GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, problem solved! Now, this nice man deserves a flashing light, siren blaring, highest speed allowed trip back to the airport to help him catch his plane.

Retired forensic odontologist from Texas is under voir-dire concerning his examination and comparison of the full x-rays provided by Laura's dentist to the full ex-rays from the initial autopsy.

He also was called back to examine one of the teeth for acid etching. It was the maxillary left central incisor. He examined the tooth under a good light and deemed there was some acid etching by rubbing his finger over the tooth. He didn't examine any more teeth.

It was the only incisor left? This is the mystery! He also said that it's not unusual for single-rooted teeth to slip out into the body bag. In this case, they don't know what happened to the teeth (I'm assuming) between TX and NC.

Help me out here. Is this defense team utterly stupid by belaboring this tooth issue?

Any idiot could deduce that her head was put into the ACID that GH bought, and AH paid for, at Home Depot, which was then poured into the trash can purchased at the same time. The defense ought not to insult the jurors with BS, IMO.

This makes me sick. Poor Laura.

Help me out here. Is this defense team utterly stupid by belaboring this tooth issue?

Any idiot could deduce that her head was put into the ACID that GH bought, and AH paid for, at Home Depot. They ought not to insult the jurors with BS, IMO.

This makes me sick. Poor Laura.

Considering all the atrocities visited upon Laura, this is nickel-and-dime stuff which would never change the outcome. My heart breaks for her and for her family.

I also wonder that GH bought so much acid while in TX. I have to wonder if they were considering trying to use it to dissolve all of her and it wouldn't work on a "test piece".

I missed the first 1/2 hour after lunch and I would like to thank the person who posted all the screen shots of AH dumping the remaining acid right in front of the camera.

Retired forensic odontologist from Texas is under voir-dire concerning his examination and comparison of the full x-rays provided by Laura's dentist to the full ex-rays from the initial autopsy.

He also was called back to examine one of the teeth for acid etching. It was the maxillary left central incisor. He examined the tooth under a good light and deemed there was some acid etching by rubbing his finger over the tooth. He didn't examine any more teeth.

It was the only incisor left? This is the mystery! He also said that it's not unusual for single-rooted teeth to slip out into the body bag. In this case, they don't know what happened to the teeth (I'm assuming) between TX and NC.

I like that elderly dentist. Wish he had been mine for the past 50 years and maybe I would have avoided some problems. He shoots straight from the hip and doesn't take any crap.
I don't know what the deal is with the defense and the tooth/teeth. Becky Holt showed some fire there for a moment -- haven't seen that in her before.

I wish every trial could be in this judges courtroom.
I am surprised how much I am appreciating his style, the PA's styles, and even the D team. This is the first trial I have watched where I do not intensely dislike at least a few players.
Only one I am disgusted with this time....Mr. "Look at Me" Hayes.

Oh, my. I had a bit of buffering and missed something. It sounds as though there has to be some sort of chain of evidence concerning the body parts?

ETA: It seems as though the defense wants to challenge that the head is not from her body???

ETA 2: Now, the judge has called back the diver whose plane isn't taking off for a while back to see if he can identify the head retrieved from the swamp as the same head as was delivered to the coroner's office!

I don't know if the defense, with their objection got what they wanted, now the pictures of the head can be shown in court.

Now, diver who isn't leaving yet didn't see the unwrapped head.

The guy on the way to the airport is apparently being told to turn around and come back to court.

Macabre...

Just how many bodiless heads does the defense think are floating around in that coroner's office? :floorlaugh:

And,,,,I have been sitting here wondering if he and Grant H. were friends at some point in their lives. Both are from Kinston. He looked towards the defense table at one point and just kind of let out a giggle.

I saw it, too, NC Buddy, and I wondered if GH shrugged or a similar (not bad) gesture, and looked at him to further make light of the situation, as he has done
icon8.gif
from the get-go. Or maybe this guy was just plain nervous on the stand -- some folks get the giggles when they're nervous.

Considering all the atrocities visited upon Laura, this is nickel-and-dime stuff which would never change the outcome. My heart breaks for her and for her family.

I also wonder that GH bought so much acid while in TX. I have to wonder if they were considering trying to use it to dissolve all of her and it wouldn't work on a "test piece".

I missed the first 1/2 hour after lunch and I would like to thank the person who posted all the screen shots of AH dumping the remaining acid right in front of the camera.

Bbm. I think you're exactly right, CarolinaMoon!

Oh, my. I had a bit of buffering and missed something. It sounds as though there has to be some sort of chain of evidence concerning the body parts?

ETA: It seems as though the defense wants to challenge that the head is not from her body???

ETA 2: Now, the judge has called back the diver whose plane isn't taking off for a while back to see if he can identify the head retrieved from the swamp as the same head as was delivered to the coroner's office!

I don't know if the defense, with their objection got what they wanted, now the pictures of the head can be shown in court
Now, diver who isn't leaving yet didn't see the unwrapped head.

The guy on the way to the airport is apparently being told to turn around and come back to court.

Macabre...

Hmmmm. I've seen Stephens in several trials, and he is always sharp & doesn't seem to ever miss a thing -- but, and maybe it's me cuz I'm such a fan, but it seems to me that His Honor is being extra-careful in this particular trial. If so, why? Is it cuz there's a 2nd one and he doesn't want to let a 2nd defendant get stuck? Or afraid that the jury may feel (if they even know) that since there's another defandant, that this trial must be very, very convincing ("no doubt" at all, period) for a Guilty 1st?

Or is it just me seeing this?

I saw it, too, NC Buddy, and I wondered if GH shrugged or a similar (not bad) gesture, and looked at him to further make light of the situation, as he has done
icon8.gif
from the get-go. Or maybe this guy was just plain nervous on the stand -- some folks get the giggles when they're nervous.

I just took him as someone who spent alot of time walking into rooms to treat people who weren't esp. happy to see him. His smiling, etc. is maybe to put them at ease? And when he got on the stand, he just went into what was comfortable to him. I actually thought he seemed really nervous and not enjoying his time on the stand at all. JMO.

But what do I know? I'm busy ransacking the joint for the laughing gas hose as soon as I get in the patient room.:drumroll:

I wish every trial could be in this judges courtroom.
I am surprised how much I am appreciating his style, the PA's styles, and even the D team. This is the first trial I have watched where I do not intensely dislike at least a few players.
Only one I am disgusted with this time....Mr. "Look at Me" Hayes.

Thank you for the compliment on our beloved judge. We, who follow trials, adore Judge Stephens and his sweet, yet firm, manner. He's trying to retire so I don't know how many more we may have the pleasure of seeing him preside over. He is truly a gentleman and an eminent jurist.
I'm not adverse to this defense team either. They were the 3rd, state appointed, who came in sort of late in the game. Mr. GH, the EGO, fired the first two who were appointed....demanded a black public defender from Durham. I detest him.

icon8.gif

Oh gosh, I'm the world's worst for giggling when I'm nervous and at the most horrible times too. Much like Mary Tyler Moore when Chuckles the Clown died. Once, I was 90 percent dead on a gurney in the local emergency room and all I could do was giggle. All of the medical folks thought I was in shock, I was just nervous.

Thank you for the compliment on our beloved judge. We, who follow trials, adore Judge Stephens and his sweet, yet firm, manner. He's trying to retire so I don't know how many more we may have the pleasure of seeing him preside over. He is truly a gentleman and an eminent jurist.
I'm not adverse to this defense team either. They were the 3rd, state appointed, who came in sort of late in the game. Mr. GH, the EGO, fired the first two who were appointed....demanded a black public defender from Durham. I detest him.

I like this judge as well, such a horrible case to have to be involved in especially just before you retire.....I feel for all of them that have to look and remember those horrible photos. GH can't be sentenced fast enough for me. :moo:

Seriously did anyone else catch Karen Berrys attorneys name. Dick Tate. Haha dictate.

Her name was Allison Read

I knew some Reads (not Reids or Reeds) -- not sure if there was an Allison -- the dad in the family was a HS Health teacher and coach. He's prolly not living now since I had him in HS about 105 years ago... I'm still thinking since I may have known some others...

I followed this case waaaay back in the beginning, lost track, and just now read the first first 100 posts on this #2 thread.

Is there a way to catch up on the best parts of the trial thru youtube?
CourtJunkie http://www.youtube.com/user/CourtJunkie/videos
posted opening stmts by the St and defense; day 2 in several clips; and day 3, part one, posted a day ago.

Besides the opening stmts, suggestions for the best witnesses and/or evidence?

Anyone?

ETA: also, any forecasts for how long the trial will run?

Sorry - as I'm sure you watchers know this, but I am only able to follow this at night online. How did Amanda get on camera disposing of Laura? Just a great stroke of luck for LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody