GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - as I'm sure you watchers know this, but I am only able to follow this at night online. How did Amanda get on camera disposing of Laura? Just a great stroke of luck for LE?

I'm not sure if you mean the photos of her with the acid bottles (if there is footage of her with the actual remains I missed it), but I read that was from a "game camera" which I assume is a hunting thing.

I'm not sure if you mean the photos of her with the acid bottles (if there is footage of her with the actual remains I missed it), but I read that was from a "game camera" which I assume is a hunting thing.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks!

I followed this case waaaay back in the beginning, lost track, and just now read the first first 100 posts on this #2 thread.

Is there a way to catch up on the best parts of the trial thru youtube?
CourtJunkie http://www.youtube.com/user/CourtJunkie/videos
posted opening stmts by the St and defense; day 2 in several clips; and day 3, part one, posted a day ago.

Besides the opening stmts, suggestions for the best witnesses and/or evidence?

Anyone?

ETA: also, any forecasts for how long the trial will run?

They said around 6 weeks

I really thot the first two witnesses were great. Sargent Larout was a very good witness but it's very long. Good overview of the case I thought tho.

That was incredible luck, or maybe divine intervention! If you google earth that cul-de-sac, you can see the post with a box containing (I think) the camera. But who would have suspected there might be a camera there? Amazing capture!

I followed this case waaaay back in the beginning, lost track, and just now read the first first 100 posts on this #2 thread.

posted opening stmts by the St and defense; day 2 in several clips; and day 3, part one, posted a day ago.

Anyone?

ETA on how long for the trial: iirc, they stated 4 weeks.

WRAL has a listing/video of the trial by the witness. I have only been able to watch sporratically, so I don't feel comfortable saying which one may be more important. Perhaps someone else will be able to chime in on that aspect for you, al66pine.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/12826513/

They said around 6 weeks

I really thot the first two witnesses were great. Sargent Larout was a very good witness but it's very long. Good overview of the case I thought tho.

I agree about Sgt Latour (RPD LE who travelled to TX) - long but packed full of info. Sha Gudat (sp?), AH's daughter, was interesting. I found the questioning of the Berry boys interesting, too, especially the defense cross, where they desperately tried to get the young men to speak about Karen Berry. The Houston PD diver (today) was heart wrenching.

Anyone?

LA's business partner was the one instrumental in getting LE involved in LA's disappearance very early on. A cell phone pro with the Raleigh PD was the one who discovered GH's phone was pinging in Tx, which immediately led 2 detectives to TX to check things out. In the interim, they found out that AH's sister lived in TX and got her name/address/etc. The Raleigh detectives sought out help from the Tx detectives and Houston Dive Team when they found out the creek was across the road from the sister's house. There has actually been no one single or a couple of witnesses who have been more important.....it has been a continual process of connecting the dots. The Raleigh PD and the TX LE folks are to be commended for how quickly they put two and two together and pretty much tied all of this up in just a very short time.

Good morning everyone. I hope today's trial testimony will be full of interesting facts and people!
Hope everybody is well.

Good morning to you too, NCEast. Thank you all for keeping the thread up to date for those of us who cannot watch in real time. :)

Good morning, everyone!

I have now officially caught up on the trial! Thanks to WRAL for their wonderful archive. By their system of doing one witness at a time, it is easy to catch what's been missed. Since I have my BFF visiting for a week coming in next Wednesday, I can imagine I'll be on their site and here with my headphone on in some odd hours.

With the testimony of the Odontologist coming up today, I have a feeling that the other medical testimony may come in today as well. I'm not looking forward to that.

Friday, 09/06/13
Grant Hayes Trial - cont'd

Morning, Websleuths Peeps --

Just in case anybody needs the WRAL streaming link:

http://www.wral.com/news/video/12826677/#/vid12826677

Power to the People of the State of North Carolina for justice for Laura Ackerman, her children and her family!!

Aaaaaad GH's is in white again today! Just like an angel straight from heaven!

NC owed such a debt of gratitude to TX. Great LE work on the investigation, the dive team, and this wonderful gentleman. One of the few experts who is self-deprecating yet the best his field of study has to offer.

Dr. Stimson, a forensic odontologist from Texas is the first to testify -- he was briefly voir-dired after court adjourned yesterday. He is certified as an expert, and he is one smart guy, IMO. He's explaining generally how he goes about id'ing a deceased person by comparing it to dental records from the deceased before death. Sharp, and prolly been-there-done-that on just about anything & everything.

He is the one who was called to ID LA.

Dr. Stimson, a forensic odontologist from Texas is the first to testify -- he was briefly voir-dired after court adjourned yesterday. He is certified as an expert, and he is one smart guy, IMO. He's explaining generally how he goes about id'ing a deceased person by comparing it to dental records from the deceased before death. Sharp, and prolly been-there-done-that on just about anything & everything.

He is the one who was called to ID LA.

I am really loving this Dr. Stimson! I grew up without a father--would love for this man to have been mine. What a brilliant mind he has and I think his working so long has absolutely contributed to his genius.

This guy is very good except for one thing (and it's my personal pet peeve): when asked a question he doesn't just answer the question, he goes on and on to expound on every other thing, even that which wasn't asked. You ask him the time and he'll tell you how to build a clock. I realize many people like and appreciate that, but it drives me crazy! :-#

It is Stimson's opinion that there was a positive match between the skull teeth and the Kinston dentist's record of LA's teeth.

Now we're getting into "acid etching."

I have acid reflux and it has affected my enamel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody