GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To anybody new on WS. I learned a long time ago to copy/paste anything I write on here that is long or that took me some deep thought to write. I am so happy I copy/pasted the overview above because when I got ready to send it I had timed out and couldn't get back on here. I switched broswers and got right back on. So take it from me and copy/paste anything important, long, etc. before you try to send it so that it doesn't get lost out there somewhere.
And with respect to the Jason Young thing I just sent, please somebody correct anything that I may have been wrong about.

Oh, NCEast, trust me I learned this lesson the hard way!!!! After quite a few times of losing long posts I'd written, I finally worked it out. LOL.

& I don't seem to be able to post on the new thread, will wait for it to be sorted out. Until then, I'm firmly convinced that Amanda Hayes was quite cognizant of what was happening to Laura Ackerson & that she (AH) probably had a primary role in her demise.

The new thread is not open yet. I will wait for this thread to get a little longer... thanks. :seeya:

Oh...LOL! Ok, I was thinking some guy married Amanda, I was like, wth?

LOL I could feel your freak out at that thought, aa. In Grant's interview last month he did say he and Amanda weren't married anymore, when the reporter asked him if they'd been divorced he said no, they just hadn't cohabitated in over a year, so...you know. lol

Would someone kindly save me from watching the cross exam for the 3rd time and suffering the voice of Amanda?

Did BH ask her about the overwhelming stench of bleach that everyone else smelled in that apartment, even the detectives that were there days after the murder? I didn't seem to catch anything about the smell of bleach, only that Amanda bought some at Target.

Considering that bleach gave Amanda migraine headaches and made her ill, how did she react to it?

Thanks in advance.

I'm watching AH testimony from her first day....blah blah...life history...blah blah. What I see is she was pretty ambitious in that you can tell she really wanted to hit it big in something. I thought it sounded like she had kind of tunnel-vision in her ambitions...maybe tunnel vision is wrong word b/c it was not in one area....but her end goal was to be successful at something.

So I can see how she viewed Laura as an obstacle to her goal, which now included Grant.

Amanda Hayes wraps up her testimony in murder trial

The News & Observer - Raleigh, NC
By Anne Blythe

February 12, 2014 Updated 3 hours ago

7NBrj.AuSt.156.jpeg

Amanda Hayes testifies in her defense Tuesday, February 11, 2014
at the Wake County Justice Center. Hayes, 41, a former actress and
art-supply store owner, is accused of working in concert with her
husband Grant Hayes to kill Laura Jean Ackerson in July 2011.

TRAVIS LONG

RALEIGH — The nine women and three men who will deliberate the fate of Amanda Hayes, the 41-year-old woman accused of helping her husband murder the mother of her stepsons, were sent home early Wednesday as snow began to blanket the Triangle.

Read more:
http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/12/3616631/amanda-hayes-wraps-up-her-testimony.html

Nine women and three men? Wow that is surprising, I would think the defense would have wanted more men on the jury. She seems to have some effect on men.

I think that another point that demonstrates that Amanda knew that Laura was dead and dismembered is the rental of the trailer. They needed the trailer to haul the coolers. They needed an excuse to rent the trailer. Even if they needed a trailer to move to Kinston, they didn't need to haul it all the way to Texas and back. Amanda came up with the idea of hauling the piece of furniture (which also belonged to Sha) to her sister's house as an explanation for taking the trailer to Texas. She didn't tell Sha about taking the furniture to Texas.

I can't see any other reason for taking the expensive piece of furniture to Texas other than to disguise taking the body parts to Texas. I think that Amanda is more of a master mind in all of this and it is probably all about the money ... where Amanda did not want any more of her money to go to supporting Laura.

Yes, I agree. And Laura was interfering with her goals and dreams of she and Grant making it big in something.

Does anyone think that the whole reason they (AH and GH) went back to N. Carolina was to make Laura "disappear"?

What do you all think of whose idea it was orginally? I keep wavering between Grant and Amanda......

What do you all think of whose idea it was orginally? I keep wavering between Grant and Amanda......

Without knowing either of them personally I couldn't even begin to guess. And I doubt we'll ever know.

I think it was premeditated and it is possible that the plan was conceived before they moved to NC. It could be that they tossed the idea around, and when then realized that the custody assessment was not in their favor, they acted on the idea.

I have a question about the "Broomstick Rider" rap song compose by Grant. Was that made in NY and did anyone understand the lyrics or why the rap was relevant? Sha gave it to police because she thought it was relevant. Did Grant and Amanda refer to Laura as "broomstick rider"?

Another AH contradiction is saying she had just read the custody agreement about a year ago. But it was found on the passenger side of the console in the Durango and had coffee stains on it.

Later she testified that "ever since the cutody agreement," she had been very stressed.

So which is it? May 2011 when they got the agreement or February 2013? Also, the machete cannot be both in the Durango and lying in Karen Berry's front yard. AH screwed up enough times that I'm sure the jurors will recognize the inconsistencies.

