GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What story would you guys have presented instead if you were a defense attorney on this case? Serious question here.

Gaskins is contradicting himself constantly. Grant didn't care about the kids, yet Grant didn't want them to hear he and Laura discussing custody. Grant spent all of AH's money, yet he's doing a custody agreement for $ (which is BS).

This story is very far-fetched!!

??? Right? Amanda didn't notice a body being cut up in that apartment? There's a few weird things going on here.

I'm not buying that a long trip to Chick'a'Filet is going to be enough time to cut up the body and clean up the mess???

What story would you guys have presented instead if you were a defense attorney on this case? Serious question here.

Serious answer: The defense story sounds completely unbelievable.
I am not here to present an alternate story, just to listen to statements and testimony.

Agree. Defense had to admit that AH helped dispose of Laura's body. IMO the 'scared to death for my life' defense is the only way to go.

so, Laura trips on a rug and dies while Amanda is in another room and knows nothing about it? Is that what def is saying?

She'll be convicted, of that I have absolutely no doubt. I had no doubt her husband would be convicted either. Some crimes are just so heinous and this one is not a 'who done it.'

??? Right? Amanda didn't notice a body being cut up in that apartment? There's a few weird things going on here.

I'm not buying that a long trip to Chick'a'Filet is going to be enough time to cut up the body and clean up the mess???

I think the defense is saying Laura was stuck in the big piece of furniture on their trip down. But didn't they buy multiple coolers before they headed out to Texas?

I think the defense is saying Laura was stuck in the big piece of furniture on their trip down. But didn't they buy multiple coolers before they headed out to Texas?

I think Gaskins is intending to portray that the coolers held Laura's body, but they were HIDDEN behind the big piece of furniture. Thought I heard him say that...

Note: Becky Holt's favorite word is "indicate." You'll hear her say it about a thousand times, maybe more, over the course of this trial. ;)

The story was that Laura asked to hold the baby, Amanda turned and walked away, Laura walked behind her and tripped on the rug, was injured and Amanda left with the children while he got medical attention for Laura.

The really good friend of Laura's is up. I feel for her, she really cared for Laura.

Def. atty. said that by the time Amanda got back with the kids, the body was already in the truck behind the furniture, dead and dismembered.

My question is, how could he kill Laura, run out to WalMart, come back, cut her up, put her body in coolers and clean the apartment before Amanda got back?

Sounds to me that's what he was indicating.

The story was that Laura asked to hold the baby, Amanda turned and walked away, Laura walked behind her and tripped on the rug, was injured and Amanda left with the children while he got medical attention for Laura.

What a load.

Def. atty. said that by the time Amanda got back with the kids, the body was already in the truck behind the furniture, dead and dismembered.

My question is, how could he kill Laura, run out to WalMart, come back, cut her up, put her body in coolers and clean the apartment before Amanda got back?

Sounds to me that's what he was indicating.

I don't think that was how it happened. He sure took his sweet time shopping at WM for the saw, if I remember correctly.

OK got it. She was injured, but didn't die from the rug trip, right? ...according to the story.

I don't think that was how it happened. He sure took his sweet time shopping at WM for the saw, if I remember correctly.

Exactly. Maybe I misunderstood, but it sure seemed like Amanda, according to her attorney, had zero knowledge of the dismemberment, etc. Yet, the only time she was gone was for the chicken sandwich run with the kids.

I'll have to wait and see. A number of things he said in the opening just didn't make sense to me in light of the testimony in Grant's trial.

Is that Judge S doing the heavy breathing into the mic?

Hey everyone! Here we go again...

I honestly want to see how Gaskins intends to prove that AH knew NOTHING about the murder... so in the time AH and the kids were at Chick Fil A, GH murdered LA, dismembered her, cleaned up, disposed of her temporarily, etc in the amount of time it takes to eat a chicken sandwich????? :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62