GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finding it hard to not let shreds of Grants trial to come through in Amanda's. I may have to give up on trying. :tantrum:

Same here, Jewels -- It's hard to imagine oneself as a juror in this one -- we'll never be able to keep straight what stuff was from one trial vs. the other.

Readin' you loud & clear, C'Moon!

So GRANT cleaned up the bathroom and the floors and the halls and the rest of the apartment? After he was prolly worn out from cutting up her body? Human bones and muscle & skin would be hard-going, IMO. That had to be work, especially if GH were doing it alone. And then the clean-up? What absolute folly to even think it. (Makes me laff that this super-Narcissist would even know where a sponge and a scrub brush could even be found in that apt.) What a joke.

Yes, I can easily see Mr. Wonderful-I-love-me-most-of-all gettin' down on his hands & knees & scrubbing, scrubbing, scrubbing all that carpet and bathroom floor, tub, etc., etc. etc. That's woman's work.
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif

ETA: And a big Howdy to the cuckoohead!!! Glad you're here!!!

The defense is implying that Grant killed and dismembered Laura at a different location than the apartment.

The defense is implying that Grant killed and dismembered Laura at a different location than the apartment.

Indeed, Grammy Jean, that's what he said. -- I can't wait to see how that unfolds. When, where, & how? How did he get her out of that apt without her screaming bloody murder inside & outside the apt? Did he tie her up, knock her out? Ummmmm. <smh>

(I was talking realistically in my post re the cut-up & the clean-up.) So far, the defense seems to be "anything goes" - it's hard for me to imagine the scenario that Gaskins is trying to paint.... but what else have they got/can they do? They've got nuttin' honey. Just nuttin'....

For those of you that followed the Raven Abaroa trial......the January date has been revised. The new retrial date is feb. 17.

Gaskins said when Ackerson &#8212; a former Kinston resident and former girlfriend of Hayes&#8217; husband, Grant &#8212; arrived at the Hayes&#8217; apartment in Raleigh, Amanda Hayes eventually went into another room with her 1-month-old daughter and Grant Hayes&#8217; and Ackerson&#8217;s two children while the pair discussed a new child custody agreement.

Not long after, Gaskins said Grant Hayes came in the room and told her something happened to Ackerson and that he was taking her to one of their two bathrooms until EMS could get there, and to take the children to Chick-fil-A.

Grant Hayes was convicted of the first-degree murder of Ackerson in September.

Gaskins then said for the next three days, Amanda Hayes had no idea what happened to Ackerson or that her body, sawed into seven pieces, remained in the bathroom.

Gaskins also said Grant Hayes arranged the trip to Amanda Hayes&#8217; sister&#8217;s residence outside Richmond, Texas and hid coolers containing Ackerson&#8217;s remains in a U-Haul trailer obscured by a large piece of furniture meant for the sister.

More at link: http://www.kinston.com/news/local/defense-outlines-strategy-in-murder-case-1.268680

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief at the "she didn't know Laura was dead until after arriving in Texas" defense. And at the peach frock she wore yesterday.

And I wonder what effect the weather will have on the trial today. Snow expected for this afternoon/evening, and we don't handle snow well here.

I have to work this morning, but I can take breaks if I really need to. Will y'all do me a favor? Will you post who is testifying? I would be VERY grateful!

Good morning!

Thanks Carolina Moon!

That is what I thought I heard! So now it is set up to believe GH did all of this at his dad and mom's. smh

Isn't this the same pair that is raising Laura's boys? I know they could be the most decent people in the world but I wonder how far the fruit fell from the tree?

Isn't this the same pair that is raising Laura's boys? I know they could be the most decent people in the world but I wonder how far the fruit fell from the tree?

I understand Grant's mother is on the witness list for this trial. Anyone know which side she will testify for? I've never heard anything negative about her.

LOL

Wild About Trial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial 5m

She is going with more salmon attire today. Wise choice? I think so. #AmandaHayes

Oh lawd, help me with this defense...Sounds like a bunch of made up BS. He even sounds like he is making it up as he is going along. Please Amanda get up on that stand and face the jury and us. So Amanda has nothing to do with it, threatened her with a cut less. This is foolishness lol

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

Welcome island! What is a 'cut less'? I too believe both Grant and Amanda were up to their necks in this murder.

I ain't buying the 'Stepford' wife defense!

Good Morning All,

I saw Laura's father when they had the camera pulled back at the beginning.

Good morning WS Friends,

Doesn't Johnny Gaskins focus primarily on personal injury law these days?

Good morning WS Friends,

Doesn't Johnny Gaskins focus primarily on personal injury law these days?

I thought so too... he was convicted of a federal crime in 2009. I didn't think he was even allowed to still practice. :facepalm:

Good Morning, Trial Junkies!! Here we go -- it will be interesting to see the differences in witnesses the PT calls for this AH trial vs. the GH trial....

Thanks Carolina Moon!

That is what I thought I heard! So now it is set up to believe GH did all of this at his dad and mom's. smh

bbm

SMH too, Jewels -- that's what it sounds like but I'm not buying it. He drove all that "stuff" (please excuse the crudeness) to Kinston? Nope, nada, nyet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654