GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Picture of Amanda is scary looking! and Why did she wear stripes to court? is this going to be her court attire like GH all in white. lol

Her eyes freak me out!

bbm

Whoooo -- <shiver> You said it, Jewels! Her eyes have always had that scary look, I agree. I'm no cosmetologist, but I wonder if her actual eyebrows are in a different place than the ones she has penciled on that pic? It somehow doesn't look natural to me, but I am certainly not qualified to judge that type thing. Her brows make her eyes look more evil, IMO. What type of look is she going for here, anyway?? JMO.

Keeping juror #3 too.Were any jurors seated yesterday? If not, got two jurors so far.

This Picture of Amanda is scary looking! and Why did she wear stripes to court? is this going to be her court attire like GH all in white. lol

Her eyes freak me out!

I was wondering the same thing yesterday, why in the world would she wear black and white stripes to the first day (or any day) of her murder trial? And those eyes, oh my, they are spooky.

Wes Wolfe &#8207;@WolfeReports 4m
Juror No. 8 stays. #ackerson

Wes Wolfe &#8207;@WolfeReports 5m
Juror No. 7 said he was his ex-wife's husband's witness in a child custody case, stays. #ackerson

Wes Wolfe &#8207;@WolfeReports 6m
Juror No. 6 says he's a Redskins and Carolina Hurricanes fan, stays. #ackerson

Wes Wolfe &#8207;@WolfeReports 8m
Juror No. 5 stays. #ackerson

Wes Wolfe &#8207;@WolfeReports 8m
Juror No. 4 says she thinks Amanda Hayes is probably guilty, said so to coworkers last year. She's dismissed. #ackerson

https://twitter.com/WolfeReports

bbm

Whoooo -- <shiver> You said it, Jewels! Her eyes have always had that scary look, I agree. I'm no cosmetologist, but I wonder if her actual eyebrows are in a different place than the ones she has penciled on that pic? It somehow doesn't look natural to me, but I am certainly not qualified to judge that type thing. Her brows make her eyes look more evil, IMO. What type of look is she going for here, anyway?? JMO.

Bbm - This post makes me laugh out loud! OMG, thanks for the levity! :loveyou::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

On a serious note, very scary eyes, and that pic really shows AH's resemblance to her daughter, S.

Are these going to be the jury or will there be more rounds of questioning? If this is it, it's going pretty quickly, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 stay.

i believe i read in a yesterday news report that the state has a witness list of 160. if all are called, this will be a long trial.

I suspect that about half of that bunch were disqualified/allowed to leave after the principals spoke to them about the possible length of the trial, and if there was an initial questionnaire -- highly likely IMO -- then that document took care of the others who were already biased or thought AH was guilty, had commitments, etc., etc.

Maybe they've seated a couple today already. Fingers crossed.

Got six jurors so far by my count.

Are these going to be the jury or will there be more rounds of questioning? If this is it, it's going pretty quickly, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 stay.

It seems to be going fairly quickly now. No. 10 stays too. The judge or someone said selection would probably take 2 days at the start, so that would be yesterday and today. Maybe we'll start with openings tomorrow.

I suspect that about half of that bunch were disqualified/allowed to leave after the principals spoke to them about the possible length of the trial, and if there was an initial questionnaire -- highly likely IMO -- then that document took care of the others who were already biased or thought AH was guilty, had commitments, etc., etc.

Maybe they've seated a couple today already. Fingers crossed.

I was referring to the Prosecutions Witness List that totaled 160 according to news report

Juror No. 2: Male. Worked at a store Grant visited after the murder.
Juror No. 3: ? Bruins fan.
Juror No. 5: ?
Juror No. 6: Male. Redskins and Hurricane fan.
Juror No. 7: Male. States he was a witness for his ex-wife's husband in a custody case.
Juror No. 8: ?
Juror No. 10: ?
Juror No. 11: Female. Read stories about Grant's case but mis-remembered some of the details.
Juror No. 12: Female. Reads tweets but does not tweet. Said she read some stories about the case, including Grant Hayes saying it was an accident.

Wes Wolfe &#8207;@WolfeReports 1m
Getting new Jurors No. 1, 4 and 9 after lunch. #ackerson

Those are the spots to fill? How many alternates, anyone know?

I was referring to the Prosecutions Witness List that totaled 160 according to news report

Indeed you were, Chelly! -- :doh::shakehead: -- Please excuse. I need to slow down a bit....

12 is standard but in long murder trials they can pick up to 14. I guess that's up to the judge?

If they accepted #12, that is 9 filled.

Wes Wolfe &#8207;@WolfeReports 3m
Three women to replace two women and a man on the panel. #ackerson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads