GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why the state mentions AH is an actress? This ought to be interesting.

There's the Talented Mr. Ripley reference to which they referred in the jury selection.

OMG, I don't recall them ever saying her torso was cut in half too?!? Gawd, this is such a brutal crime. Sickening!

Her torso was separated from her legs and arms and head. Sorry so graphic. She was transported to TX in several coolers.

There's the Talented Mr. Ripley reference to which they referred in the jury selection.

I watched that movie over the weekend. I don't get the analogy other than they're both sociopaths.

Her torso was separated from her legs and arms and head. Sorry so graphic. She was transported to TX in several coolers.

That's what I believed too, but Boz said differently in the opening, or maybe it was how he phrased it.

Gah! I have to go and be momma taxi. I'll be back in a few.

At least this defense attorney isn't yelling at the jury. I can't stand when attorneys do that. If I were on a jury and someone was yelling their opening or closing I know I would ask them to stop yelling (and probably be in contempt of court).

So Grant was an actor and his partner an actress who both didn't believe real life would interject into their fantasy world and hold them responsible. okie doke

The defense is sure putting a halo on poor, murdered Laura's head. Interesting tactic.

Everything they're saying about Grant is true, but that doesn't excuse Amanda in her role. She aided and abetted in this crime, which makes her as culpable as her husband. They (the state) can convict her on "acting in concert" alone, though they have more than that, I'm sure.

Seriously Amanda is a victim? Amanda had a choice if she is an actress, she could have weaseled her way out of this.

GMAB

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 2m
Someone tell the defense this isn't a movie, they aren't actors and this plot sucks. The real story is chilling and scary...#AmandaHayes

What other defense can they claim but that she was afraid for her own life? There's literally nothing else they can try. Insanity? No go. They don't want to claim Amanda did anything to hurt Laura and try for a "defending my life from Laura" track. So they'll have to throw it on Grant alone, maybe with some intimidation by Laura or something.

Really, this is all they've got to throw against the wall.

Is this defense atty well known in the area? Very experienced?

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 1m
So what's he saying Grant killed her acting career too? #AmandaHayes

Sorry for posting these, but you got to laugh at the Diva.

Seriously Amanda is a victim? Amanda had a choice if she is an actress, she could have weaseled her way out of this.

GMAB

Victim, my patoody!

And what about Grant, Gentle and Lily? THEY are victims, not their (step/)mother.

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 1m
So what's he saying Grant killed her acting career too? #AmandaHayes

Sorry for posting these, but you got to laugh at the Diva.

Yes of course! Didn't ya hear there are two victims in this crime (no kids, no families, huh?). Laura and AMANDA :floorlaugh:

He's also neatly pointed out that Laura was going to get $50,000 from Grant, which he didn't have. That's so obviously a ruse of some sort.

I must say, I expected the defense to present a more credible story in his opening. Not impressed with this atty one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61