GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although we know that there was blood there, the defense argument appears to be that there was no blood ... seems to be a familiar line of defense when faced with incriminating blood evidence.

Hey I can hear the defenses questions! What a treat!

The last little exchange was fun, the difference between a bottle of something and drawer pull. What a defense!

Yeah, ok, Johnny Gaskins, you made your point. I am convinced that 4 bottles of shampoo on the edge of the tub proves Laura wasn't dismembered there. :facepalm:

Now move along. Yawn.

Even with all the cleaning supplies that came out of the apartment and luminol evidence, if the defense can get the jury to look at the evidence in isolation, he might be able to convince them that this was not a crime scene. That is, everyone cleans, so cleaning supplies are irrelevant, and there were no positive confirmatory tests for blood.

I'm just speculating, but both of these cats (no offense to felines) were painters. Grant bought a huge roll of plastic sheeting when he bought the saw. I think they taped it to the walls and everywhere in the bathroom.

Agree. Covered the ceiling and walls with plastic and started sawing inside the tub. Then bleached everything, probably with a sprayer.

I was just thinking, I bet those sickos were practically giddy when they drove back from Texas to NC....until they got home and saw the crime scene tape. LOL

Whenthey returned to NC, They went to a lawyer and Grants parents. I am not sure that went directly home,

How unlucky could she get!!!! Dumps the acid directly in front of camera...:floorlaugh:

bbm

Or,

Dumbs
the acid directly in fromt of camera...

lol - Lady, your luck is running out....<smh>

Even with all the cleaning supplies that came out of the apartment and luminol evidence, if the defense can get the jury to look at the evidence in isolation, he might be able to convince them that this was not a crime scene. That is, everyone cleans, so cleaning supplies are irrelevant, and there were no positive confirmatory tests for blood.

But that's the point. The jury can also consider the importance of the absence of evidence. In this case, it's very telling that this bathroom (used by GH and the kids) was spotless. It was spotless for a reason, and an anomaly in this otherwise non-spotless apartment.

ETA: but Gaskins is going to try to convince the jury, IMO, that the dismemberment was not done at this apt, and that it was done elsewhere outside of AH's presence/knowledge.

Oh here we go again with the defense asking about a women's size 3 pants.

Gaskins is doing himself no favors asking a heavier set woman if anyone in the courtroom could be a size 3. Just sayin'....

Surprise! Not! Gaskins put me to sleep. Seems I only missed the absence of evidence. What's the saying?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

What's the deal with size 3 pants?

Please please please please please make the heavy breathing stop!

But that's the point. The jury can also consider the importance of the absence of evidence. In this case, it's very telling that this bathroom (used by GH and the kids) was spotless. It was spotless for a reason, and an anomaly in this otherwise non-spotless apartment.

ETA: but Gaskins is going to try to convince the jury, IMO, that the dismemberment was not done at this apt, and that it was done elsewhere outside of AH's presence/knowledge.

That does seem to be where he's going with this. If he can place doubt that there was blood evidence at the apartment, then Amanda can be portrayed as ignorant of significant events related to murder and disposal of the body ... other than being a battered woman that was forced to assist in TX.

Thanks for the plastic tarp question, Becky. That tarp was big enough to cover the entire area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member