And there is no way that AH would have been willing to move to Kinston! She made it very clear she didn't want to move to NC on a permanent basis and only did it until the custody issue was resolved. She had no intention of living in a tiny house near GH's parents.

I feel better about this case today than I did yesterday. To believe AH, you have to buy every single excuse she offers, most of which are implausible. Becky made the point that she had all the evidence and years to create her story and theatrically recite it.

And I think they're bringing in a jail mate who will say that AH told her it smelled, GH stabbed Laura, etc.

One more thought: I have changed my mind about Karen Berry. I now think she should be prosecuted for accessory after the fact or whatever relevant charge applies. I hope they have not given her immunity.

I have a question about the "Broomstick Rider" rap song compose by Grant. Was that made in NY and did anyone understand the lyrics or why the rap was relevant? Sha gave it to police because she thought it was relevant. Did Grant and Amanda refer to Laura as "broomstick rider"?

Sha testified that GH recorded this in the NYC apartment. The lyrics are allegedly about Laura, with words like "my baby mama....gonna kill ya"..."can't take any more from you"...etc.

Another AH contradiction is saying she had just read the custody agreement about a year ago. But it was found on the passenger side of the console in the Durango and had coffee stains on it.

Later she testified that "ever since the cutody agreement," she had been very stressed.

So which is it? May 2011 when they got the agreement or February 2013? Also, the machete cannot be both in the Durango and lying in Karen Berry's front yard. AH screwed up enough times that I'm sure the jurors will recognize the inconsistencies.

And there is no way that AH would have been willing to move to Kinston! She made it very clear she didn't want to move to NC on a permanent basis and only did it until the custody issue was resolved. She had no intention of living in a tiny house near GH's parents.

I feel better about this case today than I did yesterday. To believe AH, you have to buy every single excuse she offers, most of which are implausible. Becky made the point that she had all the evidence and years to create her story and theatrically recite it.

And I think they're bringing in a jail mate who will say that AH told her it smelled, GH stabbed Laura, etc.

One more thought: I have changed my mind about Karen Berry. I now think she should be prosecuted for accessory after the fact or whatever relevant charge applies. I hope they have not given her immunity.

*BBM*
Do you think this will happen?
I had thought if it was going to the State would have called them already.
But possibly during rebuttal? :please:
BTW, there are 3-4 jail mates mentioned who ratted on her, we could end up with more than just one.

*BBM*
Do you think this will happen?
I had thought if it was going to the State would have called them already.
But possibly during rebuttal? :please:
BTW, there are 3-4 jail mates mentioned who ratted on her, we could end up with more than just one.

When I heard Becky quoting one of the jail mates, I immediately thought "rebuttal witness." But I don't know how Becky got those statements into her questions in the first place, i.e., can the prosecution just throw stuff out there without substantiating it? Did AH's testimony somehow open the door?

But you have a good point...why wouldn't they have had such a witness during their case in chief? I don't know.

I would love to see Sha or Karen come back and definitively refute things AH said. But I think KB is aligned with AH's defense. And what more could Sha say?

When I heard Becky quoting one of the jail mates, I immediately thought "rebuttal witness." But I don't know how Becky got those statements into her questions in the first place, i.e., can the prosecution just throw stuff out there without substantiating it? Did AH's testimony somehow open the door?

But you have a good point...why wouldn't they have had such a witness during their case in chief? I don't know.

I would love to see Sha or Karen come back and definitively refute things AH said. But I think KB is aligned with AH's defense. And what more could Sha say?

I think the only bright spot in this trial would be if the State brings in GH to testify. Wouldn't he make a terrific rebuttal witness as he is the only other living person who knows what happened and the extent of what AH is lying about. It may be a stretch but I would love, LOVE, for him to be called. After watching the interview he did last month with WRAL's A. Lamb he said a lot stuff that is in total contradiction with what AH is now saying. He surely doesn't have anything to lose.

Oh dear, I hadn't thought of this - someone remarked on Twitter that the toilet was probably clogged, but not due to the boys but flushing body parts (I suspect internal organs).

You know what "they" say - There is a little bit of truth in every lie.

Oh dear, I hadn't thought of this - someone remarked on Twitter that the toilet was probably clogged, but not due to the boys but flushing body parts (I suspect internal organs).

You know what "they" say - There is a little bit of truth in every lie.

:puke:
Glad I skipped breakfast!

I had mentioned this before.
If you are cutting mid-torso, I have to think some organs are going to "slip out", especially intestines (I just dry heaved, I need to wait till later in the day to think about stuff like this). Actually, intestines are probably the only things that would, they are packed in and only attached at either end. The rest of the organs would be fixed for the most part, unless severed at point of attachment....OK I am done with this for now :yuck:

You have to be stone cold to do the things these 2 did. I don't care who physically did the acts, if you KNOW of them happening and can go about your day semi-normally, you need to be removed from society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990