GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I was wrong! Maybe Dr. Galloway will be testifying since they are cueing her up with this lawyer's testimony.

Laura's attorney costs was to be paid by Grant Hayes until the court decided otherwise.

Excuse me but that should be amended to read the costs are to be paid by Amanda Hayes until...

Oh darn I missed the testimony about Gentiles surgery and its significance!

Current witness (state social services? I am not sure his position) demonstrating how Laura was in good position to get full custody of children.

Hey!??? Where did everyone go? :scared:

I see the clerk fanning herself, maybe the heater is on high and that's contributing to fewer sniffles from the bench. lol

Current witness (state social services? I am not sure his position) demonstrating how Laura was in good position to get full custody of children.

Mr. Sargant ,Laura's custody atty. I like his testimony, shows Laura in such a good light.

Discussion on whether next witness, a psychologist, will testify as an "expert" or "fact witness" It is an odd discussion

Discussion on whether next witness, a psychologist, will testify as an "expert" or "fact witness" It is an odd discussion

Dr. Ginger Calloway. She was the Psychologist that testified in GH's trial. She is AWESOME. Thing is, she was hired for the custody battle and interviewed Laura and Grant... not Amanda. She is the one that termed GH as a psychopath I do belief.

Now a discussion on the term "obliterate" used in the next witness' report. Whether it is appropriate. Judge will not allow her to make reference to it. Jury may get wrong impression.

Dr. Ginger Calloway. She was the Psychologist that testified in GH's trial. She is AWESOME. Thing is, she was hired for the custody battle and interviewed Laura and Grant... not Amanda. She is the one that termed GH as a psychopath I do belief.

Thanks for the clarification. I only viewed about 3/4 of Grants trial and didn't catch Ginger Calloway. Looking forward to her testimony. Really enjoying this trial. Can't wait to see who the defense calls for witnesses. I hope Grant's parents testify.

IIRC Dr. Galloway inferred both GH and AH wanted to obliterate LA. But it is not going to be allowed in this trial?? Is that what I heard?

Now a discussion on the term "obliterate" used in the next witness' report. Whether it is appropriate. Judge will not allow her to make reference to it. Jury may get wrong impression.

This is too bad. That's an important concept and really made an impression, IMO, in the last trial. AH wanted Laura gone and out of her hair forever. It was exactly their motive to "obliterate" her.

obliterate - 1. To do away with completely so as to leave no trace. 2. To wipe out, rub off, or erase

IIRC Dr. Galloway inferred both GH and AH wanted to obliterate LA. But it is not going to be allowed in this trial?? Is that what I heard?

Yes, you are correct on what the judge said. I also remember, as you do, that the reference on obliterating Laura in Dr. c's report included both GH & AH. Dr. C may not have interviewed Amanda (can't remember) but at the very least she made home visits where both GH & AH were present & interacting with the children.

Don't know what sort of word would be a good substitute for "obliterate." Wipe out, rub off, erase, remove, etc.

Not only did Dr Calloway use the word in her report, didn't Boz use it in his opening statement? I guess the Judge's point is that it was the opinion of the Dr, and not something that was actually said. Probably appropriate since she more or less read much of the report in Grant's trial since he was a large part of her interviews.

:giggle:

Oops there is Mr. Gaskins, looking organized as ever....

Had audio for a few, joking around with Judge Stephens.....still no defendant.
ETA- THAR she blows....never mind....

:floorlaugh: Makes me chuckle -- thanks, Nymeria! :floorlaugh:

I just got here -- class this morning. Any explosions or fireworks?

Does the PT still have the floor, STS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member