GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly Gardner (WRAL) ‏@wralKellyG · 40s
A Wake County jury has resumed deliberations in the #AmandaHayes first-degree murder trial. It deliberated for about 75 minutes on Monday.

Morning all! I went to Wral but did not find video feed up yet. Anyone else got any video? Or I guess we just wait, wait.....

I guess they started. Weird, no live feed that I can find either. :waitasec:

Kelly Gardner (WRAL) ‏@wralKellyG · 7m
A Wake County jury has resumed deliberations in the #AmandaHayes first-degree murder trial. It deliberated for about 75 minutes on Monday.

Oh darn, I wanted to have it on in the background and hear any questions or issues that arise.

We seem to get a lot of verdicts after lunch -- I think the juries come to a conclusion the day before. Then they come in the next morning to get a final (we hope) unanimous verdict, and then they take some time to complete the verdict form and then to make sure they have it the way it should be done. Maybe then they relax a little and have lunch as a farewell kind of thing and come back & announce they have a verdict.

Or will they announce around break time in order to GTH outta there and live their normal lives again.

Will it happen today?

What will the verdict be??? Grrrr.

:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

I just started following this case,question,is her trial voice that big a difference that they called her out on it,like in the Arias trial she had the baby voice going,but no one called her out on it like in this trial,so wondering,how dramatic a change it was.thanks

Q for y'all: if the jury hangs on the murder charges, can they find her guilty of accessory-after-the-fact? Or does hanging on the murder charge end their deliberations since that charge is inconclusive? Because the murder and accessory charges are mutually exclusive, if I understood correctly.

Is this what Rosemary brought up to the judge just before deliberation yesterday?

For those that are going to follow the Bob Bashara trial (supposed to start soon on March 3rd) here is the thread at websleuths, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180306 and here is what is happening NOW JUST THIS MORNING with him in court asking for a new attorney. (for those who need to busy themselves waiting for Amanda verdict) here is the live link to live link LIVE HEARING NOW FOR BASHARA

ETA: Looks like it has been cancelled and they are removing equipment, but cannot find updates. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Don't know if this has been answered or of this is even why (I am running late again :( ). Anyway, I live in the area and we got 4-6 overnight, there may be delays or even closings. I know schools are closed.

:seeya: morning all!

ETA- Yeah, that would be 4-6 inches of snow. Getting so used to it I don't even add detail anymore, *sigh*.

I just started following this case,question,is her trial voice that big a difference that they called her out on it,like in the Arias trial she had the baby voice going,but no one called her out on it like in this trial,so wondering,how dramatic a change it was.thanks

Not sure how dramatic the difference in her voice change is, but she DID get called out on it by her former jail buddy Barbara Baraket (sp?). She said she used the baby voice when talking to guards or any people she wanted something from, and her regular speaking voice was much harsher.
Boz also mentioned that fact in the closing (or was it Becky?).

Hoping this morning that none of the jurors are overly naive, and that all of them have cultivated a "healthy" amount of cynicism during their lives.

ETA: is "healthy amount of cynicism" an oxymoron?

***O/T Boodles, are the snow dog and the real dog yours? If so, you did a terrific job with the snow dog!!

The State did point out her phoney little girl voice and her acting lessons. IMO so the jury could ascertain her testimony was lie after lie. I loved it. I kept waiting for Amanda to start playing with her hair, ya know swirling it like a child.

Oh darn, I wanted to have it on in the background and hear any questions or issues that arise.

Me, too, Boodles -- we'll just have to check in with twitter, I guess.

We know what the sentence for 1M is, so here is the other for those who might wanna know:

2nd Degree Murder is a B1 Felony. With no prior felony points, there are three categories of sentence ranges, given in terms of months.

"Mitigated" (no way, I say):..144--192 months
"Presumptive".....................192--240 months
"Aggravated" (by all means).240--300 months

This was in no way a 2nd Degree murder -- it's a chicken -:chicken:- poop verdict, but better than the other cluck-:turkey:-cluck verdict.

I hope the jurors won't be fooled.:sigh:

:waiting: And :waiting:so :waiting:we :waiting:wait...:waiting:

:justice:

I was sure of the verdict, but now after the whole debacle in Florida, now I'm not sure....so I'm in the nervousness with you all now :)

Per Twitter: Jimmy the cameraman testing the audio at judge Stephens bench. #AmandaHayes pic.twitter.com/LA3p89J1dv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarlaK