GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhhhhh thank you, invisible mod who already changed our thread title to add, "*GUILTY*"

OK I have not posted this up until now.
Actually I found it quite irritating because I do not LIKE the song at all....

But this has been stuck in my head off and on almost every day when trial was in session.
I went and found the lyrics and it is almost eerie.
But this day is for her, so here they are-

"Think Of Laura" by Christopher Cross

Is it not just wild how fitting these lyrics are?

I've had that song stuck in my head so many times over the last 2 years... you are right, it is very appropriate. More today than ever...

Wanna bet if the Judge had allowed the jury to start deliberating on Friday that it would have been announced about an hour later on Friday?

IMO the Judge may have been deliberate and let the weekend be a cooling off period for jurors before they deliberated but the hard, cold facts of what GH did to Laura remain as awful as when it happened. Nothing can ever diminish what was done to her.

oooh good point!!! You're right!! This judge is so smart. Then his little supporters would be saying, oh the jury rushed 'cause it was Friday and they just wanted to go home, blah, blah, it's wasn't fair, blah, blah. Thank you Judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geevee, told ya we were gonna get this verdict in before Chrisman....LOL!

Chrisman is still deliberating?
Didn't they go in a couple days before this trial wrapped up?
(Not been really following that one).

Also, what trial is up next for most of you?
Would like to join in again, just not sure if anything is ready to kick off.

PS- *SIGH* CNN reporting multiple deaths in DC Navy Yard situation. I am so tired of the mass shootings
and the ease with which these obviously unhinged people can pull them off.

Did you see the bailiffs or whatever those court guards are called, 2 huge guys, hovering near the defendant? Ready to deal with him if he created a problem.

Chrisman is still deliberating?
Didn't they go in a couple days before this trial wrapped up?
(Not been really following that one).

Also, what trial is up next for most of you?
Would like to join in again, just not sure if anything is ready to kick off.

PS- *SIGH* CNN reporting multiple deaths in DC Navy Yard situation. I am so tired of the mass shootings
and the ease with which these obviously unhinged people can pull them off.

Yes, I think this is going into 3rd or 4th day, but their hours are short and they take 1.5 hr lunches, etc.. So far been deliberatin 16 hours.

Don't know about next trial, I'm trying to get these two wrapped up and then take a break!!

So sad about that, prayers for them and their families.

Oh, and belated :welcome5: to IslandMixed and Veracity!

You picked a good one to join us on, the way all trials should be.

Thank you to this judge and jury, prosecutors, most of all to LE teams in NC and Texas, detectives if not for them who knows where this monster would be today...probably relaxing on a beach in the Virgin Islands.

Such a pang of sorrow for the children right now (NOT b/c of Grant), but because this chapter has closed but they will forever live without their mother who loved them so much. Where are they now, are they with Grants' parents???? Furious mad, do they even mention their mother to them?? Are they even allowed to mourn their mother???

So sad for this.

Well damn I totally missed that! Always late to these things. Good job jury!

TOLD YA it was a slam dunk case!!!

Next up they're coming after you Amanda....may you live out your days in prison............

TEARS!!!! OMG... ROT IN HELL PIG!!!!!:jail:

He's a FERAL pig and is going back to his cage. Without Pablo there to hide behind - what happens now?

Hooray for the verdict. It is bittersweet for all involved, I'm sure. I feel so badly for those poor kids. Please someone, keep them far away from him and please don't ever show them that smiling picture of GH and AH with them in Motel 6 on their TX trip.

This is one of the better cases I've seen for Websleuths. I'm going to miss the chatting. Y'all take care. :seeya:

Wish AH's trial would get here before January!

Can someone tell me - is it possible for Dr. Wynns the OTHER Raleigh Pyschologist and GH's custody attorneys to be called as witnesses in AH's trial?

GH's trial included 115 (or was it 150?) possible witnesses. They got it done with less than half! TERRRIFIC JOB PROSECUTORS!

I hope they televise the trial in Texas on the woman who killed her boyfriend, the college professor, with her stiletto heeled shoe.

and one of these days get Jodi Arias over and done with...

Thank you to this judge and jury, prosecutors, most of all to LE teams in NC and Texas, detectives if not for them who knows where this monster would be today...probably relaxing on a beach in the Virgin Islands.

Such a pang of sorrow for the children right now (NOT b/c of Grant), but because this chapter has closed but they will forever live without their mother who loved them so much. Where are they now, are they with Grants' parents???? Furious mad, do they even mention their mother to them?? Are they even allowed to mourn their mother???

So sad for this.

They are with Grant's parents. I would imagine that they are allowed to grieve... remember, PH is the one that gave LA a job and allowed her and the kids to live with her while she was getting on her feet. I can't imagine PH is very pleased to know what her son and his evil wife did to the mother of her grandchildren, which is I guess why we haven't heard or seen her much. I would hope that she has the best interest of the children at heart, she has seen the evil that is her son.

I don't want to get too far ahead while we're still celebrating this victory, but we already know Amanda's "alibi" is gonna be I was in the other room watching the kids. Her whole defense is gonna be I had to watch the kids, and I had a baby so that's my excuse. Plus you know her defense is gonna pound it into that jury that one man has already been convicted of the crime.

So nervous for that trial.....

oooh good point!!! You're right!! This judge is so smart. Then his little supporters would be saying, oh the jury rushed 'cause it was Friday and they just wanted to go home, blah, blah, it's wasn't fair, blah, blah. Thank you Judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my take on it. This Judge is one smart cookie. As it was the defense asked for a dismissal after the verdict was read. WTF? I assume that means they will automatically appeal. I say good luck with that boys. This Judge was one step ahead of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState