GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is y'alls take on the 3ft bleached out carpet area that was right inside the front door of their apt?

IMO, that specific piece of evidence really told the story of what likely happened..or rather when it likely happened.. For me it really made me believe that the attack likely occurred the very moment that Laura crossed the threshold into their apt.. It makes me think that not only was it extremely premeditated, but their entire and ONLY motive they had for luring her to the apt that day was to murder her, period.. IMO there was no physical altercation.. IMO there weren't even words exchanged.. IMO I really do believe that it was that level of premeditation, and that she was struck IMMEDIATELY as she entered their apt.(struck or stabbed) either way I believe there was an immediately incapacitating blow delivered as soon as she stepped inside, and IMO it is the blood evidence from that wound that they attempted to destroy with bleach..jmo, tho..

Hi, Guys!

I've been waiting and waiting for this trial. IMHO, Grant WAS the major planner in Laura's murder and manipulated Amanda. However, she allowed herself to be manipulated. But, what did she have to gain by Laura's "disappearance"? Two more children to raise. I'm sure she needed that if she was overwhelmed by PPD or just the exhaustion a new baby creates.

However, I do see her as having an active part in planning out the disposal and other related matters. As for her sister, I totally agree she knows a lot more than she is telling.

I hope to watch live as much as possible, but life keeps getting in the way. I know you all will help me keep up with the action, even if I can't be here.

Hi All,

I normally lurk on here but feel compelled to join in the convo re this trial. I'm following from Aus. The roughly drafted custody agreement made by GH points to what really happened here, it was a premedated murder by GH & he would never kill the mother of his boys with them in the home, therefore AH & the kids were not at home. LA signed this agreement, why? GH & AH had no money & LA would never sell her rights to her kids. She had to have been forced into signing & more than likely killed at the front door trying to make her escape. Any thoughts?

Hi, Guys!

I've been waiting and waiting for this trial. IMHO, Grant WAS the major planner in Laura's murder and manipulated Amanda. However, she allowed herself to be manipulated. But, what did she have to gain by Laura's "disappearance"? Two more children to raise. I'm sure she needed that if she was overwhelmed by PPD or just the exhaustion a new baby creates.

However, I do see her as having an active part in planning out the disposal and other related matters. As for her sister, I totally agree she knows a lot more than she is telling.

I hope to watch live as much as possible, but life keeps getting in the way. I know you all will help me keep up with the action, even if I can't be here.

BBM: IMO, two things: Not having to pay child support and not having to deal with Laura at all (which would force them to stay in North Carolina instead of the Virgin Islands which was their plan). Remember that Amanda was used to living the good life. Her previous husband was pretty wealthy and left her quite a bit of property/money. She and Grant blew through that pretty quickly and they were now in a really bad place financially wanting/needing to move out of state to VI.

I keep remembering Amanda bouncing out of the truck, hurrying around to the side of the vehicle...to dispose of the acid. While Laura was in bits and pieces in that disgusting creek. I think I might always believe that she was complicit in the planning and the end result. Am just not willing to cut her any slack for any reason....so far anyway.

Hi, Guys!

Ahh, another one of us is here, so welcome back, C'Moon!! It's like a reunion! We'll keep you posted, Native, so just settle in!
icon12.gif

What is y'alls take on the 3ft bleached out carpet area that was right inside the front door of their apt?

IMO, that specific piece of evidence really told the story of what likely happened..or rather when it likely happened.. For me it really made me believe that the attack likely occurred the very moment that Laura crossed the threshold into their apt.. It makes me think that not only was it extremely premeditated, but their entire and ONLY motive they had for luring her to the apt that day was to murder her, period.. IMO there was no physical altercation.. IMO there weren't even words exchanged.. IMO I really do believe that it was that level of premeditation, and that she was struck IMMEDIATELY as she entered their apt.(struck or stabbed) either way I believe there was an immediately incapacitating blow delivered as soon as she stepped inside, and IMO it is the blood evidence from that wound that they attempted to destroy with bleach..jmo, tho..

I agree they lured her there to kill her, but the letter/agreement makes me think she entered the apartment and was killed later. If the handwriting was actually Laura's, she had to have spent time (under duress, IMO) in the apartment. The agreement is perplexing! It makes no sense.

I have always felt that before buying the coolers, they put the body parts into a duffel bag, or something similar, placed it by the door and it leaked. Thus, the bleach to clean up the stain and smell.

Hi All,

I normally lurk on here but feel compelled to join in the convo re this trial. I'm following from Aus. The roughly drafted custody agreement made by GH points to what really happened here, it was a premedated murder by GH & he would never kill the mother of his boys with them in the home, therefore AH & the kids were not at home. LA signed this agreement, why? GH & AH had no money & LA would never sell her rights to her kids. She had to have been forced into signing & more than likely killed at the front door trying to make her escape. Any thoughts?

That scenario sounds good -- I've wondered when the stain/bleach area "got there" -- her coming in or her trying to go out. Either one is logical & likely. And I agree that she signed that worthless contract under duress or under the fear that her life was in danger.

And one more thing:
:Welcome1:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths :websleuther:

:australia:04009margaret !!!:australia:

There's always room & :cheers: for another Aussie!!

We're glad to have you w
ith us!!

:thewave:

:gday:

Hi All,

Hi margaret!

I agree that the custody agreement was bogus. I'm not even sure it was truly Laura's handwriting. I know the FBI witness said it was written by Laura, but I am still skeptical. The spacing is strange and it just doesn't look right to me. (And IMO, AH is a con artist, I just have a gut feeling that she has been scamming people all of her life.) Maybe AH forged the agreement.

But I think AH and the kids were all there when Laura was murdered. GH cares about himself. I don't think he cares enough about his kids to have had them leave the apartment during the murder. If he cared about them, he would not have killed the mother they loved. :(

I agree they lured her there to kill her, but the letter/agreement makes me think she entered the apartment and was killed later. If the handwriting was actually Laura's, she had to have spent time (under duress, IMO) in the apartment. The agreement is perplexing! It makes no sense.

I have always felt that before buying the coolers, they put the body parts into a duffel bag, or something similar, placed it by the door and it leaked. Thus, the bleach to clean up the stain and smell.

bbm

Yes, Boodles -- that's been a thought of mine, too. They bought & returned several (IIRC, it was several) duffels... And I thought that the stain might well be because that's where they put her duffel-bagged-up body parts as they were preparing to leave. But then, uh-oh, stains on the carpet by the door. So now it's bleach, more elbow grease, & coolers to deal with.

So much we'll never know BUT the only thing we really wanna know is that Amanda Hayes is convicted of Murder in the 1st and Accessory after...

Hi margaret!

I agree that the custody agreement was bogus. I'm not even sure it was truly Laura's handwriting. I know the FBI witness said it was written by Laura, but I am still skeptical. The spacing is strange and it just doesn't look right to me. (And IMO, AH is a con artist, I just have a gut feeling that she has been scamming people all of her life.) Maybe AH forged the agreement.

But I think AH and the kids were all there when Laura was murdered. GH cares about himself. I don't think he cares enough about his kids to have had them leave the apartment during the murder. If he cared about them, he would not have killed the mother they loved. :(

bbm

Absolutely, Boods!! I said earlier that we don't know much of anything about AH -- her life-before-Grant and her 1st (wazzit the 1st? -- who knoze?) marriage... I'm hoping we'll find out a little more about this IMO Evil Woman during this trial. Hoping that the PT will call some um, er, character (and she in one of those!) witnesses who will tell us a little more about Mz. Hayes and how she rolled.

Where did the $$$ come from that enabled her to engage two good defense attorneys. Surely, Shirley, they aren't doing it pro bono. That, IMO, would be pro nutso...
icon6.gif

Just my:twocents::moo:

Just in case there are some good folks who may want to review, according to WRAL, how we got here, below is their archive of this case, etc.

There is also a reference to the whole GH trial as it was live-streamed -- no cuts, other than autopsy pictures which are not allowed to be shown to the public (other than the jury and the folks in the courtroom) by NC Gen. Statutes -- no commentary, no commercials. Start to finish.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/9925558/?navkeyword=Amanda+Hayes

Waiting with baited breath for opening statements in this case. What tawdry tales will the DT spin on behalf of AH. I must warn for future reference that in Aus we do spell some words differently than in the USA. Thnx for warm welcome.

i believe i read in a yesterday news report that the state has a witness list of 160. if all are called, this will be a long trial.

Juror No. 9 is missing, but we're going on. One-on-one questioning starting. #ackerson

Juror No. 1 says he needs to be let off of jury for an extreme hardship to his employment & disturbing details of case. #ackerson

Juror No. 1 also notes he has a medical condition that would impair his ability to serve. #ackerson

...and, Juror No. 9 arrives. #ackerson

https://twitter.com/WolfeReports

Juror no. 1 was dismissed for cause.

(I am not going to be getting much work done, I suppose. GAH!)

Wowzers!

Juror No. 2 works at a store visited by Hayes after the #Ackerson murder. Said he saw a lot of news coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop