GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes Wolfe ‏@WolfeReports 1m
Getting new Jurors No. 1, 4 and 9 after lunch. #ackerson

Those are the spots to fill? How many alternates, anyone know?

It looks like the replacements for 1, 4 and 9 are all women per Wes Wolfe - the ones after lunch.

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 1h
Looks like they are moving right along today in the jury selection for the #AmandaHayes trial

Here I have been keeping busy at home cause I thought it would take a week! lol

We are moving right along and you are right opening could begin tomorrow. I guess those PJ's I was going to make may have to wait!

Thanks to all for keeping the jury count going. I truly appreciate it!

:loveyou: :cheers: :yourock: :party:

:cupcake:

Wes Wolfe ‏@WolfeReports 1m
Getting new Jurors No. 1, 4 and 9 after lunch. #ackerson

Those are the spots to fill? How many alternates, anyone know?

In a trial of the expected 4-week length, Judges normally want 4 alternates. I've watched trials where one juror was released due to sickness; one where 1 was released due to transportation problems; one where a juror was discussing at a restaurant, was reported, admitted it and released, etc., etc. There was one trial where there were no alternates left, but the sitting jury was able to take it to final verdict. Four alternates are not "too many" IMO.

:okay: Reading these updates is getting me so pumped for this trial...

I did not realize just how much I missed the courts, I think the Holidays distracted me.

On another note-

WELCOME 04009Margaret!!
Look forward to discussing the trial with you, hope you enjoy it here with us:seeya:

:welcome4:​

Wes Wolfe ‏@WolfeReports 6m
Evidently people keep giving Skittles to ADA Zellinger. Judge, jury yet to return. #ackerson

Ooooohhhhhh!!

wes wolfe ‏@wolfereports 2m

that interview with grant hayes got a wral reporter on the amanda hayes trial witness list. #ackerson

First replacement juror is tossed, per Wes - knew too much.

2 1/2 hour lunch? What is going on?

It could be that the principals need to work out something with the Judge or handle some other trial matter. Lunches, during the "regular" part of the trial (not jury selection) usually run for an hour and a half so that the principals can take care of sidebars, schedule-planning for the rest of the trial, or other matters.

No idea why the extra-long lunch other than what I said. Maybe a tweeter has seen something....

Number 4 juror stays. No info.

Number 9 juror stays - Female who has a daughter who is friends with a violent crime victim. Replacement Juror No. 9 exercises with a family law attorney. RJ9's parents got divorced when she lived in the Bahamas when she was 5.....and her mother lived in Scotland. She went to boarding school in England when she was 11. At 16 she moved to NC.

I doubt we will see opening tomorrow. Two hours left and the alternates still need to be picked AND the defense has their challenges left too (I forget how many).

Need one more replacement juror plus alts. right?

Gah, I need to fix the jury description. He made a mistake.

For those who care, replaced white male with white female, black female with black female & white female with white female. #ackerson

Wes Wolfe ‏@WolfeReports 6m
Second replacement Juror No. 1 stays. Before, misidentified her as RJ9. State dismisses Juror No. 12. #ackerson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member