wanted you to be the child -- there are God's children everywhere, of every size, faith, age & variety. I think you are one, and I truly say this in a very complimentary way -- it has nothing at all to do with maturity; it's more a matter of the way one lives & believes & looks at things. It's the way we all should be.
icon7.gif

Hi, littlechiq - maybe God wanted you to be the child -- there are God's children everywhere, of every size, faith, age & variety. I think you are one, and I truly say this in a very complimentary way -- it has nothing at all to do with maturity; it's more a matter of the way one lives & believes & looks at things. It's the way we all should be.
icon7.gif

Very true. God thinks I am pretty awesome :) he he he ---thanks for your kind words bordemnoska. :hug:

Very true. God thinks I am pretty awesome :) he he he ---thanks for your kind words bordemnoska. :hug:

Dobro pozhalovat' vy povtorno, мой друг.:hug:

I believe AH & GH thought no one would ever trace them to this area so they were not worried about concealing evidence, ie glove packaging, acid boxes, Home Depot video, etc. Thank heavens they were so over confident!

bbm

Hi all, I am new to this case. Just reading about it here and there. Was the Home Depot trip to get the saw and things made in NC or in Texas? TIA.

I agree with all others that these two are complete idiots. They thought no one would be able to trace their trip?

I think both of them should be charged with co-conspiracy that way one cannot blame it on the other. I thought that if it's co-conspirator, you can be charged the same as for murder? In other words, you can find them guilty of the actual murder, or guilty of co-conspiracy to murder, and they are both the same?

Grrrrr.

Now they're talking about pics of cuts on the body -- certainly there shouldn't be repeats of the same pic or one that's very close, but this is the work of the defendant (and maybe his partner), but it is as much a part of the crime as fingerprints and bloodstains and emails, etc., etc., etc.

Some are from an autopsy which is public record -- if someone wants to view them in the ME's office (NC law prevents them from being published publicly, i.e., outside of the courtroom). We won't see 'em but the jury will.

Show them! As Stephens just said, they are more probative than prejudicial. This is real life here, folks. Put 'em up there.

bbm

Hi all, I am new to this case. Just reading about it here and there. Was the Home Depot trip to get the saw and things made in NC or in Texas? TIA.

I agree with all others that these two are complete idiots. They thought no one would be able to trace their trip?

I think both of them should be charged with co-conspiracy that way one cannot blame it on the other. I thought that if it's co-conspirator, you can be charged the same as for murder? In other words, you can find them guilty of the actual murder, or guilty of co-conspiracy to murder, and they are both the same?

Part of their purchases were made in the Home Depot in Raleigh, IIRC. The gloves, acid, etc. were made in Texas.
Welcome!

Grrrrr.

Now they're talking about pics of cuts on the body -- certainly there shouldn't be repeats of the same pic or one that's very close, but this is the work of the defendant (and maybe his partner), but it is as much a part of the crime as fingerprints and bloodstains and emails, etc., etc., etc.

Some are from an autopsy which is public record -- if someone wants to view them in the ME's office (NC law prevents them from being published publicly, i.e., outside of the courtroom). We won't see 'em but the jury will.

Show them! As Stephens just said, they are more probative than prejudicial. This is real life here, folks. Put 'em up there.

That's right borndem! Screw the defendant's concerns about the photos being prejudicial. He wasn't concerned about that when he was sawing her into pieces. This is heinous. If the pictures depict that, tough luck. He ought to be thanking his lucky stars he's not facing death, because that's what he deserves (and I 'm not a DP supporter).

bbm

Not sure about the saw, but the acid, trash can and protective gloves were bought at a Home Depot in Texas near Karen Berrys (Amandas sister) home. The Home Depot employee who helped Grant shop was on the stand yesterday.

ETA- I believe a trip in NC was to buy the saw, coolers, and possibly some other stuff I can not recall. I want to say a tarp or garbage bags or something, but my memory is failing.

Hayes ought to be made to look at what they're showing the jury. Face it.

Instead, he pretends to take notes. Well, at least he and Durham aren't giggling like they usually do.

Grrrrr.

Some are from an autopsy which is public record -- if someone wants to view them in the ME's office (NC law prevents them from being published publicly, i.e., outside of the courtroom).* We won't see 'em but the jury will.

* ETA: This pertains to autopsies done by NC ME's. I assume here that a full copy the autopsy will be given to the State of NC or at least Wake County. I do not know how an out-of-state autopsy is treated by NC laws.

Not sure about the saw, but the acid, trash can and protective gloves were bought at a Home Depot in Texas near Karen Berrys (Amandas sister) home. The Home Depot employee who helped Grant shop was on the stand yesterday.

ETA- I believe a trip in NC was to buy the saw, coolers, and possibly some other stuff I can not recall. I want to say a tarp or garbage bags or something, but my memory is failing.

My memory is failing, too, Nymeria, but your account above sounds correct -- the HD trip with the acid, gloves, and trash can was indeed in an HD in Texas.

bbm

The Home Depot trip was in Texas to buy the acid, trash can & chemical resistant gloves. IIRC ther may have been 2 purchasing trips in Raleigh. I believe one was to purchase saw and tarp, think at Walmart. A later trip was made to purchase coolers, I think.

Apparently LA was not strangled....was she smothered with a pillow or something? No apparent trauma to anything (unless to the missing parts -- lower legs and left femur -- not likely). I guess a tox screen wasn't possible? Certainly we've seen "undetermined homicidal violence" before, but this is a damm weird case.:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste