GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK got it. She was injured, but didn't die from the rug trip, right? ...according to the story.

I think the defense is saying that the fall killed Laura. That it was an all around accident. This way Grant testifies for the defense and gets a new trial and everybody gets to go home. scott free.

I don't think that was how it happened. He sure took his sweet time shopping at WM for the saw, if I remember correctly.

IIRC, we have the have criminal mastermind Grant Hayes ON TAPE casually shopping for a saw at WalMart around 2:00 a.m.!

Because, you know, that's the way we roll in NC.

I think the defense is saying that the fall killed Laura. That it was an all around accident. This way Grant testifies for the defense and gets a new trial and everybody gets to go home. scott free.

Thank you. I am trying to be impartial and am looking for shreds of credibility.

IIRC, we have the have criminal mastermind Grant Hayes ON TAPE casually shopping for a saw at WalMart around 2:00 a.m.!

Because, you know, that's the way we roll in NC.

Maybe his plan was to use it in one of his "music gigs". A reciprocating saw as a musical instrument, perhaps?

How are they going to explain AH calling Sha to take the kids, and the strong smell of bleach if AH didn't know anything until they were in the car on the way to TX? Seriously? Crazy.

Hey everyone! Here we go again...

I honestly want to see how Gaskins intends to prove that AH knew NOTHING about the murder... so in the time AH and the kids were at Chick Fil A, GH murdered LA, dismembered her, cleaned up, disposed of her temporarily, etc in the amount of time it takes to eat a chicken sandwich????? :scared:

a chicken sandwich bought on a three hour tour, a three hour tour...

Thank you. I am trying to be impartial and am looking for shreds of credibility.

I am finding it hard to not let shreds of Grants trial to come through in Amanda's. I may have to give up on trying. :tantrum:

How are they going to explain AH calling Sha to take the kids, and the strong smell of bleach if AH didn't know anything until they were in the car on the way to TX? Seriously? Crazy.

I'm dying to hear Sha testify. Sadly, I suspect it will be mañana, and
I am out of pocket all day.

I have read nothing about this case other than the separation of trials and the verdict for Grant.

So far I think I understand that AH hated Laura (the State) called her crazy etc. But according to the defense Laura is holding Amanda's baby, with her permission ( I assume since Amanda is in the same room with her) and trips and falls with the baby in her arms.

One of these aren't truths because I never met a mother who would willing let her baby be held by someone she considered crazy and therefore possibly dangerous.

Another thing, this 'fall' is hard enough to cause an injury to Laura's head and her subsequent death but no one thinks the newborn needs to be checked over by EMSA just to be sure she is okay?

I have read nothing about this case other than the separation of trials and the verdict for Grant.

Welcome! It will be interesting to have your input as this goes along. Many of us here watched Grant's trial and followed Laura's case from day 1, so we do not have an open mind about Amanda.

I really hope that the prosecution introduces the Craigslist sales!! Those are really important, IMO.

Are you going to join us?

I see on a lot and you have excellent debating skills, which I do not. lol

??? Right? Amanda didn't notice a body being cut up in that apartment? There's a few weird things going on here.

I'm not buying that a long trip to Chick'a'Filet is going to be enough time to cut up the body and clean up the mess???

Yeah, especially when he hadn't even bought the saw yet. :facepalm:

I inferred from Gaskins opening statement that they're going to "show" that Laura was dismembered elsewhere.

Which, if that's what he maintains, would mean the Hayes' status quo was to have a messy house with a pristine, spotless guest/children's bathroom!

How else could AH "know absolutely nothing."

Of course, it will all be baloney if he takes that tact.

Welcome! It will be interesting to have your input as this goes along. Many of us here watched Grant's trial and followed Laura's case from day 1, so we do not have an open mind about Amanda.

I really hope that the prosecution introduces the Craigslist sales!! Those are really important, IMO.

Surfie refresh my memory about Craigslist? I remember a sofa? TIA

I'm still muddled about the defense opening. I hope WRAL puts up an archive on this like they did with Grant's trial.

Amanda didn't know about the body in the U-Haul until 3 days later? I don't remember when the U-Haul was rented, but it wasn't that day. Grant had to get a hitch put on his truck to tow it and that hadn't been done prior to the murder.

Let's hope I misremembered that opening!

So far I think I understand that AH hated Laura (the State) called her crazy etc. But according to the defense Laura is holding Amanda's baby, with her permission ( I assume since Amanda is in the same room with her) and trips and falls with the baby in her arms.

One of these aren't truths because I never met a mother who would willing let her baby be held by someone she considered crazy and therefore possibly dangerous.

Another thing, this 'fall' is hard enough to cause an injury to Laura's head and her subsequent death but no one thinks the newborn needs to be checked over by EMSA just to be sure she is okay?

I thought Amanda had the baby and Laura asked to hold her. Then Laura reached for Amanda and tripped when she asked for Grants help. Then Grant and Laura tripped. Causing Laura to get hurt, and he dragged her to the bathroom.

I could have misunderstood though!

I'm still muddled about the defense opening. I hope WRAL puts up an archive on this like they did with Grant's trial.

Amanda didn't know about the body in the U-Haul until 3 days later? I don't remember when the U-Haul was rented, but it wasn't that day. Grant had to get a hitch put on his truck to tow it and that hadn't been done prior to the murder.

Let's hope I misremembered that opening!

Didn't he want someone to do it for him for free and they said no. So he had to have U-Haul do it for him that was part of the wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery