GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Amanda had the baby and Laura asked to hold her. Then Laura reached for Amanda and tripped when she asked for Grants help. Then Grant and Laura tripped. Causing Laura to get hurt, and he dragged her to the bathroom.

I could have misunderstood though!

That was the gist I got also. I'm really surprised this is the defense, could the state really call Grant to testify with his 'Amanda elbowed Laura to death' story from his interview of a couple weeks ago? This is going to get very stange, not that it isn't rather unbelievable already.

I thought Amanda had the baby and Laura asked to hold her. Then Laura reached for Amanda and tripped when she asked for Grants help. Then Grant and Laura tripped. Causing Laura to get hurt, and he dragged her to the bathroom.

I could have misunderstood though!
A lot of tripping. Almost amusing trying to picture it.

I don't think Gaskin's said that LA was holding the baby when she tripped & fell. I inferred that the baby was still in the bedroom when AH came out to the kitchen or that If AH was holding the baby, that she just turned & walked away when LA asked to hold the baby. He didn't say that LA was allowed to hold the baby. I also don't think he was saying that the body had been dismembered by the time AH returned w/ the kids, just that LA was dead. It is very difficult to buy this theory about AH not knowing about the subsequent dismemberment & clean up. I could buy that she might not have helped w/ the murder but not that she didn't help w/ the rest of it.

Didn't he want someone to do it for him for free and they said no. So he had to have U-Haul do it for him that was part of the wait?

I know the friend didn't do it, but can't remember who did. Boy, I'm fuzzy today!

I do clearly recollect that def. att. said in the opening that by the time Amanda and the kids got home, Laura and her car were gone.

Surfie refresh my memory about Craigslist? I remember a sofa? TIA

I'll have to dig back in her thread for exact dates, but I believe the Macbook was sold prior to the murder? The sofa was when Sha was there and they asked her to wait for the buyer and the antique marble hat tree or whatever it's called was a little bit after. Sha testified about the antique being missing from the storage room when she went there to get some of her things.

Didn't he want someone to do it for him for free and they said no. So he had to have U-Haul do it for him that was part of the wait?

Yes, they approached Sha's husband about doing it and for whatever reason that I can't recall, he felt uncomfortable doing it.

My life is back on track, I have a trial. Say, whatever happened to the "elbows " that came up in the Grant interview ? Now everybody is tripping on a rug and flopping around the living room. Oh please !!! Def.Atty wrote this up after midnight...last night. Someone a page or 2 back....said it all ! "What a load !"

why didn't laura have full custody of her children?

Def. atty. said that by the time Amanda got back with the kids, the body was already in the truck behind the furniture, dead and dismembered.

My question is, how could he kill Laura, run out to WalMart, come back, cut her up, put her body in coolers and clean the apartment before Amanda got back?

Sounds to me that's what he was indicating.

I had to miss a bit of opening....
This can not be right! :what:
Did they not go to the storage unit the next day or day after to GET the "big piece of furniture"? Not to mention the Uhaul rental time.

I am going to have to relisten once they archive this tonight.

From what I recall she had been Grant's scheduler for gigs and when they broke up she didn't have a job or place of her own so he got primary custody until she got back on her feet financially.

Grant filed a report claiming that Laura abused the children ... turned out to be unsubstantiated, but that might have influenced custody.

It's a long story, but basically they lived in the VI and Grant started cheating on her with Amanda. Amanda owned an art supply store with Sha in the VI. Laura had Gentle and apparently he had some health issues that needed to be addressed in the US, plus I (speculation only) think she found out about Amanda. Laura moved back to NC with the kids and lived with Grant's parents so she could find a job and save some money to get a place.

Fast forward to a few months later, Amanda and Grant moved to NYC in the apt. that Sha was living in with her mom prior to VI. They packed up their NYC apartment, paid movers to move their stuff, and she, Grant and Sha moved back to NC. During that time, he and Amanda married and bought a nice apartment (the one Laura was murdered in) and Amanda got pregnant with Lily.

When they came back, it was a mutual agreement that he keep the kids during the week and she the weekend because she was working/going to school and he was a musician who worked mostly weekends. It was a win-win for both, supposedly. But then, once she settled with her own apt. and job, she wanted more than that and hence the custody fight began.

I really don't know, but am going to guess that LA didn't have the means to support the boys?

Thanks, so at the time, Grant was deemed a better provider than Laura. Was that court approved or just mutually arranged, anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!