GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Laura's dad did try to get custody, but apparently he was charged by one of his ex-wives of sexually abusing their children which I don't think was ever substantiated. That said, he never spent any time with the kids at all when they were growing up, lived in a different state, and that was considered too I'm sure. There's a long discussion about it on Laura's thread..I think number 2.

When Sha's Facebook profile was semi-public, she had a picture of her and Lily. Lily was about 2ish I think? I truly believe Sha loved the kids, but I can also see that she might not be ready to adopt them or even her half-sister. She's been through a lot.

From the way Sha testified I'd say she has plenty on her plate to try to work through and I understand why she might need time, a lot of time to move on in her own life.

I just hope the State is constantly following up with visits to these kids and making sure they aren't starting to be antisocial, hating the system for sending their daddy away, hating the world for not giving their daddy the chances they think he deserved.

Is this Laura Ackerson's hard drive?

I'm back to not hearing any questions from anyone. Just the responses 'That's correct' :(

Although we know that there was blood there, the defense argument appears to be that there was no blood ... seems to be a familiar line of defense when faced with incriminating blood evidence.

It does, doesn't it, otto!?

But we can also make inferences because there were no traces of blood, or a shower curtain, or a curtain rod although there were places for one, or bath mats, or hardly anything else in the b/r or linen closet... clean enuff for surgery, huh?

Hey friends, I am skipping testimony until defense begins its "Case" ---catching up over at the Michael Dunn and the Marissa DEvault trials.

I am always a PM away!!! :wave:

It sounds to me based on those emails that they were going to meet at Monkey Joes initially?

LOL. I would not be inviting her to a dinner party at my house. She speaks like a Conehead. (Sorry for being mean.)

:ufo:

Or a Stepford wife.... (that was my first reaction)...

But she is a good witness and her explanation of procedures, although dry as a mummy, is thorough & makes her methods seem very sound, IMO.

I don't think so. GH seemed to be discussing that the boys were getting tired of MJ's and now destroyed the toy section of Target.

:drumroll:
Agree, call me psychic but I don't think the woopy cushion on her seat gag would get the expected response.
:drumroll:

:floorlaugh:Dayam, you beat everything I ever saw, CUCKOO!! :floorlaugh:

:loveyou:

:drumroll: :drumroll:

:floorlaugh:Dayam, you beat everything I ever saw, CUCKOO!! :floorlaugh:

:loveyou:

(((borndem))) my mind does funny things when I can't hear what is going on in the court and have to make stuff up.

Who dumps their kids off at Monkey Joes (8,003) or Targets to let them cut loose and tear up the joint? I bet there are SEVERAL MJ (8,004) and Target employee's who'd like to slap Grant and Amanda with a machete. 'Major clean up on aisle four, five, six and seven.'

Heading over to Marissa Devault and her alleged love affair with a hammer.

See ya'll tomorrow 9:30 a.m est. Don't be late.

Marissa's trial does not resume until Monday. AZ court dark on Friday's as in JA trial. MDV and JA are comparing notes tonight over in lockup

Is Amanda's little girl, Lilly, being raised by Grant's parents? I don't like a murderer's parents raising his or her kids. That still is their son or daughter behind bars. I think the kids will be raised thinking their dad was in a terrible spot and not have any idea of the wonderful mother they lost.

Yes, CUCKOO, that's what we've all been afraid of ever since the GH trial. The "Laura who?" problem, but they have all 3 of them. LA's dad is/was planning to petition (or whatever it is) for custody of the boys, but I don't know where that effort is, at this time. Maybe another WS'er does...

We all agreed that those children shouldn't even be raised in Kinston. It's somewhat of a small town with an"everybody knows everybody" kind of flavor -- which is not necessarily bad (I was raised in one) -- but it could be for those 3 particular children. Plus, IMO, it's not fair to the grandparents, either. No one seems to know anything about them, really, but boom! all of a sudden they are parents X 3 to very young children. A lot of time, time, time, and expense, expense, expense, with GH's parents who were prolly looking forward to retirement in a few years.

Everybody and their children in that town will know who those children are and how they came to be raised by the elder Hayeses. This may be a tuff thing for those kids. Who knoze? It's a worry all the way around. JMOO

Hey friends, I am skipping testimony until defense begins its "Case" ---catching up over at the Michael Dunn and the Marissa DEvault trials.

I am always a PM away!!! :wave:

If you get a chance, chiq, let us know how those trials are going.... or give us a wink & a link! :loveyou:

someone may have already posted this, but, did anyone see the matching shoe in the closet underneath the comforter that was found in the dump pile?
Seen here at 1:24:50
[video=youtube;ER1EQHhX2-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1EQHhX2-c&list=UU8iigZOg6PyK8CJQTvWO_ag&feature=c4-overview[/video]

wonder if dna was taken from the shoe (flip Flop) . GHs or AHs? any bloodon the one in the dump pile?

Photos show Hayes dumping acid near Texas crime scene

Posted 11:38 a.m. -- 2/6/14
Updated 7:02 p.m. -- 2/6/14

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

hayes-640x360.jpg

Raleigh, N.C. — Jurors in the first-degree murder trial of Amanda Hayes on Thursday saw surveillance photos of her dumping four cartons – containing seven unopened one-gallon bottles of muriatic acid – at the end of a cul-de-sac near the Richmond, Texas, home of her sister.

Snipped:

John T. Schneider – an officer with Fort Bend County Environmental Enforcement in Fort Bend County, Texas, who recovered the photos from his department's camera – said the drop-off was made just after 10 a.m. on July 20, 2011, the last day of Hayes' three-day trip with her husband, Grant Hayes.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/photos-show-amanda-hayes-dumping-acid-near-texas-crime-scene/13365467/

Photos show Hayes dumping acid near Texas crime scene

Posted 11:38 a.m. -- 2/6/14
Updated 7:02 p.m. -- 2/6/14

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

hayes-640x360.jpg

Raleigh, N.C. — Jurors in the first-degree murder trial of Amanda Hayes on Thursday saw surveillance photos of her dumping four cartons – containing seven unopened one-gallon bottles of muriatic acid – at the end of a cul-de-sac near the Richmond, Texas, home of her sister.

Snipped:

John T. Schneider – an officer with Fort Bend County Environmental Enforcement in Fort Bend County, Texas, who recovered the photos from his department's camera – said the drop-off was made just after 10 a.m. on July 20, 2011, the last day of Hayes' three-day trip with her husband, Grant Hayes.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/photos-show-amanda-hayes-dumping-acid-near-texas-crime-scene/13365467/

Oooooooh she appears to be so scarred of her life right here. SMH, can't wait for the verdict. Goodbye satin

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

There were also emails that touched on the relationship between Ackerson and Amanda Hayes.

"I would like to address the attitude you have toward me in front of my children, though. I understand that Grant III Has probably told you that I am the worst person in the world, among whatever else was useful for him to say in the moment," Ackerson wrote in an email on Oct. 24, 2010.

She goes on:

"If you could please contain yourself in front of them, it would be appreciated. If you have something you would like to say to me, I totally understand and welcome it – just when they are not in earshot."

http://www.wral.com/emails-offer-glimpse-into-ackerson-s-relationship-with-amanda-hayes/13367090/

Morning! Anyone find a working link yet? I can't get WAT to load. Grrr...

ETA: WRAL has a screen up now. Hope we start soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack B