GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he or will he not knock over his little bottle of water while shuffling through the stack of papers next to it???

That is what will be keeping me awake during this closing.

OK and let's talk about her owning and running an "Art Store".
I do not consider conning a gallery into cutting her off a space on their floor and letting her sell supplies as opening her own store.
I will give her kiosk status, at most :facepalm:

I am sorry but if I was on this jury I would not be able to tolerate Gaskins and his "Ummm, Ummm's".
Does he think this qualifies as Good old boy southern charm, or is he really this inarticulate?

I was hoping his female counterpart was going to do at least some of their closing, he's just so hard to listen to for any length of time.

Charm. He knows proper grammar, i.e. not ending a sentence in a preposition.

Well then, I would say someone should text him and tell him it is not flying, but we all know he is not exactly a tech wiz when it comes to cell phones...

Ohhhh.. Gaskins' style makes me jumpy. He is such a slow-talker and takes way too long to complete a thought.

slapen_aan_pc.gif

Alrighty then. It's all Grant's fault y'all! :rolleyes:

It's at this point when I wish NC didn't allow so much hearsay into their trials.

sleeping-in-class.gif

All he's proving is that Laura figured Grant out but Amanda hadn't when they killed her. And still hadn't when AH wrote him those love letters to him from jail.

wow...this lawyer is terrible. Most are much better at simply reading something aloud. geesh

jmo

Will he or will he not knock over his little bottle of water while shuffling through the stack of papers next to it???

That is what will be keeping me awake during this closing.

Thank you for giving me something to focus on--it remains safe, thus far!!

And Amanda was koochy-kooing with the evil monster at the jail and in her communications with him through her mother. What does that make her???

Grant was a simple delusional freak. I'm surprised he was even able to tie his shoes. He was not capable of pulling this murder off alone, IMO.

Uh, no Gaskins - he did not know exactly what he wanted. He had to ask for help in teh store!

And Amanda was koochy-kooing with the evil monster at the jail and in her communications with him through her mother. What does that make her???

Don't forget if "you blow the water out of the drain pipe you can talk" to your partner in crime . Spoken like a real inmate, not a NYC gal.

First, you're right about AH not getting pregnant until fall 2010. She was not pregnant with Lily when she left the VI.

AH told some very flagrant lies. She screwed up. The jurors were studying her very intently, and taking notes, watching her constantly. They are very engaged.

I was thinking today that if AH had admitted the truth about being an accessory after the fact, it may have served her better. Because I don't see how the jury could ever believe that she did not know that Laura was dead. But because she lied about that, and was caught in several other big lies, I hope they will see that since she lied about the accessory charge, she's lying about it all.

If she had said "yes I helped after GH killed Laura," but proceeded with the "not being involved in the murder" lies she told on the stand, she might have gained more credibility and she might have done just a short sentence for accessory. But she had to go for the gold, so to speak, pleading not guilty to everything. I hope it bites her in the azz.

I think the murder was premeditated but intended to be done earlier that day, somehow, but then Laura was late. I do believe Berakat, that AH said "it wasn't supposed to happen like that." I also believe that AH is the one who killed Laura, and that the murder was her idea, but that it happened not the way they originally planned.

I think AH told the truth for quite a bit of her testimony. It's when she throws in "so, anyway"...(blink blink blink) that she lies, and also when she looks down to the left when she's pulling from her fictitious version. But it seems she throws in a lot of true details, too.

And I'm saying again: the FBI lady was wrong IMO because Laura did not write that note, not under duress, not at all. It's forged, specifically traced from words from the prior hand written legal order John Sergeant referred to in his testimony. It looks obviously forged to me due to its odd spacing between words and phrases and Sergeant's name is even spelled wrong. Becky has also alluded to this, IMO, but they had to call that FBI witness so as not to appear to be hiding evidence. JMO. AH and GH came up with the plan to feed Laura to the gators and have the police believe that she ran off with $25K by having that bogus agreement handy in their apartment. Yeah, right, $25K. "Well, duh."

Wow, thanks for this. I hope the jury thinks the way you do!

Good morning peoples! I finally got connected and there is the defense attorney. I think he could hypnotize large groups of people within moments of hearing him speak.

Are we ready for D Day (decision day)? I hope the State, and by State I mean Boz, delivers the slam dunk taking all the mystery away from what kind of human being AH really is. Then conviction of murder 1 will be a snap.

Gaskins is such a weak defense attorney I almost pity him. All he seems to be able to do is to read, in a stumbling manner, the comments of others. He is wasting his allotted time on this. He needs to get to the point and tell the jury how Amanda was NOT involved in Laura's murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay