GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does know there's a microphone right there, right?

:blowkiss:Borndem!!!

NCB!!!
:loveyou:

icon12.gif

Oh Gaskins, you have been obsessed with Grant's obscure voice mail messages and drug deals using throw away phones since the beginning. Get off it and defend your client

I totally agree that the FBI was wrong. LA would never have signed this agreement. It was meant to provide an explanation for Laura disappearing as GH thought his plan for getting rid of LA was infallible. He totally believed that her body would never be found & that he could explain her disappearance with this signed agreement that Laura gave up her kids for money. He thought no one would ever realize that he had no way to pay her $25000. I believe GH is evil, evil, evil. I think his mom's comment about teacher jealousy was very revealing about how she sees her son. IMO, she enabled his thinking that nothing was ever his fault. He blamed LA for the situation he found himself in. I believe AH told many lies on the stand but I believe her opinion of LA came from what GH told her about LA. He was really her only source of information about LA & he convinced her that LA was a bad mom & that her only motivation was money ( which is interesting because I don't believe he was paying child support & had no money for LA to try to get!) I think the "agreement" proves premeditation on GH's part. It us difficult to believe that AH didn't know about the agreement ahead of time as, it would gave required time to get it written, but just not sure how jury sees it. Hope the closing for the PT is very strong & ties it all together. Hoping for justice for LA.

I think in the closings, prosecution needs to focus on Amanda, Amanda, Amanda. That they try not to focus on Grant. They need to keep it to Amanda. That she did this, she did that, etc.etc.. To show how she is equally culpuble in all of this. They also need to pound it into the jury that it doens't matter whose idea it originally was or who did the initial stab, that they both did this together.

Will he skip over the point of his client dumping the muriatic acid?

Yes, I am fast forwarding in my mind...

I wonder if the jury is taking copious notes or just nodding off and trying to keep their eyes open.

Amanda looks confident today!

G'Mornin' luckyme -- Yeah, she looks okay, but seems to me her nose is a bit longer that when this trial started. :liar:

Duh, we all know a good bleach cleaning will kill off the DNA...

Is he trying to say they didn't dismember her in the bathroom??

What about the plastic sheeting??!! There wouldn't be any blood under molding, etc., if all the blood was contained in the sheeting.

Consensus on Twitter is that he has lost the jury. I agree. This is a summary, a closing, not a day-by-day, hour-by-hour recitation.

Gaskins wants to make sure the saw is quick ready for access. How in the world could that help the case?

Maybe he's gonna crank it up and deafen the jurors' ears so they won't be able to hear Boz and Becky in their closing!

Amanda should demand a mistrial due to incompetent representation. Sorry, I suddenly pity Amanda for choosing this guy. In recent years, she has picked herself some looses.

Has anyone seen a worse defense attorney?

Oh, I respectfully disagree. Although a slow-talker, he is filling in every single gap, anticipating every question the jurors might have. He's setting this up for reasonable doubt, i.e., the State did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I did not expect him to be this thorough. I think he's doing well considering the facts.

I hope the jurors really grasp the jury instructions once they're read about acting in concert and circumstantial evidence.

OMG did Gaskin just say let me use a skill saw. Are we going to see Halloween the 15th???

That's what I want to see is a comparison between an arthritic old man vs a young man and woman in their primes.

okie dokie

Didn't Amanda testify that Grant had to cut the body up because it was the only way to get it out of the apartment without being seen?

He's contradicting his client's story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member