GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury sent back to jury room and told not to deliberate until judge decides on whether they can hear the saw.

Judge tells lawyers he does not believe he has authority to let them hear the saw.

Wonder how LOUD it was when it was sawing through Laura's BODY? Is someone on the jury stupid??

Sorry, sooooo frustrated!

I was wondering if it took 2 people to saw a body! we have a saw like that and i believe it would! maybe thats what they r thinking!!!! moo

I hope so. But judge said, it's like I suspected...they are more interested in the sound of the saw than what the saw looks like....

from that I get that the jury really didn't inpect the saw very carefully that's why Judge said that.....

Does this jury believe a reciprocating saw could be on and not be heard inside that apartment? Anyone who was in that apt would hear something. Amanda knew what was going on...she helped!

O M G. It doesn't even matter whether she heard it or not, she knew exactly what was going on, just like you said.

OMG.

Judge told jury they can't hear the saw.

Recessed for lunch until 1:30.

So if the saw makes a low purring sound, is that significant? So much other evidence - the bleach, the shopping trip, the bleach, the bathroom closed off, the bleach, Amanda's own words. It feels like the are getting into the minutiae, seems like they have some people who are not convinced.

Laura's dead body was in that apartment for days. Amanda didn't know? :banghead:

It doesn't sound like the jury necessarily believes her jail friend, Patricia Barakat, who testified that Amanda knew and was right there when Laura was killed. That concerns me. Barakat had nothing to gain by telling the court what she knew, she's out on probation and has been.

That this jury is giving any reasonable consideration to AH's obvious lies about the murder is concerning to me. I hope it's just one or two who need to be guided to reality. Any electrical device will make noise. A saw makes noise, even if you're in a bathroom behind a closed door. And in a bathroom where you have hard surfaces and tile the noise will bounce around and may even sound louder.

Okay then the jury had a night to sleep on it and now they will come back to court with full tummies to continue deliberations.

Looking into my crystal ball, which is also my bowling ball, I say verdict in two hours after lunch.

Does this jury believe a reciprocating saw could be on and not be heard inside that apartment? Anyone who was in that apt would hear something. Amanda knew what was going on...she helped!

Do they believe that it could be on, in use (e.g., striking bone) while AH was present without her knowledge?

Not a chance...

So if the saw makes a low purring sound, is that significant? So much other evidence - the bleach, the shopping trip, the bleach, the bathroom closed off, the bleach, Amanda's own words. It feels like the are getting into the minutiae, seems like they have some people who are not convinced.

Laura's dead body was in that apartment for days. Amanda didn't know? :banghead:

All the reciprocating saws I've had and used made a loud, high, whining noise. It isn't as loud as a chain sae but you can hear it through, say, a bathroom door.

I don't know the noise difference between an electric and battery powered recip. saw but I tested our battery-pack one and it's much less noisy than I would have thought, about twice the volume of an electric razor. I can hear the electric razor down the hall or in the kitchen when its in use, so the saw would of course be noticable in an apartment, I'm sure. But I did try ours out in the bathroom to see, I can understand why some of the jurors would want to know, and was surprised throughout the trial that no one asked to have it plugged in so the jurors could hear it for themselves and put a dynamite charge to one of her 'I didn't know' defenses.

All the reciprocating saws I've had and used made a loud, high, whining noise. It isn't as loud as a chain sae but you can hear it through, say, a bathroom door.

I can hear water running in the bathroom from the living room. Not only did Amanda assist the night Laura was murdered, she assisted all the way to Texas. These are weird questions coming from the jury, in my opinion. :tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member