GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently LA was not strangled....was she smothered with a pillow or something? No apparent trauma to anything (unless to the missing parts -- lower legs and left femur -- not likely). I guess a tox screen wasn't possible? Certainly we've seen "undetermined homicidal violence" before, but this is a damm weird case.:moo:

I was gone for an hour and may have missed some part of this. But based on what Amanda H. said to her sister...something to the effect of 'I shoved her and hurt her bad' leads me to believe it was a head injury??

I have absolutely nothing exciting planned for the weekend. Hope you guys do. I supposed this trial is the most excitement I have going right now.
Everybody have a good, and safe, weekend!

Fairly typical cause (undetermined homicide) when a body has been dismembered, had acid on it, put in scummy water for a week or so. Unless there was an injury like a gunshot or blunt force trauma, it would be difficult to ascertain cause of death due to decomp of soft tissues.

Bottomline is it's a homicide and we know who did it and both of them are guilty of doing it.

Well, 'East, the ME said no head fractures, no bullets, etc., but maybe something could have happened to the head without a fracture -- dunno. She could have pushed her into the wall or knocked her down to the floor -- her forehead -- and just let her bleed to death -- the head is full of veins & arteries -- or not given her resuscitation if she had trouble breathing?

Have a nice & safe weekend all, see ya Monday :seeya:

Apparently LA was not strangled....was she smothered with a pillow or something? No apparent trauma to anything (unless to the missing parts -- lower legs and left femur -- not likely). I guess a tox screen wasn't possible? Certainly we've seen "undetermined homicidal violence" before, but this is a damm weird case.:moo:

So it seems she was not hit in the head since no skull damage.

I wonder (I apologize in advance - it makes me ill to say this) whether she was stabbed. Were there any organs left, e.g., the heart? If not, she could have been stabbed, bled out in the bathtub, but any evidence would have decomposed if no rib bones were nicked.

Or they smothered her as you suggested. My last thought is perhaps she was poisoned, maybe drugged via hypodermic needle. If they overdosed her with heroin, she would have stopped breathing and died.

I don't know, but they kept her body Wednesday night, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and IIRC put her in the creek on Wednesday (is that right?). That's an entire week!!! Talk about macabre. It's just horrific.

Well, 'East, the ME said no head fractures, no bullets, etc., but maybe something could have happened to the head without a fracture -- dunno. She could have pushed her into the wall or knocked her down to the floor -- her forehead -- and just let her bleed to death -- the head is full of veins & arteries -- or not given her resuscitation if she had trouble breathing?

I am praying that Grant will testify. I am praying that Grant will testify. I can't stress that enough. He is doing everything possible to cast all the guilt on AH so he very well may testify, with his big EGO and his attorneys' blessing. Maybe then we'll find out exactly what supposedly happened. I don't think we'll get the truth out of AH.

I wonder (I apologize in advance - it makes me ill to say this) whether she was stabbed. Were there any organs left, e.g., the heart? If not, she could have been stabbed, bled out in the bathtub, but any evidence would have decomposed if no rib bones were nicked.

Or they smothered her as you suggested. My last thought is perhaps she was poisoned, maybe drugged via hypodermic needle. If they overdosed her with heroin, she would have stopped breathing and died.

I don't know, but they kept her body Wednesday night, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and IIRC put her in the creek on Wednesday (is that right?). That's an entire week!!! Talk about macabre. It's just horrific.

I think drugs are a very likely possibility. Early on in the threads, there were ?locals? or something (I need to review it again) about Grant's drug use, and no offense to musicians, but bars and clubs are a pretty fertile ground to score some drugs and needles.

Question for anyone who might know...

If a person is given immunity in exchange for evidence, is there any public record or formal record of it? So, for example (and just hypothetically), if Karen Berry had been threatened with prosecution but she gave them info in exchange for immunity, would the defense be able to refer to a formal document referring to the agreement?

Or is such a thing all done under the table, not on record?

I am praying that Grant will testify. I am praying that Grant will testify. I can't stress that enough. He is doing everything possible to cast all the guilt on AH so he very well may testify, with his big EGO and his attorneys' blessing. Maybe then we'll find out exactly what supposedly happened. I don't think we'll get the truth out of AH.

NCEast, can you tell me, can they BOTH be charged with murder? Like in the Michael Bargo case where all 5 were charged, 1 plead guilty, and the other 4 were all convicted for the same murder?

Couldn't they both have done the actual murder together? For example, one person held her down while the other suffocated her, or something like that? Or is there some evidence which proves only 1 committed the actual murder?

I think drugs are a very likely possibility. Early on in the threads, there were ?locals? or something (I need to review it again) about Grant's drug use, and no offense to musicians, but bars and clubs are a pretty fertile ground to score some drugs and needles.

Yeah, his drug rep is what made me think of it. Heroin is very easy to get, so much so, it's scary.

Question for anyone who might know...

If a person is given immunity in exchange for evidence, is there any public record or formal record of it? So, for example (and just hypothetically), if Karen Berry had been threatened with prosecution but she gave them info in exchange for immunity, would the defense be able to refer to a formal document referring to the agreement?

Or is such a thing all done under the table, not on record?

Dang, that's a good question. I would tend to think there is a written document, a contract as it were, somewhere in the DA's office. I don't know that it would be public record but it would be part of the case file.
I think you are onto something with respect to KB and her role--did she know before they arrived what the purpose of their visit was, or did she not know a thing until they got there and AH spilled it to her? When bits and pieces of this case were leaking out I really thought KB must have been privy to the reason for the visit, thus complicit, but now I'm not sure I still think she knew anything beforehand. I hope she testifies too as she has a LOT to lose if it doesn't pan out right.

Also in court Tuesday, Judge Stephenson asked court observers who might be affiliated with either the defendant or Ackerson not to get into courthouse elevators with jurors after a juror said they were uncomfortable being in an elevator with someone with an interest in the case.

Was this person affiliated with Hayes or Laura, does anyone know any details about this?

There is no way in Disney-hell he would ever get on that stand. I mean, he cannot possibly think it would help his case to be cross-examined and be all smug, right? :confused: Right? Right? :scared:

Dang, that's a good question. I would tend to think there is a written document, a contract as it were, somewhere in the DA's office. I don't know that it would be public record but it would be part of the case file.
I think you are onto something with respect to KB and her role--did she know before they arrived what the purpose of their visit was, or did she not know a thing until they got there and AH spilled it to her? When bits and pieces of this case were leaking out I really thought KB must have been privy to the reason for the visit, thus complicit, but now I'm not sure I still think she knew anything beforehand. I hope she testifies too as she has a LOT to lose if it doesn't pan out right.

I'm confused about the sister. In the opening, they said Amanda's sister would testify that Amanda told her she killed Laura, but why would the sister testify against her own sister?

There is no way in Disney-hell he would ever get on that stand. I mean, he cannot possibly think it would help his case to be cross-examined and be all smug, right? :confused: Right? Right? :scared:

LOL! I think he's about to wet his pants just wanting to testify. He has that EGO that is larger than anything he may face from the prosecution.
After the first Jason Young trial with Becky Holt and her UNDERwhelming cross of him--after all of those years of his silence--she and Boz better have learned a good lesson on being prepared just in case.

I'm confused about the sister. In the opening, they said Amanda's sister would testify that Amanda told her she killed Laura, but why would the sister testify against her own sister?

To save her own butt since they ended up in her house and on her property with LA's body parts. If the sister knew in advance what the purpose of the visit was going to be she could be criminally charged. If she testifies and tells the truth, she probably made a deal to avoid prosecution.

Possibly dumb answer from a casual watcher: is it the same sister they went to in TX? Is she testifying to protect herself?

Edit: I guess I HAVE been paying attention after all.

Very good points, as usual, Boods! Stabbing -- ahhh, maybe so. And if she were stabbed in the stomach, nothing there to nick -- and yes, I thought earlier about just letting her bleed to death in the bathtub (How cruel. They must do something about access by the boys to the bathroom -- lock it, or put her in theirs instead? -- running a long shower to wash all the blood out of the tub and out of the pipes in their plumbing system. If so, somebody did clean all blood traces out of the bathroom, and that takes care of the missing shower curtain, too. Wrap her up and throw her in the trash can and slice & dice later, or on the road (Wasn't there a shower curtain there a few days prior, according to AH's daughter?)

Yep, I like those ideas, Boodles. And certainly a heroin OD would work, and quickly, quietly and neatly, too...

<smh> How cruel people can be.

To save her own butt since they ended up in her house and on her property with LA's body parts. If the sister knew in advance what the purpose of the visit was going to be she could be criminally charged. If she testifies and tells the truth, she probably made a deal to avoid prosecution.

And she must've been told something, because Grant and Amanda only stayed there for 1-2 days if I'm not mistaken. Who takes a cross-country (practically) trip and then stays for a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95